Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

sedati

Is something that turns and bleep an animatronic?
For my own personal sense of the word, no.
I do remember some touting the figures in the Kong vehicles as animatronics though I think at best the head moves.
Range of movement does greatly affect some of the numbers thrown out for the older animatronic heavy attractions. World Of Motion is said to have 139 animatronics, but a good number of those only had a single repeated movement (still a very impressive attraction.) I'd say if the girls in the Footlight Parade scene in The Great Movie Ride's 59 total, then the droids should absolutely count.

build_it

Seems like an easy upgrade/fill in for Epcot. Move ST equipment into Wonders building. Either keep it themed ST and spread the SW IP into multiple parks, or retheme the equipment into another IP. Puts Wonders back to work, and clears the way at DHS for more. I wonder if you could retheme it to the Black Panther shuttle/jet and make it a black panther ride. Invest the big $$$ into the park with the widest theme for IP (DHS), and stuff an IP into the park where guests want more rides (Epcot). Seems like a move that would fit the current practices.

Don't shoot me, just offering it up for thought.

HauntedMansionFLA

Seems like an easy upgrade/fill in for Epcot. Move ST equipment into Wonders building. Either keep it themed ST and spread the SW IP into multiple parks, or retheme the equipment into another IP. Puts Wonders back to work, and clears the way at DHS for more. I wonder if you could retheme it to the Black Panther shuttle/jet and make it a black panther ride. Invest the big $$$ into the park with the widest theme for IP (DHS), and stuff an IP into the park where guests want more rides (Epcot). Seems like a move that would fit the current practices.

Don't shoot me, just offering it up for thought.
Black Panther can’t be used in WDW per Universal’s Marvel contract.

drod1985

spread the SW IP into multiple parks, or retheme the equipment into another IP.

I'm a Star Wars fan before I'm a Disney fan, but I really hope they contain Star Wars to Hollywood Studios. An occasional promotional crossover is fine, like the Spaceship Earth Death Star for Rogue One made sense and was fun - but it was temporary.

Let AK have Pandora, Epcot can have Guardians (and possibly more Marvel in the future?), leave Star Wars at Hollywood Studios.

sedati

From the Disneyland thread, credit to bshah365 who credited @JessCejalvo:
Screenshot_2018-09-10 ✨SASSY-JESS✨ ( JessCejalvo) Twitter.png

*edited with higher quality

This seems to have been taken from the roof of the quick-service. Not sure how she got these.
Here's where I think the photo was taken from (model pic by plethorist)
1536612010022.png

Last edited:

sedati

Do we know where in the land that structure is located? I can’t quite place it based on the photo alone.

As for Star Tours, if it’s going to stay for even a few years before it’s replaced, I honestly hope the “movie set” facade is removed. It’s really jarring when so much other work has been done to improve the “LA/Hollywood” placemaking throughout the park. I know, I know... it shouldn’t be a priority, etc., but on the other hand, wouldn’t they want the park looking, and feeling, as nice as possible when the spotlight is on it for Galaxy’s Edge?

Check back to my earlier posts, I've edited them with model pics.

Marc Davis Fan

Check back a few pages, they're removing the movie set theming from Tatooine Traders now. That was the primary culprit, the Endor queue isn't that bad (and is an easy fix too).

I know they’re refurbishing the inside of the shop, but I haven’t heard about it impacting the outdoor facade - is that what you’re saying?

I’m not sure whether making the inside of the shop less of a movie set / more “Star Wars immersive” is a step forwards or backwards. That would seem to make it even less in keeping with the “this area of the Park is Hollywood” premise. I guess we’ll see how it turns out...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom