Star Wars Land

RSoxNo1

In the wake of the concept art released today for Harry Potter 2.0, I never have felt stronger that Carsland is not the answer for Disney. Carsland will help but a Carsland opening in 2016 will be too little too late for DHS. Carsland should be the DHS equivalent of Transformers, a solid addition but not the Game Changer for that park. I'd be more than happy to see RSR, Flo's V8, and a shop instead of a full Carsland if it also means a Star Wars expansion.

twebber55

In the wake of the concept art released today for Harry Potter 2.0, I never have felt stronger that Carsland is not the answer for Disney. Carsland will help but a Carsland opening in 2016 will be too little too late for DHS. Carsland should be the DHS equivalent of Transformers, a solid addition but not the Game Changer for that park. I'd be more than happy to see RSR, Flo's V8, and a shop instead of a full Carsland if it also means a Star Wars expansion.
there is no answer for potter..it will be huge ( i will be there) im banking on disney doing multiple rides and lands over the next 5 years to be their best answer

RSoxNo1

there is no answer for potter..it will be huge ( i will be there) im banking on disney doing multiple rides and lands over the next 5 years to be their best answer
Well, let's look at the strongest Disney rumors right now and the time frames:
2014: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Festival of Fantasy
2015: Captain EO replacement
2016: Carsland, Wishes replacement
2017: Avatar

Phase 2 of Potter is opening in 2014 which means that unless something is fast tracked, 2015 could see Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure being the #2 and #3 parks in Central Florida attendance (Right @Jimmy Thick?).

Carsland and Avatar may be enough to change that because Universal will still be coming up from a point well below Epcot, DHS and DAK attendance. It's unreasonable to expect a 50% attendance boost at DHS for Carsland, but I think growth is still realistic.

This brings it to a Star Wars land, assuming a Mos Eisley Cantina and a true E-ticket ride, I think that especially when combined with additional Pixar content should keep DHS ahead of the Universal parks.

For Animal Kingdom, I've said it before and I'll say it again - Pandas will be a significant attendance boost. While I'd like to see more rides than just Avatar, as well as repairs to Dinosaur and Expedition Everest, a two pronged approach of Avatar and Pandas could position that park ahead of the Universal parks by 2017.

For Epcot, at least one Future World pavilion needs to be upgraded (Imagination or Energy) and upgrades to existing attractions like Soarin' and Maelstrom would also help. The thing with Epcot though is that World Showcase is a mile long food court, and the special events really help the attendance in that park.

doctornick

It would be nice if they could get something in the 2015 timeframe. I'd like to think the Monsters Inc door coaster could be build by they since the building is already there -- if that was being pursued. Or something like a mini Star Wars area with Mos Eisley Cantina and an indoor Jedi Training Academy. Those are things that could be built in 2 years and give DHS (and WDW in general) something to promote.

twebber55

Phase 2 of Potter is opening in 2014 which means that unless something is fast tracked, 2015 could see Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure being the #2 and #3 parks in Central Florida attendance (Right @Jimmy Thick?).

Carsland and Avatar may be enough to change that because Universal will still be coming up from a point well below Epcot, DHS and DAK attendance. It's unreasonable to expect a 50% attendance boost at DHS for Carsland, but I think growth is still realistic.

This brings it to a Star Wars land, assuming a Mos Eisley Cantina and a true E-ticket ride, I think that especially when combined with additional Pixar content should keep DHS ahead of the Universal parks.

For Animal Kingdom, I've said it before and I'll say it again - Pandas will be a significant attendance boost. While I'd like to see more rides than just Avatar, as well as repairs to Dinosaur and Expedition Everest, a two pronged approach of Avatar and Pandas could position that park ahead of the Universal parks by 2017.

For Epcot, at least one Future World pavilion needs to be upgraded (Imagination or Energy) and upgrades to existing attractions like Soarin' and Maelstrom would also help. The thing with Epcot though is that World Showcase is a mile long food court, and the special events really help the attendance in that park.
which is kind of what i was saying except you said it far better than i did

jt04

I still think Star Wars lends itself perfectly to a boutique park type concept. Limited number of guests and high-end price points.

In my thinking, I could see a configuration like Universal is doing with Potter. If you bought the boutique park experience for Star Wars at WDW it would include the day at DHS. In this scenario the boutique park would be immersively (sp?) connected to the studios similar to potter. Let those of you with imaginations fill in the rest.

misterID

It's pretty disingenuous for those two articles to say that Iger was hinting about a SW stand alone park when he obviously wasn't. And we're not going to see one here if it does.

And we did have Potter swatters lined up.

The MI/Beastly Kingdom attraction at AK. Monsters INC coaster at DHS. New Imagination at EPCOT. And the brand spanking new refurbed SM at MK. TDO said no. I don't see any planned Potter Swatter happening with this group of clowns still running things. They are content with WDW and their bonuses as is.

@RSoxNo1 I think a Carsland would have a bigger impact at DHS than you think.

We could possibly see DLR surpass MK and UNI/IOA surpass EPCOT very soon. What will they say to justify that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom