Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

cjkeating

That's precisely Disney's hope.

Have Disney ever done an IP expansion in a park? I think I remember hearing that Star Tours 2 didn't have the impact they were hoping with guest numbers. WDW markets DHS as if it currently has a Star Wars land so I think the general public may not fully understand the dramatic expansion that will open come late 2019.

Pandora was obviously a worlds first and I think more hype was built for this amongst the general public than people on the boards realise.

Soluna16

Have Disney ever done an IP expansion in a park? I think I remember hearing that Star Tours 2 didn't have the impact they were hoping with guest numbers. WDW markets DHS as if it currently has a Star Wars land so I think the general public may not fully understand the dramatic expansion that will open come late 2019.

Pandora was obviously a worlds first and I think more hype was built for this amongst the general public than people on the boards realise.

I live in Orlando and I'm actually shocked at how many people with APs have no idea that a Star Wars expansion is coming.

Goofyernmost

I live in Orlando and I'm actually shocked at how many people with APs have no idea that a Star Wars expansion is coming.
Really, I suspect that they don't get any internet at whatever bridge that they live under. Having a problem fully believing that is even possible. Why would anyone pay that much money for an AP and then have so little interest in what is going on in the parks.

Last edited:

twebber55

yes
the numbers say this as well
some are still in denial

TP2000

That will all change by May/June 2019. Disneyland's version opens in early June (or at least I'd bet two churros it will), and there will be a massive marketing campaign and media buzz around it the likes we haven't seen in our lifetimes.

There will be the usual Disney media blitz that will encompass every TV and media outlet from Disney (And now Fox); The Today Show, ABC News, Disney Channel, Freeform, Walt Disney Studios, etc. But then everyone else will get in on it too, Good Morning America, NBC, the cable news channels, every talk show in existence, every blog in the Free World related to travel, sci-fi, or entertainment, etc., etc.

Once cameras and film crews and bloggers are allowed into the new land at Disneyland next summer, and video and information gushes forth about the spectacular new rides, the Cantina dinner theater, the shops and droids and amazing views, the coverage will be massive and blanketing. And it will all come with the tagline "A copy of this incredible new land is also being built at Walt Disney World, and it will open this Christmas!"

A year from now, everyone will know there is a new Star Wars Land in Disneyland and a clone coming to Walt Disney World by Christmas. Whether they like it or not.

brb1006

That will all change by May/June 2019. Disneyland's version opens in early June (or at least I'd bet two churros it will), and there will be a massive marketing campaign and media buzz around it the likes we haven't seen in our lifetimes.

There will be the usual Disney media blitz that will encompass every TV and media outlet from Disney (And now Fox); The Today Show, ABC News, Disney Channel, Freeform, Walt Disney Studios, etc. But then everyone else will get in on it too, Good Morning America, NBC, the cable news channels, every talk show in existence, every blog in the Free World related to travel, sci-fi, or entertainment, etc., etc.

Once cameras and film crews and bloggers are allowed into the new land at Disneyland next summer, and video and information gushes forth about the spectacular new rides, the Cantina dinner theater, the shops and droids and amazing views, the coverage will be massive and blanketing. And it will all come with the tagline "A copy of this incredible new land is also being built at Walt Disney World, and it will open this Christmas!"

A year from now, everyone will know there is a new Star Wars Land in Disneyland and a clone coming to Walt Disney World by Christmas. Whether they like it or not.
I remember when Pandora opened for it's first couple of days that area reached such massive captivity that some guests either had to go on different attractions in Animal Kingdom or visit other parks at Walt Disney World. I'm imaging the same situation to happen at both Disneyland and DHS at WDW. Especially knowing that DHS was originally intended as a working studio before becoming a theme park with rides. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think when Disneyland reached so many guests that the park would close for a couple of hours right?

May/June 2019 (Disneyland) and close to Christmas that same year (DHS) is going to be an interesting day for Cast Members at both parks for a couple of months. Knowing how massive the Star Wars community isn't helping the situation.

Just look at these opening day photos of the Harry Potter section in Islands of Adventure at Universal Orlando.
54407791.jpg

54407873.jpg

54407903.jpg

Last edited:

TP2000

Forgot to add, ten weeks after it opens at Disneyland, there will be a D23 Expo across the street at the Anaheim Convention Center, bringing more hype and info to the concept a few months before it opens in WDW.

Some folks think because Disneyland opens first in June that it will bleed off some of the demand for the WDW version in November, but I think the phased openings on each coast will only hype up the demand for WDW even more.

Timothy_Q

Forgot to add, ten weeks after it opens at Disneyland, there will be a D23 Expo across the street at the Anaheim Convention Center, bringing more hype and info to the concept a few months before it opens in WDW.
They better have something big to talk at D23 about WDW beside SW, considering we'll already have all the info we need from the DL version being open

brb1006

Some folks think because Disneyland opens first in June that it will bleed off some of the demand for the WDW version in November, but I think the phased openings on each coast will only hype up the demand for WDW even more.
Hopefully they might also finally reveal what plans they will be doing as WDW gets closer to it's 50th Anniversary.

brb1006

They better have something big to talk at D23 about WDW beside SW, considering we'll already have all the info we need from the DL version being open
I really hope D23 2019 besides SW might also focus more on WDW's 50th Anniversary. WDW used to throw massive anniversary marketing campaign and went all out in the 1990's and mid 1980's.

Soluna16

Really, I suspect that they don't get any internet at whatever bridge that they live under. Having a problem fully believing that is even possible. Why would anyone pay that much money for an AP and then have so little interest in what is going on in the parks.

A lot of people honestly don't care much about future plans beyond what's available. Pretty much all my friends have annual passes but aren't even aware of all rides on property.

MrHappy

"A copy of this incredible new land is also being built at Walt Disney World, and it will open this Christmas!"

Is your Christmas opening timing based on anything, or were you just proving a point? Sorry, I don't recall your past posts of having insider info or not. @MisterPenguin 's tracker still just notes late fall. So just wondering if there's to be an update. Thanks.
Also GMA is on ABC, Today Show is NBC ;)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is your Christmas opening timing based on anything, or were you just proving a point? Sorry, I don't recall your past posts of having insider info or not. @MisterPenguin 's tracker still just notes late fall. So just wondering if there's to be an update. Thanks.
Also GMA is on ABC, Today Show is NBC ;)

Late fall ends Dec 21. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom