Star Wars Land

jt04

It's pretty disingenuous for those two articles to say that Iger was hinting about a SW stand alone park when he obviously wasn't. And we're not going to see one here if it does.

And we did have Potter swatters lined up.

The MI/Beastly Kingdom attraction at AK. Monsters INC coaster at DHS. New Imagination at EPCOT. And the brand spanking new refurbed SM at MK. TDO said no. I don't see any planned Potter Swatter happening with this group of clowns still running things. They are content with WDW and their bonuses as is.

@RSoxNo1 I think a Carsland would have a bigger impact at DHS than you think.

We could possibly see DLR surpass MK and UNI/IOA surpass EPCOT very soon. What will they say to justify that?

I think you are being a bit cynical since our insiders seem to think otherwise even as it concerns Pandora now. The pots are percolating. But I agree, a Star Wars theme park (5th gate or 3rd gate) is highly unlikely.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
And the relentless sarcasm continues, and only about 2 of the comments are funny. this is why we can't have nice things.

The relative to an imagineers gardner's nephew's former college roommate stuff was never funny.
I think if one would like serious discussion on Star Wars in the parks, one could find one of the 17 other threads on the topic and go to town. I'm fairly certain the snark here is in reaction to yet another unsubstantiated rumor with no real news.

bhg469

I think if one would like serious discussion on Star Wars in the parks, one could find one of the 17 other threads on the topic and go to town. I'm fairly certain the snark here is in reaction to yet another unsubstantiated rumor with no real news.
I agree but the snark is on loop and its just awful. I love a good joke, especially at others stupidity but this is a whole other level of bad.

The cashier at Target told me 3 more parks are on the way.
I rest my case.

We all know a star wars 5th gate or a huge section of a park is probably not happening, it would probably be the biggest draw in disney history but they are happy with mediocre.

Bocabear

A Star Wars land is great but the opening dates seem very unrealistic...It has taken them 3 years to build the 7 Dwarves Mine Train... At that glacial pace ow many years would it take to do a complete land with attractions...5 or more? so we are looking at 2018 or later?

misterID

I think you are being a bit cynical since our insiders seem to think otherwise even as it concerns Pandora now. The pots are percolating. But I agree, a Star Wars theme park (5th gate or 3rd gate) is highly unlikely.
So today you believe the insiders? :p

Our insiders have only mentioned, as far as I can tell, that any new SW attraction will be based on the new films. When and if that happens is anyones guess, but for sure, the Asia parks will be first in line to get them.

As for Pandora, I think the * next to it being on life support was that Iger wasn't going to see this thing die as long as he was in charge as it's been so publicly attached to his name. And if any Star Wars land is treated like Pandora, where three attractions dissolve piece by piece to one, I don't want to see a SW land until there is a real honest to God house cleaning of TDO.

lebeau

True story.

A couple of weeks ago my mom told me she heard on the radio that Star Wars was coming to Disney World in 2015. I was shocked, but she seemed so certain of it that I had to hop online and verify what she heard. I'm not sure if the DJ was full of it or mom just misunderstood. But there's a lot of misinfo out there right now. Thankfully I was able to restrain myself from jumping on here and posting "My mom heard from a local DJ that Star Wars was coming to WDW."

It may be the News and Rumors section, but you should still make some effort to verify your rumors before you post them. Or at least do a search to see if we have been discussing those rumors for years now.

BoarderPhreak

I've been saying for quite a while now that a Star Wars Land would be epic, more popular, have more staying power long term and be cheaper for Disney re:licensing - especially compared to Avatar Land. Honestly, I wish they'd just forget about Avatar Land. It's already old news and they haven't dropped one brick into place yet.

If there's a will and a way (and a budget!) - they can knock out Star Wars Land fast. HS already has lots of areas where they can drop stuff rapidly. It's not like AK where land has to be cleared first, and not like MK where access is (very) limited.

Tim_4

I've been saying for quite a while now that a Star Wars Land would be epic, more popular, have more staying power long term and be cheaper for Disney re:licensing - especially compared to Avatar Land. Honestly, I wish they'd just forget about Avatar Land. It's already old news and they haven't dropped one brick into place yet.

If there's a will and a way (and a budget!) - they can knock out Star Wars Land fast. HS already has lots of areas where they can drop stuff rapidly. It's not like AK where land has to be cleared first, and not like MK where access is (very) limited.
I agree in principle but DAK needs it worse than Studios. DHS can at least pretend to be a full day park, especially for those who have never seen the shows. DAK has no such pretentions.

Magenta Panther

I agree in principle but DAK needs it worse than Studios. DHS can at least pretend to be a full day park, especially for those who have never seen the shows. DAK has no such pretentions.

Disney needs to forget both a Star Wars Land and an Avatar attraction and just build a Pride Lands attraction instead IMO.

bubbles1812

They're not Avengers either, nor are they in use at Universal Studios.
Yeah. Big Hero 6 and Guardians of the Galaxy (Thanos and some other villains not withstanding) are the two I think Disney could get into their parks without too much legal trouble. Not that the will build anything mind you, but the door is open at least for those two character groups. Big Hero 6 doesn't do much for me though. Will be curious about the movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom