Star Wars Land

NoChesterHester

There was just a permit filed for the FotLK project and it did not have an explicit expiration date which means it defaults to a one year expiration. This would indicate to me that they plan to have it complete in well less then a year. No guarantees since they can file a new permit to extend the expiration, but it is a good indicator.

This can't be a massive build right? Fake rocks seem to take forever, but a theater is pretty conventional.

ChrisM

Captain Neo

Those details, were they all to come to pass, would be exceptional.

I have to admit to not understanding the speeder bike ride system as Jim was describing it. We've been hearing bike coaster but what Jim described sounded a lot more like a screen-based motion simulator. Is it a mash-up of the two?

What Jim Hill describes is a simulator like Soarin'. Sadly i'm not surprised because why bother building a thrilling coaster ride or something with eleborate sets and animatronics when you can just put up some video screens.

doctornick

What Jim Hill describes is a simulator like Soarin'. Sadly i'm not surprised because why bother building a thrilling coaster ride or something with eleborate sets and animatronics when you can just put up some video screens.

That doesn't mesh with what others have said who think it will be a bike coaster, similar in format to the Tron coaster planned for Shanghai but with a Star Wars/Endor theme. It would be build on the IJ stunt show area, which is a big enough plot of lang to accomodate a typical Disney type coaster.

That said, if they were to build a screen type attraction it could easily be something where the ride vehicle moves around a la Spider Man and be quite different from Soarin'.

Sue_Vongello

YEAH! Or like a motion simulator like Star Tours ... wait ... oh crap.

They sure as hell better come up with something NOT screen based, we already have our screen based SW ride.

Captain Neo

YEAH! Or like a motion simulator like Star Tours ... wait ... oh crap.

They sure as hell better come up with something NOT screen based, we already have our screen based SW ride.

Apparently this is what they pitched to Cameron for avatarland and that's why got ed and the project isn't going anywhere right now.

Sue_Vongello

Apparently this is what they pitched to Cameron for avatarland and that's why got ed and the project isn't going anywhere right now.

I could see Cameron not going for it but to me it's not a big deal, I'll take a Soarin' 2.0 in DAK, its not nearly as egregious as having two motion simulator screen based rides in the same land for the same property ... that's insane.

Captain Neo

We know jack about the Star Wars E Ticket. Speeder Bikes on Endor sounds cool. If you have seen the movie, 150 mph through a forrest is not anything like Soarin. Simmer down.

How about we just leave it at that.

It is like Soarin when your just sitting on a motion simulator with wind blowing in your face while you stare at a screen

Sue_Vongello

We know jack about the Star Wars E Ticket. Speeder Bikes on Endor sounds cool. If you have seen the movie, 150 mph through a forrest is not anything like Soarin. Simmer down.

How about we just leave it at that.

I agree that sounds awesome ... I also agree that we know nothing ... BUT the way Jim Hill describes it is what I was responding to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom