Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

mickEblu

That's a good sign. I'm wondering if I should not try to get the Spider-man boarding group and just go for the Rise one at noon when I go in a few weeks.

What if you get a early Spider-Man boarding group and ride before noon? I wonder if you would the be able to still try for a ROTR pass. All it says is that you can have two at the same time right? Either way, that’s probably a chance that’s not worth taking. Just go for the one you want to ride more. The only part I don’t like about that is you are cutting your chances of getting on either Spidey or ROTR in half by not trying at 7am for Spidey. Have you been on ROTR?

Have

Nirya

What if you get a early Spider-Man boarding group and ride before noon? I wonder if you would the be able to still try for a ROTR pass. All it says is that you can have two at the same time right? Either way, that’s probably a chance that’s not worth taking. Just go for the one you want to ride more. The only part I don’t like about that is you are cutting your chances of getting on either Spidey or ROTR in half by not trying at 7am for Spidey. Have you been on ROTR?

Have

I personally have been on RotR a few times (was able to go last January and February before the pandemic hit) but the people I'm going with have not done that. The last time one of them went to Disneyland was when I dragged him during that beautiful summer of 2019 when the park was empty as SW:GE had just opened and Disney convinced everyone not to come, while the other is my AP buddy but was never willing to wake up early enough for Rise Before Dawn. The new system at least makes it easier to grab, but I want to get them on one of the two new things if possible.

mickEblu

I personally have been on RotR a few times (was able to go last January and February before the pandemic hit) but the people I'm going with have not done that. The last time one of them went to Disneyland was when I dragged him during that beautiful summer of 2019 when the park was empty as SW:GE had just opened and Disney convinced everyone not to come, while the other is my AP buddy but was never willing to wake up early enough for Rise Before Dawn. The new system at least makes it easier to grab, but I want to get them on one of the two new things if possible.

Do the people you re going with care more about Star Wars or Spider-Man? No doubt ROTR is much more of an experience but you re down to one chance (to get them on Spidey or ROTR) instead of 2. If you re goal is to just get them on one of the two then you re better off trying for Spidey at 7am. I will say though it seems that people have had good luck getting a ROTR boarding pass at noon. With that said it would be for a late return time so hopefully you don’t have any late dinner plans or want to be at DCA in the evening. If it were me and there were no hardcore Star Wars fan in my group I’d go for Spidey and let the chips fall where they may. Who knows, maybe you strike out or maybe you get a really early boarding group for Spidey and can try for ROTR at noon.

AJFireman

What are the odds. Just as I order a Drink in DCA. I get notification both Virtual Queues get called.
Decisions Decisions.

Screenshot_20210601-144804_TextFree.jpg

mickEblu

Spidey ride throughs are up.

ROTR. Definitely try for ROTR

DavidDL

I wonder if anyone has any information or has been able to confirm if Rise of the Resistance boarding groups lasted a bit longer at 7am this morning because of the necessary choice between this and Spider-man? I'm strongly considering just going for Rise and ignoring Web Slingers when we go on June 19th.

milordsloth

I wonder if anyone has any information or has been able to confirm if Rise of the Resistance boarding groups lasted a bit longer at 7am this morning because of the necessary choice between this and Spider-man? I'm strongly considering just going for Rise and ignoring Web Slingers when we go on June 19th.
Wouldn't you only have an option for both at the Noon timeslot? I thought the 7am distribution was only for Rise if you start the day at DL and for Spider-man if you start at DCA.

DavidDL

Wouldn't you only have an option for both at the Noon timeslot? I thought the 7am distribution was only for Rise if you start the day at DL and for Spider-man if you start at DCA.

Is it? I honestly don't know. I was under the assumption that you were able to try for either ride at 7am as long as you had park tickets for that day. If so, that makes our decision making much easier because we're starting at Disneyland and will have to go Rise (which is fine).

waltography

Is it? I honestly don't know. I was under the assumption that you were able to try for either ride at 7am as long as you had park tickets for that day. If so, that makes our decision making much easier because we're starting at Disneyland and will have to go Rise (which is fine).
Yes; you're only eligible for Rise at 7am if you start at DL for the day. You can try for either ride at noon so long as you have park hoppers.

MagicWDI

Are you allowed to join more than one VQ at the same time? Life if I had one for Indy could I get another one for another attraction at noon?

AJFireman

Are you allowed to join more than one VQ at the same time? Life if I had one for Indy could I get another one for another attraction at noon?
Indy is separate and can be hold in conjunction with 1 Boarding Group. I am curious if Indy's Virtual Queue will mostly go away because on the 15th they can go back to indoor queuing.

You cannot hold a BG for Webslinger or ROTR at the same time. Your hope is you get an early BG for one and ride before noon. At noon then you can try for the other.

Last edited:

MagicWDI

Indy is separate and can be hold in conjunction with Boarding Group. I am curious if Indy's Virtual Queue will mostly go away because on the 15th they can go back to indoor queuing.

You cannot hold a BG for Webslinger or ROTR at the same time. Your hope is you get an early BG for one and ride before noon. At noon then you can try for the other.
That is what I was trying to plan on. Thanks for the answer. I'm hoping (fingers crossed) I can get in for RotR before noon and then try my hand at getting one for WS at noon.

I've yet to use this system so I'm worried if the boarding group for RotR isn't called before noon I can't get one for WS. But it sounds like that is the main risk.

milordsloth

Rise of the resistance was super fun this morning. We were on the ride just after 9. The only thing I noticed not working was the Finn animatronic. Overall fantastic experience.

For the boarding groups, my only tip is to have the app open and try to anticipate and time refreshing the page as it turns 7am, not waiting to see the clock hit 7 and then refresh. Crazy how much luck seems to play into it.... but somehow out of 3 times riding I've gotten the earliest group each time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom