Star Wars Land

flavious27

I am guessing the perimeter road would be on the other side of the canal. That would still leave plenty of space though.

dhswithimprovements7.png

Yeah, push the park to the canal and use that space.

I know it's been said so many times before, but the Studios NEEDS a Star Wars land. It's such an easy idea that will make the park a must-do for families and bring in unimaginable merch sales.

A Star Wars land and a Pixar Place expansion is exactly what DHS needs. It would make the public forget about the boy wizard and likely hold their interest against whatever Uni has up its sleeve for the next decade (Jurassic Park expansion, etc).

jt04

I know it's been said so many times before, but the Studios NEEDS a Star Wars land. It's such an easy idea that will make the park a must-do for families and bring in unimaginable merch sales.

A Star Wars land and a Pixar Place expansion is exactly what DHS needs. It would make the public forget about the boy wizard and likely hold their interest against whatever Uni has up its sleeve for the next decade (Jurassic Park expansion, etc).

This.

JWG

With the recent purchace of Lucas Arts et. al. I can't imagine that Star Wars won't have an expanded presence in the parks. Before, all things Star Wars required the George Lucas seal of approval. We know how well the mouse plays with others... If they don't have to...

Tim_4

With the recent purchace of Lucas Arts et. al. I can't imagine that Star Wars won't have an expanded presence in the parks. Before, all things Star Wars required the George Lucas seal of approval. We know how well the mouse plays with others... If they don't have to...
It's not as easy as you would think. For example, TP&R still has to get special approval from Pixar before they can design costumes.

cheezbat

I don't get why Disney doesn't try to pack Epcot Studios and Animal Kingdom with rides and attractions...if it had almost as much as the Magic kingdom it's almost a given that the other parks attendance would jump and more money would be made for the resort. It's like they can't grasp spending more on quality attractions will increase the money going into their pockets.

Kirk88

Absolutely. The irony is that both parks have solid headliners, but really need a bunch of filler B-, C-, and D-tickets to increase capacity more than anything.

Totally agree! DHS can get away with 'character themed' rides and attractions (I'd like to see TRON, John Carter, Monsters Inc., etc.). Afterall, that's what the park was themed for...movies! 4 or 5 high capacity rides would do wonders for foot traffic flow in DHS. EPCOT needs more orignal rides & attractions. While I think a Phineas & Ferb meets Dreamfinder & Figment upgrade to Imagination would be awesome, EPCOT does not need more character based attractions.

GrumpyFan

Totally agree! DHS can get away with 'character themed' rides and attractions (I'd like to see TRON, John Carter, Monsters Inc., etc.). Afterall, that's what the park was themed for...movies! 4 or 5 high capacity rides would do wonders for foot traffic flow in DHS. EPCOT needs more orignal rides & attractions. While I think a Phineas & Ferb meets Dreamfinder & Figment upgrade to Imagination would be awesome, EPCOT does not need more character based attractions.

I too would like to see more movie themed attractions as you pointed out. Speaking of which, I've never understood why Disney doesn't use their synergy for movies more by pulling in props, actors, producers, etc from their latest movies and put them on display at DHS. It just seems to me that it would be an easy enough thing for TDO/WDI to get together with the marketing folks for upcoming movies and snag some behind the scenes footage or sneak previews and put them in DHS. It just seems like something that would be a big, easy win for both to me.

doctornick

I too would like to see more movie themed attractions as you pointed out. Speaking of which, I've never understood why Disney doesn't use their synergy for movies more by pulling in props, actors, producers, etc from their latest movies and put them on display at DHS. It just seems to me that it would be an easy enough thing for TDO/WDI to get together with the marketing folks for upcoming movies and snag some behind the scenes footage or sneak previews and put them in DHS. It just seems like something that would be a big, easy win for both to me.

This reminds me that I have thought that one easy thing that they could do for Pixar Place is to have a "history of Pixar" type walk through with a small theater at the end that loops Pixar shorts and/or a "coming attraction" preview.

GrumpyFan

This reminds me that I have thought that one easy thing that they could do for Pixar Place is to have a "history of Pixar" type walk through with a small theater at the end that loops Pixar shorts and/or a "coming attraction" preview.

Not a bad idea, but I think it's too soon. They're still young and growing. Perhaps when they hit 20 or so.

twebber55

let mw first say im all for a star wars land but why would they build a star wars land based on the old movies with the new movies coming out...seems to me they would wait to begin new star wars construction after 2015

djlaosc

Not a bad idea, but I think it's too soon. They're still young and growing. Perhaps when they hit 20 or so.

Did you mean as a feature film studio? Or 20 films?

(all dates from Wikipedia)

Pixar is already 34 years old as "Graphics Group of Lucasfilm Computer Division" (1979), 27 years old as an animation studio (1986), and 18 years for feature films (1995, although the agreement to make Toy Story was signed in 1991, so it was planned 22 years ago).

GrumpyFan

Did you mean as a feature film studio? Or 20 films?

(all dates from Wikipedia)

Pixar is already 34 years old as "Graphics Group of Lucasfilm Computer Division" (1979), 27 years old as an animation studio (1986), and 18 years for feature films (1995, although the agreement to make Toy Story was signed in 1991, so it was planned 22 years ago).

I meant years. So, shame on me for not knowing that they were that old. However, it just doesn't seem like they're that old. Maybe they're due, but I would rather see a history of animation from pencil to pixel kind of expose history devoted to Disney and Pixar, not just Pixar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom