Star Wars Land

juniorthomas

....how many remove the hat threads or complaints have you read over the forums here and most everywhere? People want the hat removed so you can see the WHAT AGAIN? LOL Oh yeah the Chinese theatre....! :)

I think your forgetting that Disney paid mister Lucus alot of money for Star Wars... and in relative terms only recently really... add the fact that they are making a new Star Wars movie (actually MOVIES) and this concept of building the land makes complete sense..... there are other reasons too but of course...

The thing is, Disney doesn't own Grauman's Chinese Theatre. (Even Grauman doesn't own it anymore.) Why would they want a non-Disney property to be one of the most recognizable icons of their themepark? Instead, someone made the awkward decision to put a hat on it. Like it or not, it's there.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Out of all places in the SW universe there might be to explore, Endor (or the moon of Endor) is nearly the last place I'd like to explore (Mustafar would be amazing, yet quite hot). I've been to forests before.

Vader2112

Yeah let's pick the place most Star Wars fans detest because of the Ewoks . If they do a forest themed area it should be Kashyyyk

PorterRedkey

This is the rumored speeder bike attraction? Yes? My understanding is this is going to be the re-themed from the TRON cycle coaster for Shanghai.

If it is going to be a speeder bike attraction. Endor makes sense. I look forward to zooming around trees and Ewoks.

GLaDOS

This is the rumored speeder bike attraction? Yes? My understanding is this is going to be the re-themed from the TRON cycle coaster for Shanghai.

If it is going to be a speeder bike attraction. Endor makes sense. I look forward to zooming around trees and Ewoks.

This. My guess is the "ride" area which would be Star Tours and the E-ticket (rumored to be a speederbike coaster) would be themed to Endor. Then the shopping/dining area that was once the Muppets area becomes Tatooine. I mean they already have the theming moving that way change from Endor to Tatooine as it is.

CinematicFusion

Just found this..

Source: STAR WARS Land Details At Disney's Hollywood Studios & Other Park Changes
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheDailySuperHero/news/?a=81750#2X6cDy7V5KJ3DdM5.99

According to an amusement park source who is very knowledgable of the inner workings of the world's largest entertainment company, the following two changes are happening at the Orlando park that are Star Wars-related.

–A indoor Jedi Training Academy will be at the ABC Sound Studio.

–The Backlot Express is being converted into a Star Wars-themed ride aimed for younger children who don't make the height requirement on the Star Tours ride. (Got give the kiddies something too, right?)

And that's it for Star Wars changes/additions. Nowhere close to what one would expect. Also, in order to completely clear the air of all the false rumors online, the source said the following changes are also occurring at the park.

–The Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular will remain until they have a reason to replace it as the brand still makes them money especially if another film is on the horizon.

–Cars Land is coming and it will take up the entirety of the Backlot Tour and Lights, Motor, Action stunt show as its nearly the same square footage of the Cars Land in California.

–The Muppets 3D attraction will remain as long as Disney makes Muppet movies.

–The Honey I Shrunk the Kids park was originally supposed to be converted into A Bugs Life area years ago and will most likely be slowly dissolved to make room for character meeting areas.

Quick note: notice that rumor of a Mos Eisley cantina coming to the park is not listed. This doesn't mean it's debunked but it does mean to not get your hopes up that it's actually happening.

Magenta Panther

Those stupid plans unfortunately sound right in character with the current TDO. And they're gonna go over just about as well as the new Princess Meet-and-Greets did at D23 several years ago (fortunately those M&Gs were replaced by the Mine Train). Anyway, if the above is true...bleah. Seriously...a KIDDIE Star Wars ride? I smell Ewok dolls for sale at MouseGear. Watch out, Duffy...

What really killed me was the blurb about the Imagineers working hard to improve the theme-park experience blah blah blah...(whisper) disco Yeti. What a crock!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom