Star Wars Land

lazyboy97o

Credit to finding this goes to @huntzilla, but does anyone know if this is legit artwork or the legit name for the new Star Wars ride? I know Richard has done t-shirt work for them in the past:
http://disneydesignerland.blogspot.com/2013/06/a-small-summer-side-project.html

Side+Project.jpg
I have a hard time thinking Disney would be okay with him publishing that if it is real (plus its kind if ugly). There are some leaks due to contractors putting work on a portfolio, but Disney hired him because of his site and this isn't some piece just sitting in a portfolio.

Magenta Panther

I have a hard time thinking Disney would be okay with him publishing that if it is real (plus its kind if ugly). There are some leaks due to contractors putting work on a portfolio, but Disney hired him because of his site and this isn't some piece just sitting in a portfolio.

Well, there are people here dropping very large hints too, after all. And you know, I'm not sure that Disney would be all that aghast at the idea of people leaking what just might be announced at D23...in order to whet appetites, which is not always a bad thing...

lazyboy97o

Well, there are people here dropping very large hints too, after all. And you know, I'm not sure that Disney would be all that aghast at the idea of people leaking what just might be announced at D23...in order to whet appetites, which is not always a bad thing...
Disney is all about control. They're not the type to do controlled leaks.

Sue_Vongello

Is D23 sold out? Trying to get those last few sold perhaps?

StarWarsGirl

They were available during Star Wars weekends. There is a distinct chance they're still available in tattooing traders. But seeing as I have no incentive to go to the studios anymore, no need to check it out.

I'll check Disneyland on Friday since I won't be at the Studios until August

Captain Neo

I think Journalists are becoming very unprofessional. In all my years as a theme park afficiando I've never heard of "Theme Park Insider" and never heard of them being a reliable source. Miceage heck even Jim Hill sure but not TPI. I can't believe so many sites are running with what is probably a bogus story. If the Wall Street Journal leaks it out like they did for DCA's redo back in 2007 i'll believe it but until then i'm going to say it's wishful thinking.

Think about it, Disney hasn't moved swift on anything for like the past decade. They acquired Pixar and it took years before they did that ho-hum Pixar Place with a clone of Midway Mania and then stopped. They acquired Marvel and have not done anything at the other Parks aside from the Iron Man exhibit in Disneyland's innoventions and they announced Avatar Land two years ago and that's gone nowhere. Meanwhile their main competitor Universal is almost done with a major phase 2 of their Harry Potter world and that's in addition to constant refreshing and new attractions across their parks. I'm sure Disney is slowly blue skying Star Wars plans but considering it's the same management team that's been there for like 14 years now I doubt we are going to get any truely exciting announcement. At best they will do a cheap retheming of the area around Star Tours (pixar place style) and call it a day.

articos

There is some truth to the recent mumblings. Whether it leads to an announcement let alone construction I don't know.

What I do know is there are plans for DHS to receive a lot of attention. Mostly but not perhaps only within the current boundary. I'd be delighted of it were two separate large projects at the same time plus a park wide sparkle and cohesive retheme. As of now I know of definate plans for a small Star Wars expansion and the proposal to remove the tour area for additional Pixar Land space, in additional to the planned MI coaster. Remember, I say plans. Proposals. They are ready to go if green lit. Anything larger seems to indeed be a real possibility but I know nothing more at this time.
Yup.

jt04

I think Journalists are becoming very unprofessional. In all my years as a theme park afficiando I've never heard of "Theme Park Insider" and never heard of them being a reliable source. Miceage heck even Jim Hill sure but not TPI. I can't believe so many sites are running with what is probably a bogus story. If the Wall Street Journal leaks it out like they did for DCA's redo back in 2007 i'll believe it but until then i'm going to say it's wishful thinking.

Think about it, Disney hasn't moved swift on anything for like the past decade. They acquired Pixar and it took years before they did that ho-hum Pixar Place with a clone of Midway Mania and then stopped. They acquired Marvel and have not done anything at the other Parks aside from the Iron Man exhibit in Disneyland's innoventions and they announced Avatar Land two years ago and that's gone nowhere. Meanwhile their main competitor Universal is almost done with a major phase 2 of their Harry Potter world and that's in addition to constant refreshing and new attractions across their parks. I'm sure Disney is slowly blue skying Star Wars plans but considering it's the same management team that's been there for like 14 years now I doubt we are going to get any truely exciting announcement. At best they will do a cheap retheming of the area around Star Tours (pixar place style) and call it a day.

Agreed. But one can hope.

lazyboy97o

Theme Park Insider has been around and even discussed plenty in the past, such as their big story on Diagon Alley on the last day of 2011.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom