Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

mickEblu

I have a five day trip in August and best case scenario will be 5 for Rise and 5 for Web Slingers haha. I’ll take 3 for Rise and 2 for WS though without any complaints.

Lol. I know you re kidding but I have a feeling after riding Web or ROTR one to two times you will find that it’s not worth the trouble unless you already up that early. I say make it a real vacation and sleep in at least a couple days. We rode twice on the first day of my trip due to some child switch Hackery. My wife and sister had no urge to ride a second time. The next morning the only reason I tried for boarding passes again was for the sport of it. At that point my bro in law had no interest in riding a third time and it was just my son and I. 500 minutes late because we were willing to take that chance. Mind you I never waited more than 5 minutes to ride. Not a knock on ROTR but after the newness wears off it just becomes a good attraction in a park full other good to great more charming attractions. I say just enjoy the trip and view these attractions as something new to do. Don’t plan too much of your trip around them.

Of course if your kids love them, throw everything I said out of the window.

Curious Constance

Lol. I know you re kidding but I have a feeling after riding Web or ROTR one to two times you will find that it’s not worth the trouble unless you already up that early. I say make it a real vacation and sleep in at least a couple days. We rode twice on the first day of my trip due to some child switch Hackery. My wife and sister had no urge to ride a second time. The next morning the only reason I tried for boarding passes again was for the sport of it. At that point my bro in law had no interest in riding a third time and it was just my son and I. 500 minutes late because we were willing to take that chance. Mind you I never waited more than 5 minutes to ride. Not a knock on ROTR but after the newness wears off it just becomes a good attraction in a park full other good to great more charming attractions. I say just enjoy the trip and view these attractions as something new to do. Don’t plan too much of your trip around them.

Of course if your kids love them, throw everything I said out of the window.
If things don’t go well the first day, you might have to come do it for us lol

hawkfam

We're going to WDW in July and while I know that putting SW:GE in DL really changed the look of the park, and probably not for the better, (we were last at DLR in 2018 before it opened) I have to say that for as long as the boarding groups exist it's so much better to have Rise in DL.

Much like CA is HS is barely a full-day park so it's hard to justify going to HS more than one day so we really just have hope we get lucky at getting on it on our one day there. And with 4 parks and 2 water parks I'm guessing many others going to WDW are like my family and deciding how to spend each day and realizing that if not for Rise no one would attempt to spend more than a day at HS whereas I think we all would be fine spending multiple days in DL and just getting on Rise whenever we'd be lucky enough to get a BG.

Of course regardless of which resort we'd probably all prefer these dumb boarding groups die a quick death...

DrAlice

Try at noon, you have another chance.
Missed that one because I forgot until it was too late. I had a reminder on my phone, but my minimumally-caffeinated brain set it for the wrong day. Doh! Rookie mistake. We'll try again on Thursday.

Had fun flying the Falcon, though! My daughter and I crashed it all up. :D When we were done, my husband and daughter flew it again without me. (First thing in the am, it is a walk on). BTW, There's no way I could ride this in the back. I was a little queasy in pilot position. In the back, I'd puke for sure.

Anyway, we all really enjoyed Galaxy's Edge, despite missing Rise.

waltography

Missed that one because I forgot until it was too late. I had a reminder on my phone, but my minimumally-caffeinated brain set it for the wrong day. Doh! Rookie mistake. We'll try again on Thursday.

Had fun flying the Falcon, though! My daughter and I crashed it all up. :D When we were done, my husband and daughter flew it again without me. (First thing in the am, it is a walk on). BTW, There's no way I could ride this in the back. I was a little queasy in pilot position. In the back, I'd puke for sure.

Anyway, we all really enjoyed Galaxy's Edge, despite missing Rise.
I'll try to send a carrier pigeon to make sure you don't miss the virtual queue. 😂 Glad to hear your family had a great time, boarding groups notwithstanding!

DrAlice

I'll try to send a carrier pigeon to make sure you don't miss the virtual queue. 😂 Glad to hear your family had a great time, boarding groups notwithstanding!
Seriously. I need all the help I can get!! Without fast pass and everything being different, we made so many rookie mistakes. Oh well, we had fun anyway.

DrAlice

We got boarding group 199 at noon today. I really wasn't sure if we would get to ride with such a high number, but we stuck around. We were called to ride at about 7pm and got in line. About 10 min in, the ride broke down. :(

While we nervously waited, we rode BTMRR, then came back to galaxy's edge. My daughter is a total wildlife and animal geek, so she wanted to go to the creature shop again and stare at the sleeping loth cat (and beg us to buy everything in there). While she talked the cast member's ear off, I noticed some people with the little Batuu wildlife guides. I'd forgotten about those completely!!! My daughter was soooo into this. We didn't get to finish filling out her guide because we were called back to board Rise!!!

You guys.... I honestly can't love Rise and Galaxy's Edge more. I had perma-smile through the entire ride, and the whole land just makes this star wars nerd's little geeky heart happy.

I will try for a second chance to ride tomorrow am, but I'm not very optimistic. Then we'll have to decide what to do at noon.... First world problems... Haha.. In the meantime, we'll certainly be back to finish the kid's "field guide" of Batuu. (And buy a loth cat... Sigh)

Curious Constance

We got boarding group 199 at noon today. I really wasn't sure if we would get to ride with such a high number, but we stuck around. We were called to ride at about 7pm and got in line. About 10 min in, the ride broke down. :(

While we nervously waited, we rode BTMRR, then came back to galaxy's edge. My daughter is a total wildlife and animal geek, so she wanted to go to the creature shop again and stare at the sleeping loth cat (and beg us to buy everything in there). While she talked the cast member's ear off, I noticed some people with the little Batuu wildlife guides. I'd forgotten about those completely!!! My daughter was soooo into this. We didn't get to finish filling out her guide because we were called back to board Rise!!!

You guys.... I honestly can't love Rise and Galaxy's Edge more. I had perma-smile through the entire ride, and the whole land just makes this star wars nerd's little geeky heart happy.

I will try for a second chance to ride tomorrow am, but I'm not very optimistic. Then we'll have to decide what to do at noon.... First world problems... Haha.. In the meantime, we'll certainly be back to finish the kid's "field guide" of Batuu. (And buy a loth cat... Sigh)
I’ve got my fingers and toes crossed for you guys!!!

Jones14

Have boarding groups been any easier to obtain now that Web Slingers is open? I’d be curious to see if the window has been staying open for longer over the last week.

DrAlice

On our last day, I snagged boarding group 31 in the morning. We got to the park early and went straight to Galaxy's Edge. Apparently, Rise was having a tough time getting out of bed, because they weren't loading anybody. So, my husband and daughter rode Smuggler's Run while I enjoyed a Tatooine Sunrise. When they were off the ride, Rise was STILL down, so my daughter finished her Field Guide of Batuu. She had SO MUCH FUN with this. And I've got to give a big shout out to the cast members of GE. So many of them were eager to help her find creature tracks, listen to her talk their ears off, and answer all of her questions. They were really great with her and she will remember that morning forever. You rock. ❤️

Anyhoo.... Rise finally started boarding at about 11:30am. We got on just before noon (so no ability to snag a WebSlingers boarding group... oh well). We sat in the back this time and went the opposite direction as the first ride. We still loved every second of it. The plexiglass didn't bother us at all.

And yes, at the end of the night, my daughter became the proud adoptive parent of a Loth Cat. aka: Most. Expensive. Stuffed Animal. Ever. 🤣 🤷‍♀️ (It is quite cute. It kept randomly meowing and purring in the car on the drive home today.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom