Star Wars Land

doctornick

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Star Wars Land was debuted in 2015. That way both the film and the park can help promote each other.

Anything is possible, but Disney just hasn't been working on that type of timetable for quite some time. Especially if final plans still aren't set yet. It take a while to go from planning to digging dirt to finishing the build.

That said, I would expect that whatever Star Wars stuff gets planned to be on an "accelerated" timetable. I think we might see some Star Wars stuff opened earlier than others (e.g. a Mos Eisley Cantina open first).

JimboJones123

The cost to build a restaurant is largely driven by plumbing and electrical. If the gas lines are there and a grease trap exists, then a counter service location could easily be converted into a full service location. Kitchen equipment isn't cheap, but adding in the infrastructure where it doesn't exist in a large theme park would be far more costly then a couple hoods and fryers.
Maybe Blue Milk doesn't taste like normal milk? Wonder what it could taste like?

doctornick

The cost to build a restaurant is largely driven by plumbing and electrical. If the gas lines are there and a grease trap exists, then a counter service location could easily be converted into a full service location. Kitchen equipment isn't cheap, but adding in the infrastructure where it doesn't exist in a large theme park would be far more costly then a couple hoods and fryers.

I was thinking the issue about converting a counter service to table service would be more about the footprint of the restaurant in question and space than the food preparation facilities. I don't know how Backlot Express compares to other potential food service locations in DHS though in terms of size.

rodmansju

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Star Wars Land was debuted in 2015. That way both the film and the park can help promote each other.

IF...and it is a big IF....Disney managed to open anything new for 2015 and the debut of the 7th episode, I think many here would be stunned. That would be a Universal-type timeframe, and i just doubt it happens. Only way there's any new star wars ride in DHS by 2015 would have to be new footage in star tours...and that really doesn't count.

also, i get how WDW might market that they have new SW rides at a time when they have a new movie....but you won't likely see a movie promote a ride or themed area

Bocabear

At the speed they are doing Fantasyland, they would never even have the Cantina by 2015... By 2015 they will have an announcement and some vague renderings that may or may not have anything to do with the coming Star Wars attractions....

doctornick

Updated Star Tours scenes by December 2015, with possibly Mos Eisley and Indoor Jedi Show. The rest will be later.

Something like this is what I think is possible/reasonable. I would think they'd want to have something open in 2015 so they can premote it as a "this is what is new at WDW" thing -- and Star Wars seems like the best best at this point.

lazyboy97o

At the speed they are doing Fantasyland, they would never even have the Cantina by 2015... By 2015 they will have an announcement and some vague renderings that may or may not have anything to do with the coming Star Wars attractions....
We have to give the Imagineers time to fly out to Tatooine so they can visit the real Mos Eisley. I hope nobody doesn't like them.

I will never truly understand what takes Disney so long to build anything... Uni can crank things out like there's no tomorrow but it takes 3 years to build a roller coaster and almost a year to convert a ride to a meet and greet location. Unless something drastically changes I don't think we will see anything SW for 2015

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I will never truly understand what takes Disney so long to build anything... Uni can crank things out like there's no tomorrow but it takes 3 years to build a roller coaster and almost a year to convert a ride to a meet and greet location. Unless something drastically changes I don't think we will see anything SW for 2015

It's very easy to understand: $$$$.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I'd be shocked beyond belief if we saw anything for SW before 2018. And, if I'm being completely honest and trying to take my fanboy shoes off for a few minutes, I'd want to see how VII does. If it is the greatest thing since sliced bread, the new pop-culture touchpoint for the ages, then I'd want to see about incorporating some of into the eventual land. If it goes over like Jar Jar, I'd want to ensure that my SW land is %100 OT focused.

taz0162

It's very easy to understand: $$$$.
not only $$$$ but also projecting return visits. If they opened everything at once there would be nothing new upon the next visit. They stagger openings to keep things fresh and guests like us returning to the parks. Everybodies Money now vs staggered openings bringing in repeat guests over the next 5 years. If they opened everything in 2012 and you went in 2012 and nothing new until 2017 the demand for a return visit would decrease. but with grand openings of new attractions, events, and areas guests would more likely return at least once if not twice in that time period to check out the new items.

But this staggering opening attractions/experiences just doesn't work it looks messy and sloppy in the parks I would rather see everything open have greater wait times and then have to come back because I just couldn't experience everything all at once.. and it makes them look slow and lazy I just spent the week before labor day and over labor day weekend at WDW and never saw them working on anything you can stagger and take your time but still do it in a timely fashion its seems ridiculous that it should takes years and years apart to do some of this stuff

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom