Star Wars Land

RSoxNo1

I agree in principle but DAK needs it worse than Studios. DHS can at least pretend to be a full day park, especially for those who have never seen the shows. DAK has no such pretentions.
The difference though is that DAK is a far more cohesive park than DHS. The fixes at DAK are simply a quantity issue (quantity of attractions). At DHS it's a quantity and theming issue.

Adding a new land to DAK is much easier and far less disruptive to that park. Making changes to DHS are much tougher and they need to make the right decision the first time.

wdwfan4ver

My beef with Carsland in DHS is that it doesn't fix that park. It would not be a bad addition at all, but it doesn't fix a park that's in dire need of fixing.
I don't know about Carsland not fixing the park because it would fix a part of the park.

I saying that because of the Backlot Tour needed to be replaced by something for a while. Carsland being where Backlot Tour was actually would fix that area of the park. You and I know the Backlot Tour has been a joke for a long time since they shorten it and is one of the things that screwed up the theme of the park.

The Backlot Tour theme is one of a working Studio and DHS hasn't been used as a working studios since the 1990's back when it was Disney MGM Studios.

misterID

You're entitled to that opinion. It's shared by many people at Disney. However, it's not a "new" concept it's a "proven" concept. There are certainly benefits to adding proven concepts to parks. If nothing else changed and Carsland opened at DHS tomorrow, I think it's reasonable to say that it would become the #2 park in attendance behind MK. However, they're not opening it tomorrow, next year, or the year after. It would have a 2-3 year build time at minimum, and by that time it's California counterpart will be 4-5 years old, and Universal will have likely opened at the very least three new E-ticket attractions between now and then. Admittedly, one of them is also a clone but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

My beef with Carsland in DHS is that it doesn't fix that park. It would not be a bad addition at all, but it doesn't fix a park that's in dire need of fixing.

Oh, I agree it doesn't fix the park. The park needs more than one single attraction, no matter how awesome. It needs more family friendly dark rides. If they decide to build a SW attraction, how far away would that be?

I think an INDY and Monsters INC. ride would need to come with RSR, just for the park's dynamics.

RSoxNo1

I don't know about Carsland not fixing the park because it would fix a part of the park.

I saying that because of the Backlot Tour needed to be replaced by something for a while. Carsland being where Backlot Tour was actually would fix that area of the park. You and I know the Backlot Tour has been a joke for a long time since they shorten it and is one of the things that screwed up the theme of the park.

The Backlot Tour theme is one of a working Studio and DHS hasn't been used as a working studios since the 1990's back when it was Disney MGM Studios.
I agree with that it will be a substantial improvement over what's there currently. But considering what it would cost to build ($500-$600 million) I feel that a Star Wars Land will have a much greater impact. Additionally, if you build Cars Land that becomes the new anchor of that park, and substantially limits future expansion (especially Pixar expansion) on the current park footprint.

So with all that in mind, Cars Land would not be the worst thing for that park. It just wouldn't be the best in my opinion.

MattM

You're entitled to that opinion. It's shared by many people at Disney. However, it's not a "new" concept it's a "proven" concept. There are certainly benefits to adding proven concepts to parks. If nothing else changed and Carsland opened at DHS tomorrow, I think it's reasonable to say that it would become the #2 park in attendance behind MK. However, they're not opening it tomorrow, next year, or the year after. It would have a 2-3 year build time at minimum, and by that time it's California counterpart will be 4-5 years old, and Universal will have likely opened at the very least three new E-ticket attractions between now and then. Admittedly, one of them is also a clone but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Kind of like potter world at in Hollywood?

Patsfan28

Here is what I was told yesterday

Cantina - 2015
Leia and the Seven Tie Fighter coaster - 2016
Millenium Falcon walkthrough, like the 20k submarine walkthrough of DLP - 2017?
Indy Stunt Show to be moved, maybe to the area behind LMA, maybe to share theater with the new FoTLK in DAK - 2018

MattM

Exactly.

I would be far more supportive of a Carsland if there were different components. Yes, Universal is just as guilty when it comes to cloning (perhaps even more so), but they're still being aggressive.

I don't disagree that CL maybe shouldn't be an exact clone. But truth is, both companies are going to take proven concepts and spread them out amongst all their parks. It's a no brainer.

Funmeister

But it is basically taking a proven theme and rebuilding it another park, no?

I see your point but at the same time Tokyo Disneyland is a "clone" of WDW's Magic Kingdom yet I feel ashamed to mention the two in the same sentence. The same? Yes...but different. I think that is a great example of how things can be cloned but different at the same time.

MattM

I see your point but at the same time Tokyo Disneyland is a "clone" of WDW's Magic Kingdom yet I feel ashamed to mention the two in the same sentence. The same? Yes...but different. I think that is a great example of how things can be cloned but different at the same time.

Agreed, but in this case I'm more talking about a ride/land as opposed to a whole park.

djlaosc

Comedy aside, what does that even mean? Is there some obscure "Seven Tie Fighter" reference in the extended Star Wars canon I'm not familiar with?

This may as well be "Salacious Crumb and the Nine T-16 Hoedown".

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs?

Leia now a Disney Princess?

Seven Dwarf Mine Coaster reference?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom