Star Wars Land

lebeau

Yeah. Big Hero 6 and Guardians of the Galaxy (Thanos and some other villains not withstanding) are the two I think Disney could get into their parks without too much legal trouble. Not that the will build anything mind you, but the door is open at least for those two character groups. Big Hero 6 doesn't do much for me though. Will be curious about the movie.

You can forget about Guardians of the Galaxy. Too closely tied to the Avengers family.

Just scanning the roster of Big Hero 6 I see a lot of X-characters. Sorry.

SirLink

Yeah. Big Hero 6 and Guardians of the Galaxy (Thanos and some other villains not withstanding) are the two I think Disney could get into their parks without too much legal trouble. Not that the will build anything mind you, but the door is open at least for those two character groups. Big Hero 6 doesn't do much for me though. Will be curious about the movie.

Can't use Guardians as they were deputized at one point as Avengers same with Big Hero 6 for one of the end of universe summer crossover events.

bubbles1812

You can forget about Guardians of the Galaxy. Too closely tied to the Avengers family.

Haha. I didnt know that. Somewhat well versed in the Marvel Universe, but it is a large one after all ;). But don't worry, I'm not upset... More amused than anything. Love that iron clad Universal contract.

BoarderPhreak

I agree in principle but DAK needs it worse than Studios. DHS can at least pretend to be a full day park, especially for those who have never seen the shows. DAK has no such pretentions.
I do not disagree. HS has more going on, generally, than AK. Though as I've said before, I don't see going back to either until major things happen.

the.dreamfinder

Not neccesarily, Disney/Marvel made a deal with Fox for two X-Men characters to potentially appear in MCU.
Detailed below.
http://www.slashfilm.com/joss-whedo...ers-2-plus-new-phase-2-photos-and-iron-man-4/
Either Joss Whedon is messing with us or he just let a huge piece of Avengers 2information slip. The writer/director was at the premiere of Iron Man 3 in Hollywood Wednesday and was asked for an update on the highly anticipated 2015 sequel:
I have actually finished a draft and I’m redoing it now. I think it’s in really good shape. We’re in a very good place…I’ve been writing and meeting with actors and we’re starting to storyboard, all the preliminary processes. This is the part where it’s all still fun.
Sounds like the film is well on its way. But here’s the even more revealing quote. Whedon was asked about the process and slipped this little gem in:
I’ve got these two characters, two of my favorite characters from the comic book, a brother-sister act. They’re in the movie.

Most sites are surmising the brother sister duo in question would be Quicksilver and theScarlet Witch. However, Marvel doesn’t own those characters outright. They co-own them with Fox. Speaking to Superhero Hype a few years back, Marvel President Kevin Feige explained Marvel could use the characters in an Avengers sequel as long as they don’t “discuss or reference their mutant or Magneto-related lineage.” Also of note is Whedon’squote from last year that he wanted more female characters in The Avengers 2. Scarlet Witch would obviously fit that bill. So while this seems like a cruel tease, maybe Whedon legitimately slipped.

Tim_4

Not neccesarily, Disney/Marvel made a deal with Fox for two X-Men characters to potentially appear in MCU.
Detailed below.
I meant parks, not MCU. Regardless, Scarlett Witch would be a ridiculous choice for MCU. Her father is Magneto. Though she did kick off the Avengers Disassembled story arc which led to everything in Earth-616 pretty much from 2004 through Siege in 2010.

the.dreamfinder

I meant parks, not MCU. Regardless, Scarlett Witch would be a ridiculous choice for MCU. Her father is Magneto. Though she did kick off the Avengers Disassembled story arc which led to everything in Earth-616 pretty much from 2004 through Siege in 2010.

Big Hero 6 was originally issued in 1998, that seems awfully close to the UNI-Marvel deal.

I thought the conversation had shifted from Parks to MCU.

Bparso87

Its funny that article states "Marvel doesn't own them" well they do it is just a licensing deal from hell.
It is a very grey area with these two. They are not owned by either team so they are fair game. What I heard was is they can not tell there orgin story. Which if you know they are the children of magneto. I don't know how they will get them in the movie without explain there powers r how they got them.

Tim_4

It is a very grey area with these two. They are not owned by either team so they are fair game. What I heard was is they can not tell there orgin story. Which if you know they are the children of magneto. I don't know how they will get them in the movie without explain there powers r how they got them.
Yeah I mean they're mutants. My understanding is that even mentioning mutants in the MCU is forbidden.

Bparso87

Yeah I mean they're mutants. My understanding is that even mentioning mutants in the MCU is forbidden.
I believe they can from what read but can not state there orgin and if they don't do that they would not even have to say that they are mutants anyways. I don't like the fact that they will be in it. I like them as characters but don't see how they fit in avengers right now. I am concerned with phase two after iron man 3 and these characters being in 2.

71jason

I like them as characters but don't see how they fit in avengers right now.

Thor/Iron Man/Hulk take care of things in space, while an homage to "Cap's Kooky Quartet"--Cap, Hawkeye, Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch--handle the threat on an Earth-bound level. Maybe throw in AntMan. Vintage Avengers, really, a natural progression that in its own way mirrors the comics (just like having Loki be the villain in the first movie).

Tim_4

Thor/Iron Man/Hulk take care of things in space, while an homage to "Cap's Kooky Quartet"--Cap, Hawkeye, Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch--handle the threat on an Earth-bound level. Maybe throw in AntMan. Vintage Avengers, really, a natural progression that in its own way mirrors the comics (just like having Loki be the villain in the first movie).
I'm not sure Scarlett Witch's power to alter reality would play well in the MCU. Thor is really the only one with true super powers. Everyone else's powers can be explained with faux- science. Scarlett Witch might be too "out there."

Bparso87

I just think there are better characters original avengers that should be there before them to. Antman, wasp, black panther ect. No where do I put them as avengers even though they have been apart of the team. I would not mind Scarlett witch but quicksilver it is two characters that could be used for better characters.

jt04

So today you believe the insiders? :p

Our insiders have only mentioned, as far as I can tell, that any new SW attraction will be based on the new films. When and if that happens is anyones guess, but for sure, the Asia parks will be first in line to get them.

As for Pandora, I think the * next to it being on life support was that Iger wasn't going to see this thing die as long as he was in charge as it's been so publicly attached to his name. And if any Star Wars land is treated like Pandora, where three attractions dissolve piece by piece to one, I don't want to see a SW land until there is a real honest to God house cleaning of TDO.

If our insiders ever need a press spokesman I nominate you as you have every talking point down cold.

PS I do believe our insiders ..... when they are right. Steve is always right. Just sayin'.

SirLink

They are owned my Marvel that is how they can create comic books in the first place - it is simply a licensing deal before Marvel set up Marvel Films and MCU. There are clauses in place that if they start destroying the characters and universe they can get could make steps to get them back. The deal is about as black and white, when the stories go off white they can makes steps to get them back. Very similar to deal Disney just signed with EA - the only way they can get those characters back for Star Wars for PC/Handheld/Home Console characters is based on critical and monetary based.

RSoxNo1

@RSoxNo1 I think a Carsland would have a bigger impact at DHS than you think.
You're entitled to that opinion. It's shared by many people at Disney. However, it's not a "new" concept it's a "proven" concept. There are certainly benefits to adding proven concepts to parks. If nothing else changed and Carsland opened at DHS tomorrow, I think it's reasonable to say that it would become the #2 park in attendance behind MK. However, they're not opening it tomorrow, next year, or the year after. It would have a 2-3 year build time at minimum, and by that time it's California counterpart will be 4-5 years old, and Universal will have likely opened at the very least three new E-ticket attractions between now and then. Admittedly, one of them is also a clone but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

My beef with Carsland in DHS is that it doesn't fix that park. It would not be a bad addition at all, but it doesn't fix a park that's in dire need of fixing.

RSoxNo1

A Star Wars land is great but the opening dates seem very unrealistic...It has taken them 3 years to build the 7 Dwarves Mine Train... At that glacial pace ow many years would it take to do a complete land with attractions...5 or more? so we are looking at 2018 or later?
It depends on what approach is taken - If you're building rockwork it takes a lot longer then putting things in the Sound Dangerous/American Idol buildings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom