Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is your Christmas opening timing based on anything, or were you just proving a point? Sorry, I don't recall your past posts of having insider info or not. @MisterPenguin 's tracker still just notes late fall. So just wondering if there's to be an update. Thanks.
Also GMA is on ABC, Today Show is NBC ;)
Orlando opening is still unfixed. Aiming for October, expect November, should be before Christmas week.

TP2000

Is your Christmas opening timing based on anything, or were you just proving a point? Sorry, I don't recall your past posts of having insider info or not. @MisterPenguin 's tracker still just notes late fall. So just wondering if there's to be an update. Thanks.

Nope, I'm not an insider, just an old guy sitting in my den. I was just riffing in that post, as I usually do. You may change the text of that sentence from "Christmas" to "Late Fall".

Although I'd imagine that means Thanksgiving, with some paid preview weeks and media-only in early November.

Walter Yensid

I am especially interested in capacity for the restaurant and the number of options of fast-service and of course the sit-down one. With these type of crowds and limited-to-no options in the park for this type of themed dining, it is going to be insane. Beast's Castle has a line out the door most days and this is going to be another level. The one good thing about Beast's Castle is at least it has a LOT of seats. How many will this one have?

Does any insider know the expected capacity of the signature restaurant? I have a feeling that might be a tougher ticket than the rides themselves.

Walt d

This is great news. I'm so excited to have something of this size and scope to look forward to.
Why did we not leave hs alone. And build a new park just for star wars, nothing like starting fresh would have been cheaper to produce then tear down and build back. We have the land...

GlacierGlacier

Why did we not leave hs alone. And build a new park just for star wars, nothing like starting fresh would have been cheaper to produce then tear down and build back. We have the land...
Building a whole new park is a massive infrastructure undertaking. Tearing down and building is much cheaper.

And just because you have the land doesn't mean you should waste it.

Goofnut1980

I have to giggle a little bit. The buildings are looking amazing and the dirty streak marks look great too. Which means, they will never have to maintain the outside again! lol

raymusiccity

What if it looked like this?...

View attachment 300105

The obvious version should be coming down the Interstate any day now!
IMG_2334.JPG

Steven C. Smith

That could be the new Star Wars Resort. They build it off site then just drive it down the highway and park it next to Galaxy’s Edge.
I have a construction question for those that are informed in this area of expertise. I apologize, but I know very little about construction - but I was wondering, can construction crews work on certain aspects of the interior of projects, even though the outside of say, a ride building isn't totally finished? In other words, can we assume that work is being done by certain contractors inside - on say, plumbing, electrical, dry-wall etc... but we just can't see it. Or, do these crews start when the outside contractor's finish? Thanks, in advance for indulging me...and again, I apologize if it's a stupid question.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom