Star Wars Land

WDWFREAK53

I wish people would stop dissing the SW prequels! Okay, Phantom Menace is probably the worst of all six, but Revenge of the Sith is the second or third best of all six!

While I liked Revenge of the Sith more than Return of the Jedi, it doesn't hold a candle to Episode 4 or 5. It would probably be higher on my list if Hayden Christiansen wasn't a complete buffoon with his delivery. He took me out of Episodes 2 and 3 because of how bad he was as an actor.

My rankings go as follows:

5-4-3-6-2-1

Since1976

While I liked Revenge of the Sith more than Return of the Jedi, it doesn't hold a candle to Episode 4 or 5. It would probably be higher on my list if Hayden Christiansen wasn't a complete buffoon with his delivery. He took me out of Episodes 2 and 3 because of how bad he was as an actor.

My rankings go as follows:

5-4-3-6-2-1

I actually recommend people watch the movies for the first time in a similar order:

4-5-3-6

1 and 2 are optional "extra-credit".

By the by, how's this for thread drift?

SirLink

I think there's no doubt that Imagineering can come up with some amazing stuff...the problem is getting TDO to invest in it. Nice teasers, and here's hoping someday, maybe, there'll be something that comes from all of this...

I think you mean Burbank ... hence why Burbank forced TDO to do Star Tours refurb and FLE

SJN1279

The rumor is that Star Wars Episode 7 has been delayed until December 2015. I wonder if that is part of the reason that announcement of a Star Wars Land had been delayed at D23. Maybe we can look for Phase 1 of Star Wars Land at DHS to open in time for Episode 7 on December 2015?

Thessair

The rumor is that Star Wars Episode 7 has been delayed until December 2015. I wonder if that is part of the reason that announcement of a Star Wars Land had been delayed at D23. Maybe we can look for Phase 1 of Star Wars Land at DHS to open in time for Episode 7 on December 2015?

Isn't the info going around that SW project was so fast tracked after the acquisition that they had no plans to unveil?

Pixie VaVoom

Ok guys - let's think about all of this. The 'Powers that Be' who have the control to plan our 'Disney' are really behaving no differently than the rest of the business world. The American market is tapped out!! We are in a recession and our expendable income is limited!! There is money to be made overseas!! And the Corporations WANT IT!!! So they abandon all loyalty to the customer base that BUILT THEM !!

So what does the "Powers" at Disney do?? Same thing...Paris get's new rides...Singapore gets new rides, They have even looked at Disney Dubai - if rumors are to be believed. But we in America don't even get COPIES of their E-Ticket Rides. We get new meet'n'greets, and new eateries, new stores...anything that racks them up more of our money at very little expense.

it is time to show them that we are wise to their tactics. We NEED a quality Star Wars World!!

Send letters, the kind that takes actual paid employee time to open. Let the Disney officials know what you want. I guarantee they would take note if they had to tie up an employees entire day to open actual letters from ticket holding, mouse ear wearers, especially you AP holders. Your loyalty should not be discounted. We love Disney, but they are NOT doing right by the people that made then Great!! Vote with your time and your dollars. Let Disney Corporate KNOW that you will be spending your next vacation at Universal or at Cedar Point. Let them KNOW that you expect more from them, and that is why you are willing to pay for Premium priced Disney experiences!!

Last edited by a moderator:

AEfx

HA!

In a little over two years from now?

The rate at which Disney builds, we could possibly have a Star Wars themed food cart selling "Star Wars Bars" by then. Essentially Mickey Bars with the ears cut off so it's a big circle like the Death Star, with some candy/nuts in a few key places to make it remotely resemble the space station, in that short of a time frame that's about all it seems they are capable of accomplishing. It originally would be planned to have an Animatroic R2 and C3PO standing on the side to beckon guests and make quips while you wait and interact with guests, but they would be deemed too costly and we'd end up with a non-moving plaster statue of Jar Jar holding one of the bars saying with a repeating, "Mesa like cold treat!" out of a speaker behind him.

All joking aside (well, not really joking above, LOL), they would never hold up the film for something like a theme park attraction. These films have a potential to be BIG MONEY...like, make more profit in the opening weekend than DHS makes all year. Presumably, they realized "oh crap, we are two years out and don't even have a full script yet, and this is going to be one of the most tech-heavy and complex films ever made". They really can't back out on 2015 now, too much is riding on it - so they pushed it back as far as they could without losing face.

Rose&Crowner

If no one minds my asking, what year were all of you Star Wars fans born?

I am just wondering because I'm thinking how popular Star Wars really is and if it really warrants a whole new land expansion (in addition to the existing ride we already have). Being born in the 90s, I really have not had any interest in Star Wars. Same with other people my age. Most of us think as the film as being cheesy.

Now I know there is a fanbase for Star Wars (there is for everything) but I did not think it was that big. Big enough that it would be popular with theme park goers. From the inside of the Star Wars fandom it may seem like Star Wars is super popular but from the outside looking in it appears that Star Wars is just a past cultural icon.

Would adding the whole land be overkill in reality and bring in as many people as they think? I know a new film is coming out and I'm sure Disney would not greenlight the project until after the film is released to see how popular it is. However, would it be overkill to add a whole new land when we already have a ride based on the series?
Born in 78, my daughter is 2 & 1/2 and asks for Jawas and Threepio daily.
d30c3b44fd7fe18226615362c9dc66a2.jpg

The Empress Lilly

Ok guys - let's think about all of this. The 'Powers that Be' who have the control to plan our 'Disney' are really behaving no differently than the rest of the business world. The American market is tapped out!! We are in a recession and our expendable income is limited!! There is money to be made overseas!! And the Corporations WANT IT!!! So they abandon all loyalty to the customer base that BUILT THEM !!

So what does McDonalds Corp do??? McDonalds and Pizza Hut in the Arab world and Japan have world class and gourmet specialty cuisine. We in America get to settle for a booger picking semi-literate in a paper hat, who shoves an often cold assembly-line burger, or cardboard crust pizza at us.
All peoples get the theme parks and restaurants and politicians they deserve.

Americans consume sixty-five pounds of food each day, so their Disney parks consist of a strip of restaurants with fake junkfood with food carts in front of them for those who can't make it all the way to inside without a snack.

The French consider food a form of art, so their theme park (!) restaurants look like this, a pile of fruits and vegetables so healthy that the sight of it would make any 500lbs American jump up from his ECV and run away in fright.

Parc Asterix, Paris. This is the largest restaurant of the most French theme park of all. They come running at the sight of fresh healthy food:
parc-asterix-2-035.jpg

Last edited:

Summersfigment

From what I have been hearing from a little birdie is when it comes to Star Wars don't think small for an expansion think much bigger.
From what some imagineering friends have been saying don't think Star Wars lands but most likely Star Wars park. From what they were saying getting more bang for your buck.

MerlinTheGoat

Would be nice to see more ambition on such a project (always a great thing), but I wouldn't put too much faith in words like that. The Little Mermaid ride went through similar hype when they were trying to pass it off as some sort of "E ticket lite". New Fantasyland as a whole is being built up to be far more than it really is. It's best not to take what an imagineer says at face value until we actually know for sure what to expect. There's also the new and growing danger of the next gen projects going ridiculously over budget and causing Disney executives to dip into the budgets for upcoming park projects to pay for the mess (as hinted by several insiders here)...

I've said it before but if we just end up getting something along the lines of a roller coaster with some sort of video screen bolted to the cars, i'll pass. I'm hungry for more substance in theme park experiences than has been the trend for the past decade or two at WDW.

doctornick

From what I have been hearing from a little birdie is when it comes to Star Wars don't think small for an expansion think much bigger.

I would like for that to be true and if they are truly using the AIE and IJ stunt show (plus Sounds Dangerous, One would assume) space in addition to the SoA (including the Muppets) land and conceivably backspace stuff like where the parade storage is -- that could potentially be a massive area which a lot of different sublands themed to different Star Wars worlds (Tantooine, Endor, Hoth, Coruscant, Death Star, Naboo, etc.). I actually think they are better off having different themed "lands" or "sublands" corresponding to different planets and that is how they could give a Star Wars expansion more buzz and publicity.

That said, I'm also concerned that SW would dominate the park in that situation and would hope they expand other offerings simultaneously so as to not make it a de facto "Star Wars park" alone. Putting a new show like Tangled or PatF in the Theater of the Stars (replacing BatB), putting a new show in the VOLTM theater (new Muppets?), adding a new Pixar parade from DCA, or -- most logically and importantly -- actually adding some rides to the Pixar Place area. Putting in 2+ rides based on Pixar properties would go a long way to preventing such a Star Wars expansion as being seen as the "only" addition, even if it is the "main" one.

Magenta Panther

From what some imagineering friends have been saying don't think Star Wars lands but most likely Star Wars park. From what they were saying getting more bang for your buck.

I find that hard to believe. TDO won't even fix a broken AA in Everest because it's apparently not cost-effective to do so. An entire Star Wars Land? Freaking insane.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom