Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

MagicJack78

Yes, Imagineers aren't stupid, but that doesn't mean they can't make mistakes and if this wouldn't be the first time that a ride didn't work out as expected when it opened to the public.
It would be incredibly naive of us to think that everything we are discussing hasn't been discussed in the r & d process at nauseum. There are no surprises here. The imagineers are just fine tuning the ride as was most likely always intended.
Rides that didn't work out; didn't work as intended for reasons such as trying to do to much with a small budget.
My feelings are that the A team of imagineers are on this one, and the budget is available to make this ride shine...

This is not Pixar Pier! At least I hope its not;)

drod1985

Actual pic of @Kamikaze looking at ideas other than his own for how the MF ride could work.

latest

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It would be incredibly naive of us to think that everything we are discussing hasn't been discussed in the r & d process at nauseum. There are no surprises here. The imagineers are just fine tuning the ride as was most likely always intended.
Rides that didn't work out; didn't work as intended for reasons such as trying to do to much with a small budget.
My feelings are that the A team of imagineers are on this one, and the budget is available to make this ride shine...

This is not Pixar Pier! At least I hope its not;)

I think you underestimate that ability of a large corporation to make bad decisions. I am not saying this is going to be a failure, but it would also not be surprising for it to open with ride experience that guests are not happy with.

MagicJack78

I think you underestimate that ability of a large corporation to make bad decisions. I am not saying this is going to be a failure, but it would also not be surprising for it to open with ride experience that guests are not happy with.
I understand. I work for a very large organization and am also very aware of the great things this company is capable of! I tend to side on optimism till proven otherwise. I try not to waste my energy on being cynical. Too easy to do and really provides no value.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Chewie having a hissy fit doesn't change that you got the same experience if you passed or failed.

Answer me this: How is it any different if your ship is towed from crashing halfway through the ride or if your controls have no impact? Either way, you get the same experience - you go through the ride and what you did meant nothing.

Scene A: Fly through a narrow passage
1. Excellent flying: get through without a scratch​
2. Fair flying: scrape a few times, knock some junk off the wall​
3. Bad flying: spin around at a hard bump, but keep moving forward; announcement that there's damage to the MF​

Scene B: Snipe enemy ships
1. Excellent shooting: kill them all​
2. Fair shooting: a few get away​
3. Poor shooting: no kills, someone at the cantina asks if you need droid eye implants​

Scene C: Get to rendezvous
1. Excellent flying: you get there​
2. Fair flying: HUD display walks you through it.​
3. Bad flying: Holomessage from your contanct pops up asking if you're alright and that the coordinates are being given to your astromech droid to get you there.​

Scene D: Destroy the DeathGalaxy
1. Excellent shooting: the rebel X-Wings that show up to help keep the enemy off your back while you get the kill.​
2. Fair shooting: rebel X-Wings show up to help keep the enemy off your back and they also get in a few shots to help you destroy it.​
2. Poor shooting: rebel X-Wings show up to help keep the enemy off your back and wind up destroying it as you help by absorbing enemy damage. At the cantina, you're told there's a price on your head for nearly destroying the MF.​

atjimfromdisney

3. Bad flying: spin around at a hard bump, but keep moving forward; announcement that there's damage to the MF​

3. Poor shooting: no kills, someone at the cantina asks if you need droid eye implants​

3. Bad flying: Holomessage from your contanct pops up asking if you're alright and that the coordinates are being given to your astromech droid to get you there.​

1. Excellent shooting: the rebel X-Wings that show up to help keep the enemy off your back while you get the kill.​
2. Fair shooting: rebel X-Wings show up to help keep the enemy off your back and they also get in a few shots to help you destroy it.​
2. Poor shooting: rebel X-Wings show up to help keep the enemy off your back and wind up destroying it as you help by absorbing enemy damage. At the cantina, you're told there's a price on your head for nearly destroying the MF.​

This is fantastic.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

I knew it...people with a bit of creativity can actually solve basic problems.

geekza

I worked on a customer service launch team for the Amazon Fire Phone. Corporations are quite capable of making bad decisions.

RSoxNo1

Crashing the ship means it's then sucked into a tractor beam and you have a different adventure. That's one of a ridiculous number of scenarios that could present themselves upon "failure". Shouldn't be a problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom