Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

DrAlice

Have boarding groups been any easier to obtain now that Web Slingers is open? I’d be curious to see if the window has been staying open for longer over the last week.
Over the 3 days that we were there, I tried 4 times and was successful twice: once in the am and once at noon. I don't know if that is better, the same, or worse than before. Sure doesn't feel better when you miss out. :p

Curious Constance

On our last day, I snagged boarding group 31 in the morning. We got to the park early and went straight to Galaxy's Edge. Apparently, Rise was having a tough time getting out of bed, because they weren't loading anybody. So, my husband and daughter rode Smuggler's Run while I enjoyed a Tatooine Sunrise. When they were off the ride, Rise was STILL down, so my daughter finished her Field Guide of Batuu. She had SO MUCH FUN with this. And I've got to give a big shout out to the cast members of GE. So many of them were eager to help her find creature tracks, listen to her talk their ears off, and answer all of her questions. They were really great with her and she will remember that morning forever. You rock. ❤️

Anyhoo.... Rise finally started boarding at about 11:30am. We got on just before noon (so no ability to snag a WebSlingers boarding group... oh well). We sat in the back this time and went the opposite direction as the first ride. We still loved every second of it. The plexiglass didn't bother us at all.

And yes, at the end of the night, my daughter became the proud adoptive parent of a Loth Cat. aka: Most. Expensive. Stuffed Animal. Ever. 🤣 🤷‍♀️ (It is quite cute. It kept randomly meowing and purring in the car on the drive home today.)
Sounds like you had a fun trip! I’m glad!! 😊Where do you get the Field guides at? My son is 13 but loved stuff like this when he was younger and sometimes he still loves it. Don’t tell him I said so, but he still gets excited for my Easter scavenger hunts hahaha

Last edited:

CaptinEO

On our last day, I snagged boarding group 31 in the morning. We got to the park early and went straight to Galaxy's Edge. Apparently, Rise was having a tough time getting out of bed, because they weren't loading anybody. So, my husband and daughter rode Smuggler's Run while I enjoyed a Tatooine Sunrise. When they were off the ride, Rise was STILL down, so my daughter finished her Field Guide of Batuu. She had SO MUCH FUN with this. And I've got to give a big shout out to the cast members of GE. So many of them were eager to help her find creature tracks, listen to her talk their ears off, and answer all of her questions. They were really great with her and she will remember that morning forever. You rock. ❤️

Anyhoo.... Rise finally started boarding at about 11:30am. We got on just before noon (so no ability to snag a WebSlingers boarding group... oh well). We sat in the back this time and went the opposite direction as the first ride. We still loved every second of it. The plexiglass didn't bother us at all.

And yes, at the end of the night, my daughter became the proud adoptive parent of a Loth Cat. aka: Most. Expensive. Stuffed Animal. Ever. 🤣 🤷‍♀️ (It is quite cute. It kept randomly meowing and purring in the car on the drive home today.)
That's so cute! Sounds like a very special time. What age is your daughter? I'm sure the loth cat made her day.

DrAlice

Sounds like you had a fun trip! I’m glad!! 😊Where do you get the Field guides at? My son is 13 but loved stuff like this when he was younger and sometimes he still loves it. Don’t tell him I said so, but he still gets excited for my Easter scavenger hunts hahaha
If it will make your son feel better, we found out about them because there were 2 college-aged men filling them out and we asked them where they got them. 🤣

There is a stand at the end of the marketplace area (by the big seat thing, near the bathrooms/water fountain) that isn't selling anything. It's right across from what looks like a stall displaying the Star Wars equivalent of chainsaw-made wooden sculptures. Anyway, there was a cast member there in the afternoons that will give them out (never saw anybody there in the morning, but maybe we were too early). If they aren't there, I'm betting you can ask whoever is working the creature shop about it. When you complete it, they will stamp each page and give you a badge. :)

DrAlice

That's so cute! Sounds like a very special time. What age is your daughter? I'm sure the loth cat made her day.
She's 9. Honestly, I had just as much fun as she did. :D

The funny thing is, I promised her that we would go back on the last night and buy souvenirs. She really wanted the loth cat, so we went to get it and then I saw the price and almost died. $50 for a plush cat seemed just ludicrous, but I had promised her... ugh... However, I didn't realize that it actually made noises and stuff. It growls (and gets angry eyebrows) when you pull its tail, will purr and meow if you pet it, and if you push it's front legs out, it opens its mouth and hisses (she likes to make it hiss at her dad... lol). And, like I said, it will randomly start meowing and purring. Is it worth $50? Probably not, but I felt better that it wasn't just a regular plush toy.

Curious Constance

The funny thing is, I promised her that we would go back on the last night and buy souvenirs. She really wanted the loth cat, so we went to get it and then I saw the price and almost died. $50 for a plush cat seemed just ludicrous, but I had promised her... ugh... However, I didn't realize that it actually made noises and stuff. It growls (and gets angry eyebrows) when you pull its tail, will purr and meow if you pet it, and if you push it's front legs out, it opens its mouth and hisses (she likes to make it hiss at her dad... lol). And, like I said, it will randomly start meowing and purring. Is it worth $50? Probably not, but I felt better that it wasn't just a regular plush toy.
My son got all A’s for the first time ever after an incredible school year of him actually paying attention and putting his best effort forward. I told him as a reward for all his hard work I’d buy him the Spider-bot thing since he was super excited about them. It already hurts to think about paying that much for that thing lol

CaptinEO

Thats really sweet! I'm sure she will always remember the trip. I havent seen the creature field guide since I went opening week for Galaxy's Edge. It sounds like she had a blast.

We got the "Bantha" which also makes funny sounds every once in a while (there is a switch to turn it off though). Do they still give you "cages" to take the creature home in?

That's so funny it hisses too!

Disney definitely has that pricing premium figured out.

No kids of our own yet but I love hearing stories like this.

DrAlice

Thats really sweet! I'm sure she will always remember the trip. I havent seen the creature field guide since I went opening week for Galaxy's Edge. It sounds like she had a blast.

We got the "Bantha" which also makes funny sounds every once in a while (there is a switch to turn it off though). Do they still give you "cages" to take the creature home in?

That's so funny it hisses too!

Disney definitely has that pricing premium figured out.

No kids of our own yet but I love hearing stories like this.
Yep, it has a cage. She was just as excited about that too. On the way home she was talking about how she was going to fix it up like its house. I'm not sure what that means... Guess I'll find out. Haha

DrAlice

My son got all A’s for the first time ever after an incredible school year of him actually paying attention and putting his best effort forward. I told him as a reward for all his hard work I’d buy him the Spider-bot thing since he was super excited about them. It already hurts to think about paying that much for that thing lol
That's awesome that he had a great school year! This year was so hard, so I'm happy to hear he was successful.

Yup, your wallet will not leave batuu unscathed. haha... At least I made sure to not step one toe into the droid factory. lol

CaptinEO

Yep, it has a cage. She was just as excited about that too. On the way home she was talking about how she was going to fix it up like its house. I'm not sure what that means... Guess I'll find out. Haha
That's so funny! She is going to make it a nice little home. Looking forward to what she comes up with.

Nland316

Probably answered earlier in this thread, but I’ll ask anyway…

If I have a park hopper ticket reservation starting at DCA is it wise to even attempt getting a boarding pass at 7am? Or is it my best bet to wait until the 12pm round? I don’t want to score a boarding pass and it not be anywhere near the 1pm park hopping time.

AJFireman

Probably answered earlier in this thread, but I’ll ask anyway…

If I have a park hopper ticket reservation starting at DCA is it wise to even attempt getting a boarding pass at 7am? Or is it my best bet to wait until the 12pm round? I don’t want to score a boarding pass and it not be anywhere near the 1pm park hopping time.
If your park ticket reservation starts at DCA the system will not allow you to obtain a BG for ROTR. It will only allow at the 12pm slot but you have to be checked into to DCA to get it .

DLR>WDW

Ugh, I’ll be at the parks for a couple days next week with a large group and have been tasked with boarding group acquisition (I’m currently 3 for 3) and it makes me so anxious. I’d rather wait 2-3 hours in a standby line than deal with this non-sense. Going to Disneyland shouldn’t be about worrying if you can win a lottery to ride the newest attraction, or to have to research and practice the best way to click the buttons on your phone at the precise second. It’s maddening. I literarily have alarms set at 10AM and 12PM today to test the ways to get a pass… it’s embarrassing.

Why were the standby queues for WEB and ROTR so underbuilt? ROTR was their most hyped attraction in decades, and yet it holds less than an hour of queue. I’ve literally never been screwed by the system (though nearly on opening day), gotten group #2 twice, and yet it still es me off.

Please Disney, open the standby queue. The ride seems very reliable as of recently and has a capacity of ~1,500+ guests per hour. What’s stopping you? If you want less guests to get in the line itself, just inflate the posted wait time. It’d save so much stress, anxiety, disappointmentand anger from your guests.

Okay, rant over. Let me know if I’m wrong on some of my points, as I very well may be haha.

Last edited:

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Ugh, I’ll be at the parks for a couple days next week with a large group and have been tasked with boarding group acquisition (I’m currently 3 for 3) and it makes me so anxious. I’d rather wait 2-3 hours in a standby line than deal with this non-sense. Going to Disneyland shouldn’t be about worrying if you can win a lottery to ride the newest attraction, or to have to research and practice the best way to click the buttons on your phone at the precise second. It’s maddening. I literarily have alarms set at 10AM and 12PM today to test the ways to get a pass… it’s embarrassing.

Why were the standby queues for WEB and ROTR so underbuilt? ROTR was their most hyped attraction in decades, and yet it holds less than an hour of queue. I’ve literally never been screwed by the system (though nearly on opening day), gotten group #2 twice, and yet it still ****es me off.

Please Disney, open the standby queue. The ride seems very reliable as of recently and has a capacity of ~1,500+ guests per hour. What’s stopping you? If you want less guests to get in the line itself, just inflate the posted wait time. It’d save so much stress, anxiety, disappointmentand anger from your guests.

Okay, rant over. Let me know if I’m wrong on some of my points, as I very well may be haha.
I completely agree that the lottery system is dumb, and it's worse when it's not just you but you have the burden of getting passes for a group of people.

I don't think the queue was underbuilt, I just think Disney thinks that it is a better guest experience to not have to wait in a long line. The reality is that they just transferred the bad guest experience from one medium to another. I really think it was due to the anticipation of the attraction's popularity and I think it wouldn't be 2-3 hours but more like 3-5 hours of wait time. However, I think that should be the guest's choice and not Disney's.

I think they should do both. Cut the reservation space in half or a quarter of what it is now (basically making it more of a Fastpass) and keep the standby line open for those who want to wait. So if you're lucky to get a boarding pass, great, but if you can't secure one you can choose to wait in line.

DLR>WDW

I completely agree that the lottery system is dumb, and it's worse when it's not just you but you have the burden of getting passes for a group of people.

I don't think the queue was underbuilt, I just think Disney thinks that it is a better guest experience to not have to wait in a long line. The reality is that they just transferred the bad guest experience from one medium to another. I really think it was due to the anticipation of the attraction's popularity and I think it wouldn't be 2-3 hours but more like 3-5 hours of wait time. However, I think that should be the guest's choice and not Disney's.

I think they should do both. Cut the reservation space in half or a quarter of what it is now (basically making it more of a Fastpass) and keep the standby line open for those who want to wait. So if you're lucky to get a boarding pass, great, but if you can't secure one you can choose to wait in line.

Great points. Perhaps they’ve done research about how long a line guests are willing to accept before it starts to become detrimental to their overall experience. With the lottery system it does remove some of that burden, along with easing stress on the operations teams, but at the same time screws over those who aren’t tech savvy or have the time to research like me. Hopefully they can find a middle ground in the future to satisfy all guests.

Also, I “practiced” getting a pass today at noon and both WEB and ROTR were surprisingly available for a reasonable amount of time. WEB, which seems to have a lower capacity, was available for around a minute, while ROTR was available for around three minutes. They‘re definitely distributing far more passes at the noon time slot.

Anyway, I’ll report back next weekend with how my luck went. Hopefully I don’t disappoint my group spending thousands to be there for the weekend. 🥲

DrAlice

That's so funny! She is going to make it a nice little home. Looking forward to what she comes up with.
I found it yesterday tucked cozily into a blanket. Next to its head was a cup and a plastic hamburger patty. By its feet was a plastic fish. I asked her if it preferred to eat beef or fish and she told me that the fish was just a chew toy. 🤣

DrAlice

Agreed. At least this way if you miss the ride it was because you chose not to stand in a giant line. The current system just makes you feel like Disney has denied you access. Of course, the ideal situation is that Disney builds rides and ride vehicles that can handle more guests per hour. (I agree with what others have said previously that the ride vehicles for ROTR should be bigger. I'll give Disney the benefit of the doubt that there must be some technical reason that they are not.)

CaptinEO

I found it yesterday tucked cozily into a blanket. Next to its head was a cup and a plastic hamburger patty. By its feet was a plastic fish. I asked her if it preferred to eat beef or fish and she told me that the fish was just a chew toy. 🤣
Oh my goodness thats adorable! Hahhaa thats the most darling thing I've heard. You definitely got your moneys worth!

I'm glad she's taking care of it and tending to its needs!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom