Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So now we know people, we start at the legs of the AT-ATs and ascend. @marni1971 I guess that means that the scene is about halfway through the ride? Or maybe within the first half, depending on how they have the first floor laid out?
You’ll see.
Now the only question is are the “Kylo-vators” the means of getting us from one floor to another, or just a intermediary vertical thrill apparatus?
Kylovator isn’t connected to physical elevation change.

HauntedMansionFLA

Totally - I just know I've been able to move through the World for days at a time without running into a fan in the know like us. Though it's harder these days than it used to be.

I'm sure the waits from 8:01 AM will still be astronomical for Alcatraz, but I wonder if people who are showing up more for Star Wars and less for Disney World will automatically assume that Falcon is the must-do of the two, when the opposite seems categorically true. Perhaps as we near opening Disney will offer a closer look into Battle Escape that throws the public interest into High Gear. If it really is the game changer it's purported to be I can't imagine they'll keep that a secret for very long.
Two things:
1) The "Kylovator" reminds me of the concept art on the trading cards where Kylo Ren appears to be Force lifting a guest.

2) The OCR article that original post was talking about mentions a "First Order Performance Stage" - maybe that ties in with the stunt show I mentioned a few posts back.

Did they offer FP+ for the two Pandora attractions at launch?
Hopefully they learned from Pandora and will make adjustments to launching (so to speak) this new land

drod1985

Making Star Wars is reporting a few interesting rumors about Galaxy's Edge. Of note:
  • TV Spots have begun filming
  • The Falcon prop is going to be installed soon (I'm assuming this is at Disneyland, it's not specified)
  • The Falcon Ride takes you to Corellia, where The First Order (and Kylo Ren) have taken control.
  • There are 3 Falcon Ride Mission Scenarios:
    1. Hondo gets you involved in a race on Corellia that he’s sure you can’t lose with the Millennium Falcon.
    2. Hondo sends you to the First Order Shipyard on Corellia, possibly on a mission for the Resistance.
    3. Your crew will have to steal some piece of cargo but the cargo is guarded by a giant monster similar to The Maw from Solo: A Star Wars Story and you’ll have evade the creature like the mythic heroes stealing the treasure from the sleeping dragon. Of course, the dragon wakes up.
Sound interesting, and MSW has a decent track record (some big hits and some big misses too). Scenario 3 doesn't sound like it fits Corellia in, so that's a bit odd to me.

I'm interested in hearing what our insiders take on this is.

Stripes

Making Star Wars is reporting a few interesting rumors about Galaxy's Edge. Of note:
  • TV Spots have begun filming
  • The Falcon prop is going to be installed soon (I'm assuming this is at Disneyland, it's not specified)
  • The Falcon Ride takes you to Corellia, where The First Order (and Kylo Ren) have taken control.
  • There are 3 Falcon Ride Mission Scenarios:
    1. Hondo gets you involved in a race on Corellia that he’s sure you can’t lose with the Millennium Falcon.
    2. Hondo sends you to the First Order Shipyard on Corellia, possibly on a mission for the Resistance.
    3. Your crew will have to steal some piece of cargo but the cargo is guarded by a giant monster similar to The Maw from Solo: A Star Wars Story and you’ll have evade the creature like the mythic heroes stealing the treasure from the sleeping dragon. Of course, the dragon wakes up.
Sound interesting, and MSW has a decent track record (some big hits and some big misses too). Scenario 3 doesn't sound like it fits Corellia in, so that's a bit odd to me.

I'm interested in hearing what our insiders take on this is.
The monster creature was actually depicted in some released concept art. It's real.
milleniumfalconpitmv.jpg

Razgriz

Am I setting myself up for disappointment hoping most of the castmembers aren't all "humans"
I'd like to see some basic stuff like
latest

but I don't know what the actual logistics on something like that would be.

Jobacca

Am I setting myself up for disappointment hoping most of the castmembers aren't all "humans"
I'd like to see some basic stuff like
latest

but I don't know what the actual logistics on something like that would be.

Didnt Disney used to make a deal with the 501st back in the day? I seem to remember hearing that they hired local cosplayers to attend the SW Weekends and walk around in character. Would it be possible for them to do something like that again? Give the 501st and Rebel Legion fans like a...temp contract or something? Give them free admission to the park,free food and drink,and in return they have to stay in costume/character and abide by Disneys rules and regulations? Hell,let 'em walk to the front of the line...It would only add to the experience if the guests got to ride with a random Twilek or other alien. I dont even know if this is remotely feasible from a legal standpoint-just a thought.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Didnt Disney used to make a deal with the 501st back in the day? I seem to remember hearing that they hired local cosplayers to attend the SW Weekends and walk around in character. Would it be possible for them to do something like that again? Give the 501st and Rebel Legion fans like a...temp contract or something? Give them free admission to the park,free food and drink,and in return they have to stay in costume/character and abide by Disneys rules and regulations? Hell,let 'em walk to the front of the line...It would only add to the experience if the guests got to ride with a random Twilek or other alien. I dont even know if this is remotely feasible from a legal standpoint-just a thought.
Not quite. As I understand it, they marched in the parade and that was about it. Pretty sure they had to pay their own way as well.

All of the characters that did meet n greets were CMs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom