Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Goofyernmost

I have a construction question for those that are informed in this area of expertise. I apologize, but I know very little about construction - but I was wondering, can construction crews work on certain aspects of the interior of projects, even though the outside of say, a ride building isn't totally finished? In other words, can we assume that work is being done by certain contractors inside - on say, plumbing, electrical, dry-wall etc... but we just can't see it. Or, do these crews start when the outside contractor's finish? Thanks, in advance for indulging me...and again, I apologize if it's a stupid question.
As long as it is done to the point that weather cannot get in many things can be done before the exterior is completely finish, however, I don't know how Florida rules work in regards to sequenced inspections of items that need to be completed before construction can continue. For example, internal electrical has to be completed before dry wall or any structure that would hide the electrical system is built, so most construction companies have set progressive construction plans that work like a calendar that sequences when certain portions will be completed and the next phase moves ahead.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I have a construction question for those that are informed in this area of expertise. I apologize, but I know very little about construction - but I was wondering, can construction crews work on certain aspects of the interior of projects, even though the outside of say, a ride building isn't totally finished? In other words, can we assume that work is being done by certain contractors inside - on say, plumbing, electrical, dry-wall etc... but we just can't see it. Or, do these crews start when the outside contractor's finish? Thanks, in advance for indulging me...and again, I apologize if it's a stupid question.

Ride system installation is going on inside the building and has been going on for some time now.

TP2000

Here's that updates glamour shot from July, 2018. https://micechat.com/203028-star-wars-land-update-with-aerial-photos/

EPSG3857_Date20180702_Lat33.814399_Lon-117.921505_Mpp0.075.jpg

Last edited:

BrianLo

Is that spaceship they just built on the top of the building in DHS in the DL one? I can't see it in the new images...

Nope, for whatever reason the Cantina building has always been ahead in DHS. That's where the spaceship has been placed. I'd expect DL to follow along soonish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom