Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

D.Silentu

Well, now you can snag reservations from wherever you are at seven in the morning or noon. You still need the reflexes of Doc Holliday with an iphone to get them though and heaven forbid you're in the car on the way to the park at seven o' clock.

Tamandua

Well, now you can snag reservations from wherever you are at seven in the morning or noon. You still need the reflexes of Doc Holliday with an iphone to get them though and heaven forbid you're in the car on the way to the park at seven o' clock.
Funny how many people are in the parking garage right at 7 am, where call phone reception is terrible to nonexistent.

MagicWDI

Just checked today right before posting this and the groups are all taken... Was there something funky going on yesterday or something?

Edit: Rise all reserved. WEB still available.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

1628558312754.png

waltography

At the parks today and got BG 131 at 7am (bad luck; we were driving under an overpass on our way to the park). Rise still hasn’t started boarding as of 9:24am, hoping it won’t be a rough day for the ride.
Update: Got in line just now and was even able to snag Web Slingers boarding groups! BG 257 at 1:30 now, so parks are not as busy for sure.

Newtwo

Left my place at 11pm, went through the turnstiles at 11:50 (the trip from the structure there was hideous), and then sat down in town square with my phone. Snagged a boarding pass when it hit 12pm, then boarded under 3 hours. Waited about 20 minutes to get to the Rey room. All together, I was on the ride about 3 hours after making my reservation.

I know it’s unpopular, but I had such a relaxing experience because of boarding groups. The arrangement works nicely when there’s not as much demand; I think boarding groups were still available for at least 10 minutes. I much preferred this to getting there at rope drop, and then still waiting an hour. Don’t love it in theory… but it was great today in practice.
After pay to win and the APs are here that 10 minute window of getting boarding groups will be back down to one second. We'll see how relaxing you think it is then.

MagicWDI

Just waking up after my 3 days at the parks. Was able to ride Rise three times and Web Slingers twice. I couldn't get a chance to ride WEB on Monday because Rise had a delayed opening and didn't start boarding groups for several hours. But it is what it is. Had a great time!

First time experiencing both attractions and enjoyed them both. I have to say Rise has taken the top spot on my favorite attractions list! That was a total experience!

RoadiJeff

In a 4 day visit last week, we were able to get Webslingers every day and ROTR 3 of the 4. The only miss was getting off Soarin' right at noon and I had no signal on my phone.
Noon? The afternoon boarding pass window starts at 1:00. Anyhow, I've noticed lately that the afternoon Join button stays open for the rest of the day, not just for the first 10 seconds after the start of the hour like at the 7:00am offering. I'm trying to learn why it is like that. Are there less crowds right now due to less interest because of mechanical issues on ROTR? Is the extremely high Florida COVID rate keeping people away from the parks? I am considering a 7 day visit in October and ROTR is at the top of my list but I'd like to know what's going on.

waltography

Noon? The afternoon boarding pass window starts at 1:00. Anyhow, I've noticed lately that the afternoon Join button stays open for the rest of the day, not just for the first 10 seconds after the start of the hour like at the 7:00am offering. I'm trying to learn why it is like that. Are there less crowds right now due to less interest because of mechanical issues on ROTR? Is the extremely high Florida COVID rate keeping people away from the parks? I am considering a 7 day visit in October and ROTR is at the top of my list but I'd like to know what's going on.
Afternoon boarding groups drop at noon at Disneyland; park hopping starts at 1. I haven't heard of the BG trends at WDW but if that's the case, we can only speculate why. At least for me, I'm not going to Florida until well after COVID's on the back burner; I don't think regular guests are as aware of ROTR's mechanical issues, so I doubt it makes a difference in people's proclivity to go.

truecoat

ROTR.jpg

RoadiJeff

OK, I didn't notice the title to this thread. The website is WDW and I figured that the email alert I received a few minutes ago was for the FL attraction.

SSG

On my trip last week I had zero problems getting a boarding group for either Rise or Web Slingers. The groups would go fast in the mornings but were usually available for a couple minutes after noon.

Dapale

On my trip last week I had zero problems getting a boarding group for either Rise or Web Slingers. The groups would go fast in the mornings but were usually available for a couple minutes after noon.
Yep. Webslingers 7am drop is still available right now, and it’s already time for the 12pm one! So yeah, pretty low demand / attendance right now

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom