Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Framework to support the Falcon has been installed...
1534540772052.png

sedati

I've brought this up on the Anaheim board and been shot down, but I am really curious about this element circled in red from Bioreconstruct's latest update:
Untitled-1.jpg

The configuration is different here than in California and seems like the rockwork that will go on this steel will be nearly impossible to see.
Why this interests me is that there is rockwork going on both sides of this. In California it was suggested this was to dress up the backside as it's visible from the street, but this is being done no where else- there is plenty of unfinished/naked steel. In Florida, that area of the parking lot is rumored to be cast only.
My theory was that there would be overflow queue in the rather large space behind there. I honestly expect the Falcon ride as well will have some sort of lightly themed switchback area tucked around the showbuilding.
Right now I find the area a curiosity, and an odd bit excess spending on what may not be seen on stage.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I've brought this up on the Anaheim board and been shot down, but I am really curious about this element circled in red from Bioreconstruct's latest update:
View attachment 304546
The configuration is different here than in California and seems like the rockwork that will go on this steel will be nearly impossible to see.
Why this interests me is that there is rockwork going on both sides of this. In California it was suggested this was to dress up the backside as it's visible from the street, but this is being done no where else- there is plenty of unfinished/naked steel. In Florida, that area of the parking lot is rumored to be cast only.
My theory was that there would be overflow queue in the rather large space behind there. I honestly expect the Falcon ride as well will have some sort of lightly themed switchback area tucked around the showbuilding.
Right now I find the area a curiosity, and an odd bit excess spending on what may not be seen on stage.
Back door into SW:GE for the Star Wars Resort???

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
View attachment 304546

Just more steel bones for more rock work...

1534550511162.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member
View attachment 304546

Probably just there to block the view of the Muppets building from inside the land.

sedati

Just more steel bones for more rock work...

View attachment 304555
Yes, of course. But this is for rockwork that won't be seen in the land proper. Even in the pic you added, there are supports for rockwork on the backside in that section. This is going on in California already. and unlike every other mountain peak, the rockwork goes fully up and over to the opposite side. All other similar formations are one sided with an open back of exposed steel.

Next Big Thing

So remember when we has that conversation about cars using that backstage road (which will be closed to anything other than guest traffic once SW:GE opens) and some people chimed in and said "...well, they don't really use that road during the day anyway"? In one of Bio's latest aerial's, I see no less than 2 golf carts (which are to be expected on a service road) and 4 commercial vehicles traversing the street:

Dk0y-MfVAAEw2UI.jpg:large

Goingdown13

So remember when we has that conversation about cars using that backstage road (which will be closed to anything other than guest traffic once SW:GE opens) and some people chimed in and said "...well, they don't really use that road during the day anyway"? In one of Bio's latest aerial's, I see no less than 2 golf carts (which are to be expected on a service road) and 4 commercial vehicles traversing the street:

A. Why not use it while you have it
B. Commercial vehicles... in a construction zone... outrageous
C. It was an island before, it'll be an island again

Maerj

I have reservations for next May, because I NEED a vacation. Like really, really bad. But seeing these pictures, I am seriously pondering if I should put it off until "Late Fall." My original thought was that I would take the wife and daughter in May for a nice relaxing vacation. Then *maybe* go back for the opening of SW land if they have a big celebrity grand opening by myself. If it would be just a regular, non celebrity attending grand opening, then I could maybe wait until Spring 2020. But I'm looking at the pictures and now I'm sort of thinking maybe I should just hold off, although I know its going to be crazy when that land opens. Hmmmmm.

Goofyernmost

I have reservations for next May, because I NEED a vacation. Like really, really bad. But seeing these pictures, I am seriously pondering if I should put it off until "Late Fall." My original thought was that I would take the wife and daughter in May for a nice relaxing vacation. Then *maybe* go back for the opening of SW land if they have a big celebrity grand opening by myself. If it would be just a regular, non celebrity attending grand opening, then I could maybe wait until Spring 2020. But I'm looking at the pictures and now I'm sort of thinking maybe I should just hold off, although I know its going to be crazy when that land opens. Hmmmmm.
I would be shocked if they didn't play the Grand Opening of SWL bigger then the end of WWII.

Chicagoshannon2

In a recent DVC interview, an Imagineer stated that guests inside the Millennium Falcon will steer the ship, fire the laser cannons, and "prepare the ship for a jump to hyperspace". I believe that last one is new.
I hate to say it but that sounds a lot like Mission Space. 4 people per vehicle each one having a task. I think I'll keep my expectations really low.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I hate to say it but that sounds a lot like Mission Space. 4 people per vehicle each one having a task. I think I'll keep my expectations really low.
In that case pity the other two Falcon riders with nothing to do.

The real time CG processing of Falcon should be very impressive if it works as planned. If anything it could make M:S look extremely dated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom