Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If SWL looks claustrophobic, it's because one isn't understanding the scale from the aerial photos. The passage ways are going to fit 15-30 people across.

1515752219247.png

Incomudro

If SWL looks claustrophobic, it's because one isn't understanding the scale from the aerial photos. The passage ways are going to fit 15-30 people across.

View attachment 255880

Yes, when I look at construction images - I keep looking for the portable toilettes for a scale of reference since they are fairly close to human size.
When you do that, the scale is very large.

hobovampire

So, 609 pages, very daunting and no faq so I'll just ask: TSL is smaller that GE, yes? As in more land at GE? I have zero spatial capabilities so I can't tell so well.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So, 609 pages, very daunting and no faq so I'll just ask: TSL is smaller that GE, yes? As in more land at GE? I have zero spatial capabilities so I can't tell so well.

TSL with TSMM included is 11 acres. SWL with berms is 14 acres. How much of the land will be accessible or taken up by rides, landscaping, berming, buildings is unknown.

pax_65

Oh, it will be claustrophobic. Partly by design and partly due to capacity.

The reaction to "The Last Jedi" makes me really nervous. Excitement around Star Wars is not declining. If anything, it's just gaining steam.

The concept could support an entire park at this point. This "land" with just a few attractions will be overwhelmed and so crowded... honestly it's difficult to even imagine. I wish they would have gone much, much bigger. :(

Jones14

The reaction to "The Last Jedi" makes me really nervous. Excitement around Star Wars is not declining. If anything, it's just gaining steam.

The concept could support an entire park at this point. This "land" with just a few attractions will be overwhelmed and so crowded... honestly it's difficult to even imagine. I wish they would have gone much, much bigger. :(
To be fair, Star Wars Land is already getting the single greatest amount of attention of any IP in any Disney park.

One mega E-ticket, one E-ticket, two restaurants, several shops, and Lord knows how many interactive experiences is a lot of Star Wars in one park. That’s without even including the existing E-ticket (which has seen regular updates since 2011), meet and greets, and shops already in the park.

Could they be building more Star Wars? Yes. Do they need to? Not right now. Even Treasure Cove falls an E-ticket short of their efforts here. What they do need is a replacement/major update for every show in the park and another ride as far away from Star Wars Land as possible.

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
To be fair, Star Wars Land is already getting the single greatest amount of attention of any IP in any Disney park.

One mega E-ticket, one E-ticket, two restaurants, several shops, and Lord knows how many interactive experiences is a lot of Star Wars in one park. That’s without even including the existing E-ticket (which has seen regular updates since 2011), meet and greets, and shops already in the park.

Could they be building more Star Wars? Yes. Do they need to? Not right now. Even Treasure Cove falls an E-ticket short of their efforts here. What they do need is a replacement/major update for every show in the park and another ride as far away from Star Wars Land as possible.
Could we get another ride on Sunset Blvd? I know nothing's been announced about it, and the Mickey ride as GMR replacement doesn't give much hope for that, but is in on the table?

TacoMann

I am excited for this just not the lines that are going to be everywhere there. Think about when Star Tours got the update and it went from having almost now wait to a wait that is an hour plus. Maybe Star Wars land will relieve some of the congestion in the rest of the park

sedati

Compared to the model the consutrciton looks quite similar except the circular building on the far rights looks to have a smaller diameter and be much taller.
That is on me. The angles are close, but the perspectives are different. I fudged it a bit, but they’re not quite lined up right. I for one believe that what we are getting is one to one with the model.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom