Star Wars Land

doctornick

The difference though is that DAK is a far more cohesive park than DHS. The fixes at DAK are simply a quantity issue (quantity of attractions). At DHS it's a quantity and theming issue.

Adding a new land to DAK is much easier and far less disruptive to that park. Making changes to DHS are much tougher and they need to make the right decision the first time.

I really agree with this. DHS needs a "project sparkle" makeover to not only add new attractions but change the entire character and even layout of the park. It's just a mess, despite having some truly great attractions.

DAK currently is totally fine. It just needs more. They need to put stuff on the undeveloped plots of land and offer more activities to visitors. Thematically it is great and cohesive and the existing stuff doesn't need to be touched (except to accomodate future things, i.e. moving FOTLK).

doctornick

Exactly.

I would be far more supportive of a Carsland if there were different components. Yes, Universal is just as guilty when it comes to cloning (perhaps even more so), but they're still being aggressive.

We'll have to see the plans. I totally agree that a Cars Land that is somewhat different would be more favorable. The Tires ride seems to be off the table understandably and I would hope they would replace it with a different attraction (I'm fond of making Ramone's place a "paint and play" like the Goofy house in Tokyo).

tissandtully

We'll have to see the plans. I totally agree that a Cars Land that is somewhat different would be more favorable. The Tires ride seems to be off the table understandably and I would hope they would replace it with a different attraction (I'm fond of making Ramone's place a "paint and play" like the Goofy house in Tokyo).

Why understandably?

doctornick

Why understandably?

Luigi's Flying Tires has been pretty universally critisized. It's low capacity and hard to properly steer. I don't see it coming to WDW regardless of the desire to clone attractions. I think we'd be more likely to see a tire themed Teacups ride than LFT (note: I have no idea what is being considered).

Also, there was a rumor that the equipment to make the air for LFT is rather deep and wouldn't work in the swampland of WDW. I don't know if I believe that, but it could be another reason.

tissandtully

Luigi's Flying Tires has been pretty universally critisized. It's low capacity and hard to properly steer. I don't see it coming to WDW regardless of the desire to clone attractions. I think we'd be more likely to see a tire themed Teacups ride than LFT (note: I have no idea what is being considered).

Also, there was a rumor that the equipment to make the air for LFT is rather deep and wouldn't work in the swampland of WDW. I don't know if I believe that, but it could be another reason.

Ah, ok, thanks, was just wondering.

RSoxNo1

I don't disagree that CL maybe shouldn't be an exact clone. But truth is, both companies are going to take proven concepts and spread them out amongst all their parks. It's a no brainer.
That's the problem, it doesn't take any brains. They're decisions made by people that aren't creative. They're decisions made by people that see things in black and white.

RSoxNo1

Luigi's Flying Tires could work very well using a concept similar to Aquatopia on land.

The Empress Lilly

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs?

Leia now a Disney Princess?

Seven Dwarf Mine Coaster reference?
All of these!

Also, for the movie buffs out there, Seven Samurai is a cult 1954 black and white Japanese film by Akira Kurosawa. Star Wars drew much of its inspiration from it, is full of references to it, especially in the master stroke of telling the story from the perspective of the two peasants (the robots in SW). C-3PO's bewildered commentary often reads like a direct translation of the baffled Japanese peasants.

MattM

That's the problem, it doesn't take any brains. They're decisions made by people that aren't creative. They're decisions made by people that see things in black and white.

I don't necessarily agree with that. Is putting a space mountain in every MK style park non-creative? Or is it making sure each park have certain staples with the differences in the details? I kind of like, especially since they are all a tad different.

RSoxNo1

I don't necessarily agree with that. Is putting a space mountain in every MK style park non-creative? Or is it making sure each park have certain staples with the differences in the details? I kind of like, especially since they are all a tad different.
Why is it that Tokyo Disney Sea is considered the best Disney Park in the world? is it because they recently added Turtle Talk with Crush and Toy Story Mania or is it because it's original lineup of attractions was more unique than any park except the Animal Kingdom?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Why is it that Tokyo Disney Sea is considered the best Disney Park in the world? is it because they recently added Turtle Talk with Crush and Toy Story Mania or is it because it's original lineup of attractions was more unique than any park except the Animal Kingdom?
I'd assume the size, scope and detail from day one. Kind of like DLP had they included Mermaid and the original Indy I guess. And had a huge lake. And volcano. And steamship. And one side was the real ocean.

flavious27

Heard a rumor circulating DHS lately and gaining alot of steam. One of the main reasons to axe the parade was so the for mentioned star wars land to expand out towards the television parking lot. The Photopass trailers and parade building will then be torn down and the cast parking lot will be removed(cast members will be built a parking garage at espn and bussed over), also slated to be moved is the main entrance moving were the current bus drop of is , there for enabling the hat to be moved to the current entrance playing a part as soon as u walk in the park. also rumors of the entrance moving seems to gained more speed as it will be moved to the light by either pop or art. with all the land and trees being removed the old entrances with be torn out to replace the land that is lost. again these are just rumors but i can see this happening specially since WDI has purposed a 3 to 5 year reimagining of the park..

dhswithimprovements8.png

So someone saw my blue sky concept?

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/changes-and-improvemens-to-dhs.732141/

neoshinok

All of these!

Also, for the movie buffs out there, Seven Samurai is a cult 1954 black and white Japanese film by Akira Kurosawa. Star Wars drew much of its inspiration from it, is full of references to it, especially in the master stroke of telling the story from the perspective of the two peasants (the robots in SW). C-3PO's bewildered commentary often reads like a direct translation of the baffled Japanese peasants.

I think you're describing "The Hidden Fortress"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom