Star Wars Land

jt04

Just found this..

Source: STAR WARS Land Details At Disney's Hollywood Studios & Other Park Changes
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheDailySuperHero/news/?a=81750#2X6cDy7V5KJ3DdM5.99

According to an amusement park source who is very knowledgable of the inner workings of the world's largest entertainment company, the following two changes are happening at the Orlando park that are Star Wars-related.

–A indoor Jedi Training Academy will be at the ABC Sound Studio.

–The Backlot Express is being converted into a Star Wars-themed ride aimed for younger children who don't make the height requirement on the Star Tours ride. (Got give the kiddies something too, right?)

And that's it for Star Wars changes/additions. Nowhere close to what one would expect. Also, in order to completely clear the air of all the false rumors online, the source said the following changes are also occurring at the park.

–The Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular will remain until they have a reason to replace it as the brand still makes them money especially if another film is on the horizon.

–Cars Land is coming and it will take up the entirety of the Backlot Tour and Lights, Motor, Action stunt show as its nearly the same square footage of the Cars Land in California.

–The Muppets 3D attraction will remain as long as Disney makes Muppet movies.

–The Honey I Shrunk the Kids park was originally supposed to be converted into A Bugs Life area years ago and will most likely be slowly dissolved to make room for character meeting areas.

Quick note: notice that rumor of a Mos Eisley cantina coming to the park is not listed. This doesn't mean it's debunked but it does mean to not get your hopes up that it's actually happening.

Not buying any of this. Sorry.

CinematicFusion

Not buying any of this. Sorry.

No need to apologize, hope you are right...a Star Wars kiddie spinner would be a catastrophic move by Disney in the war against universal.
Wish Disney had a little more imagination up its sleeve then just a clone of cars land.
Don't mind the clone if a Star Wars e-ticket comes with it.

I would be happy with a kiddie ride on the level of mine train.
Guess We will find out in August.

ChevisMickey

No need to apologize, hope you are right...a Star Wars kiddie spinner would be a catastrophic move by Disney in the war against universal.
Wish Disney had a little more imagination up its sleeve then just a clone of cars land.
Don't mind the clone if a Star Wars e-ticket comes with it.

I would be happy with a kiddie ride on the level of mine train.
Guess We will find out in August.

Clones would be ok in Star Wars Land, not Cars Land. Star Wars already has clones.:D

NoChesterHester

here s my theory IF this is true
wet the appetite for star wars fans until the new movies in 2015 then go all in after that

They know they need more than a restaurant and meet and greet if they are going to expand the presence at all. It will be slammed by both Disney and Star Wars fans if they don't get a ride.

I believe the rumors of the Speeder Bike Coaster because:

1. Return of the Jedi is pretty close to the timeline of the new movies. At least closer than anything that would take place on Hoth, Bespin, or Tatooine.

2. They are trying to shift the focus of the franchise back to the eternally loved Original Trilogy era. Cone Wars stuff and Prequel Trilogy Era media is being rapidly phased out.

3. A forest planet is way easier to create a theme park environment around then say... Cloud City.

NoChesterHester

Things are coming. Things will go. Things will change. Sooner rather than later.

Disney Hollywood Adventure sounds about right.

Sooner... so six years rather than seven?

I joke... I joke...

If they decided to spend the money, there is no doubt they could fast track projects in less than half the time they are currently building things in.

spacemt354

Chili's
They know they need more than a restaurant and meet and greet if they are going to expand the presence at all. It will be slammed by both Disney and Star Wars fans if they don't get a ride.

I believe the rumors of the Speeder Bike Coaster because:

1. Return of the Jedi is pretty close to the timeline of the new movies. At least closer than anything that would take place on Hoth, Bespin, or Tatooine.

2. They are trying to shift the focus of the franchise back to the eternally loved Original Trilogy era. Cone Wars stuff and Prequel Trilogy Era media is being rapidly phased out.

3. A forest planet is way easier to create a theme park environment around then say... Cloud City.

And besides, the outer facade of Star Tours is already themed to Endor. It would make perfect sense to mold that half of the land into the Endor forests and maybe have the back half by the giftshop and beyond be themed to tatooine.

Captain Neo

I don't really care about the Star Wars land rumors but will we have to wait 12 years for Star Tours 3 or will they overhaul it during the release of the new trilogy?

NoChesterHester

I cut a lot out the quotes for reading ease...

If Disney really wants to go ALL IN on the Star Wars theming here are a few suggestions:

1) Get rid of the entire streets of America area. Nothing goes on there ever and I find people sitting on the stoops of the home facades to relax or eat. That does not inspire you to see more or spend money.
1a) In place of the streets of America they can use that entire area and turn it into a Star Wars themed area. Since you have the Tatooine traders right next to Star Tours then that would be an easy transition into making that into a Tatooine themed area.

Streets of America doesn't connect to the area that is currently Star Tours and Tatooine Traders.

Mos Eisley Cantina. We know this has already been discussed. It would be a great counter service restaurant and a great place to buy adult beverages. It has to match almost exactly except for maybe another bar that would be a counter service ordering place...

2) While you are re-theming Streets of America...you could set up traders and vendors like on Tatooine selling different foods, very unique looking and themed foods for this otherworldly place. Souvenirs could be sold at these stands, stray robots putting on shows. A build your droid area, etc.

Your whole idea here is awesome... except - The Cantina is the single most recognizable single locale in all of Star Wars. The Cantina is where people want to eat dinner, a character dinner as you suggested. It needs to have a separate bar area, so the regulars can hang out without interrupting the families there for a meal that doesn't involve lots of adult flavored beverages.

3) Down the road.....off in the distance...some great force perspective....Jabba's Palace. That is your new restaurant.

Jabba's Palace would be SPECTACULAR.

more to come......

I don't know that I want to see fat old Jabba while I'm eating. Besides, this restaurant along may blow the entire budget.

I'm thinking more of a walk-through type attraction. You can get a peek down the rancor pit, and hear him, but never get a glimpse. Kind of like the Pirates digging the tunnel in the POTC queue. Build the main audience chamber and do some meet and greets. Or, Jabba's palace become the queue for a show or ride. Imagine a walk through the dungeons with creepy aliens in cages on your way to a dune speeder.

Studios Fan

I'm not bothered by a name change. I just hope they pick something better than Hollywood Studios. Even something like Disney Adventure Kingdom sounds better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom