Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I’m sure someone will measure it,

You don't have to talk about me as if I weren't here! ;)

It's 2 acres...

1539455907689.png

ilovetotravel1977

It has been said we could expect long wait times to get INTO SW:GE...what if you had FP+ for a ride? I wonder if there would be a timed entrance based on FP+ reservations. Something like you get to enter the land 30 min or 1 hour before your scheduled FP+...?
What would be the point of having FP+ if you couldn't even get in?

nickys

Premium Member
It has been said we could expect long wait times to get INTO SW:GE...what if you had FP+ for a ride? I wonder if there would be a timed entrance based on FP+ reservations. Something like you get to enter the land 30 min or 1 hour before your scheduled FP+...?
What would be the point of having FP+ if you couldn't even get in?

That’s what happened for both Pandora and TSL. So yes, that is a possibility. In fact, assuming they have FPs for these rides for the first few days, weeks, months, I’d say it would be essential.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
That’s a suspiciously round figure for something that shape! ;)
OK, you got me, it's 87,914 square feet. :)

How do you do measure this anyway?
See here (and click on measurements)...

Download and install Google Earth Pro, it's free!

Go to where you want to plop the building. Hit "R" to center yourself above the plot looking straight down. Make sure Terrain is unchecked. Click on the polygon tool. Here I shall add a tower to World Showcase Plaza...
View attachment 295145

Left click to drop corners and edges of your polygon. Right click erases a point. You can grab and drag points around. You can chose the color of the line and the fill and their opacity. If you don't want a fill, but just a wire frame, reduce area's opacity to zero. Likewise, zero opacity on the lines hides the frame. Here's a pentagon...

View attachment 295146

When you got the right shape and placement click OK to save it. Now, we'll add height. Right click on your polygon on the map or on the places menu and click Properties to alter it. Go to Altitude. Chose relative to the ground and check Extend sides to ground. Use the slider to add height or type in the altitude (in meters). Let's make it 20m tall and click OK....

View attachment 295147

Now you want to go into 3D mode, so, click Terrain and 3D buildings. Now, position yourself (the camera's POV) to see how the model looks in 'the real world.'....

View attachment 295148

bshah365

I could be mistaken but isn't there also supposed to be a waterfall in the Battle Escape extended queue? I remember a while back Yensid 55 mentioning it on youtube… I've been trying to find pictures of it on the model.. but I'm still on the hunt..

EDIT: I found the photo! Here's a screenshot from Yensid 55's contruction from a while back. The screeshot was taken @ 10:54

SWGE.jpg

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

I guess this thread is as good a place as any to ask, but this bioreconstruct dude, who is he? Does he spend half the day walking around WDW and snapping pics and the other half flying in a copter and snapping pics? Is he some independently wealthy fan, does he fly for a living, is he Superman?
He takes awesome pictures of the two other theme parks in the area too.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Now tell me there is a passage connecting Star Tour and SW:GE please ;)
Sorry to say, but there will be no tunnel from SWL to the dump.

I guess this thread is as good a place as any to ask, but this bioreconstruct dude, who is he? Does he spend half the day walking around WDW and snapping pics and the other half flying in a copter and snapping pics? Is he some independently wealthy fan, does he fly for a living, is he Superman?
Judging by his feed, the other half of his time is spent at Volcano Bay.

Last edited:

jkpmac

I know people have been saying on and off about the size and how crowded it will be, but I am not so sure, except for the opening month! I have been looking at at the old Ellen's Energy Adventure building since they started gutting it, and kept thinking that ride always seemed huge to me, but in all the aerials and ground shots now it looks so small. My point is that we can't really tell what this place will be like until you see pictures on the ground, but if the Energy ride is any example, they know how to utilize every square inch of space and it will hopefully be quite roomy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom