Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Slov72

Rule of thumb... if it came from JH assume its total blue-sky and speculation. If Martin brings it up as a "possibility", assume its more than just imagineers doodling but it's not green lit. If

Pretty sure the "stunt show" was a small show element that may occur occasionally around the land, such as storm troopers chasing a resistance spy.... not sure if this will occur but it has been mentioned before.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
the concept art had a what looked like a full sized Falcon outside the ride, has that gone away??

No, it will still be there. You can see the support for it....

1538498915657.png

bshah365

I remember reading a while back that Battle Escape was a two story attraction similar to Transformers..... If true, I'm hoping the transitions from floor to floor are a bit more aggressive for more thrill factor.... a good MB style drop from the second to first floor would suffice...

trainplane3

I remember reading a while back that Battle Escape was a two story attraction similar to Transformers..... If true, I'm hoping the transitions from floor to floor are a bit more aggressive for more thrill factor.... a good MB style drop from the second to first floor would suffice...
Well there was a scene I think @marni1971 mentioned call "Kylovator" (something along those lines) a year or so ago. I'm not sure if that holds up to today but if it does, that could be something "aggressive". 1/1 confrontation with Kylo?

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...disneys-hollywood-studios.903110/post-7967683

winstongator

Not only that but I wouldn’t be surprised if Alcatraz has a lot of downtime for the first few months. It is a very very technically complex attraction.
Will having it running for a few months in Anaheim help the Orlando crew maintain uptime? Could be rough for them fastpass wise if there’s extended downtime.

I checked park hours from Summer 2017 for Pandora. 7-8am early emh, and night emh to 1am some days. Do you think galaxy’s edge will have the same? I’d imagine 18 hrs uptime would be much tougher than 12.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Will having it running for a few months in Anaheim help the Orlando crew maintain uptime? Could be rough for them fastpass wise if there’s extended downtime..
It could help, but there’s many more variables both human and mechanical / electronic too. T&A can only do so much to help the ride bed in and get the crew up to speed.

To offer fast pass for either Orlando attraction next year would be foolish IMHO.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That’s correct. You’ll certainly know you’re going up. You shouldn’t even know that you’re descending.

MickeyMinnieMom

To offer fast pass for either Orlando attraction next year would be foolish IMHO.
Assuming I’m understanding correctly, I can imagine the thinking behind this, but if they didn’t offer FP for either I think many would be furious. There’s no precedent since FP+ intro for them not offering it on new attractions, right?

Stripes

That’s correct. You’ll certainly know you’re going up. You shouldn’t even know that you’re descending.
So now we know people, we start at the legs of the AT-ATs and ascend. @marni1971 I guess that means that the scene is about halfway through the ride? Or maybe within the first half, depending on how they have the first floor laid out?

britain

Now the only question is are the “Kylo-vators” the means of getting us from one floor to another, or just a intermediary vertical thrill apparatus?

drod1985

Well there was a scene I think @marni1971 mentioned call "Kylovator" (something along those lines) a year or so ago. I'm not sure if that holds up to today but if it does, that could be something "aggressive". 1/1 confrontation with Kylo?

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...disneys-hollywood-studios.903110/post-7967683

Two things:
1) The "Kylovator" reminds me of the concept art on the trading cards where Kylo Ren appears to be Force lifting a guest.

2) The OCR article that original post was talking about mentions a "First Order Performance Stage" - maybe that ties in with the stunt show I mentioned a few posts back.

Did they offer FP+ for the two Pandora attractions at launch?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom