Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

motox7

I have been wondering, from in the land I imagine you would be able to see the tops of these soundstages and it would really take you out of the land. Are they planning on adding rock work too the top of it?
Star-Wars-Land_Full_32053.jpg

Next Big Thing

I have been wondering, from in the land I imagine you would be able to see the tops of these soundstages and it would really take you out of the land. Are they planning on adding rock work too the top of it?
View attachment 256058
I don't think you quite realize how absolutely HUGE that berm is already (before they even put trees and such on it). A human on the ground TODAY would probably barely be able to see those buildings, never mind once the project is finished.

mab7689

Apologies for being that guy as I am a new member and rooting through 609 pages won't be doable.
Is there any insider information or educated guesses on when exactly in 2019 we're looking at? I've been told elsewhere September or October is probable but wondered how accurate that is.
I'm UK based and would hate to book a visit and miss out by a fraction.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Apologies for being that guy as I am a new member and rooting through 609 pages won't be doable.
Is there any insider information or educated guesses on when exactly in 2019 we're looking at? I've been told elsewhere September or October is probable but wondered how accurate that is.
I'm UK based and would hate to book a visit and miss out by a fraction.

Actually, that's the best we got so far from our insiders, though, September would be pushing it a bit. The thing is that at this point Disney might have a target date, but there's no telling at this point whether they'd come in early and start doing previews and soft openings, or, they come in behind schedule and they open in December to coincide with the next episode.

mab7689

Actually, that's the best we got so far from our insiders, though, September would be pushing it a bit. The thing is that at this point Disney might have a target date, but there's no telling at this point whether they'd come in early and start doing previews and soft openings, or, they come in behind schedule and they open in December to coincide with the next episode.

Thanks. I'm thinking it might be best to play it safe and aim for 2020 but if there was a chance of going in 2019 and it's open.

mab7689

Honestly, do 2020.... Guaranteed to be open, and not as crazy as the first few months will be....

This is obviously financially permitting haha. I'm a teacher so it will verge on whether I'm properly employed, still on agency supply or have got a different job out of teaching altogether, and therefore whether or not I'm stuck to school holidays or can go whenever, and it's subsequent impact on the price.

UpAllNight

To enjoy both the Mickey ride and SWL I’d wait until 2020.

And imo if waiting until 2020, you may as well wait until 2021 and do a longer stay. We’re certainly using the current lineup announcements as an opportunity to see other places...starting with California (and Disneyland) this year :) It’s going to be painful waiting until 2021, but worth it for the new attractions across Disney, Uni, and hopefully Seaworld in 2021.

mab7689

If finance or fortune permits I'd like to do 2020 to experience Galaxy's Edge, Toy Story Land and the Universal developments scheduled for 2019, then go again in 2022 for Guardians of the Galaxy, Tron and Ratatouille, with possibly Nintendo at Universal too.

sedati

The quality's poor, but I found a pretty good match for another of wdwmagic's aerials over at the Orange County Register:

1515907242945.png

If I've lined thing's up correctly, then the biggest surprise to me is that the Resistance hangar (with the blue and white shuttle and Poe's X-Wing actually butts up right against the First Order Star Destroyer Hangar. This also seems to sit right on top of the odd round concrete structure that is considered to be a transition element. The red A-Wing and Blue X-Wing will sit right right in front of the tunnel, and the Resistance turret that many believe will be the start of the Battle Escape queue would be on your left just as you enter. Still not sure what that huge cylindrical thing right in the center is- seems to be meant to evoke the engine of a wreck similar to the ship that Rey scavenged from.

Thank you everyone who has been getting these great aerial shots.

sedati

Bioreconstruct has a few new aerials up today.

I'd been curious about those spires going up way in the back of the falcon building as they didn't seem visible in the model, and didn't seem to match up with my previous guess. But I found that they show up quite clearly in the Disney Parks Blog flyover due to the fact that they removed the backdrop painting and instead put a black background behind the model. Here's another comparison to help you get a lay of the land:
1515982860226.png

1515982691335.png

If anyone thinks this may be incorrect, please let me know.

On a side not, has anyone else noticed that the dome marked #10 looks a lot like R2-D2's head?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom