Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I bought a ps4 pro destiny 2 limited edition bundle......BOOOOOM

the girl wanted a ps4 and technically the pro has more terraflops than my ancient gtx 770
I did a brand new ryzen build with all the bells and whistles except gpu. wiaitng for that 1070TI.
I could actually probably get away with running it on my current rig. It has an i7 3770k and a pair of AMD 7700s in Crossfire, but without a 4k monitor, there is really no point.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
20171016_170556.jpg
20171016_170548.jpg
20171016_170536.jpg
20171016_170531.jpg
20171016_170455.jpg
I found these randomly while looking through some boxes today. Thought it would be cool to share and harken back to a simpler time when Star Wars at DHS was really special.

bclane

View attachment 238522 View attachment 238521 View attachment 238520 View attachment 238519 View attachment 238518 I found these randomly while looking through some boxes today. Thought it would be cool to share and harken back to a simpler time when Star Wars at DHS was really special.
Star Wars Weekends was one of the highlights of my life. I loved it more every time I went. I especially miss the parade and Hyperspace Hoopla the most but that's just how I feel right now. Thanks for the memories!

Last edited:

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
With DL's opening first, I think that is an advantage in one way. If there are any kinks that need to be worked out, I think that will benefit WDW's version in that they can make some changes before it opens if need be.

dreamscometrue

The article notes that...

"The Nassal Company has previously worked with competitors Universal, where it fabricated and installed all of the scenic sets for The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman at Islands of Adventure, and its faux rockwork (emphasis added), themed retail, and interior queue themeing at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter."

Doesn't Disney do it's own rockwork, usually led by Zsolt Hormay? I'm unsure who exactly did the rockwork for Carsland and Pandora, but do they typically contract out and WDI oversees?

shortstop

"The Nassal Company has previously worked with competitors Universal, where it fabricated and installed all of the scenic sets for The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman at Islands of Adventure, and its faux rockwork (emphasis added), themed retail, and interior queue themeing at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter."

Doesn't Disney do it's own rockwork, usually led by Zsolt Hormay? I'm unsure who exactly did the rockwork for Carsland and Pandora, but do they typically contract out and WDI oversees?
I’m pretty sure that for HP, Nassal primarily did the building exteriors, windows, etc. So maybe they will do this for SW while Zsolt Hormay will still lead the rockwork. Someone can correct me on this I’m sure.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Zsolt Hormay is the lead rock work designer, but it seems Nassal will actually be doing the fabrication. But this is all just guess work.

Boek68

They could change procedures but not really much physically, because it will be mostly done in FL before CA opens.
There is a lot that can be changed in terms of programing, whether it be for show or ride systems that can be changed. Much more involved than just "procedural" changes.

Sped2424

With DL's opening first, I think that is an advantage in one way. If there are any kinks that need to be worked out, I think that will benefit WDW's version in that they can make some changes before it opens if need be.
As it's been said many times before that is not enough time for any kinks on one coast to be learned from and addressed in the other. Take a look at the little mermaids opening and refurb fixs which should tell you everything you need to know.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Someone had said that the timelines for both lands have now moved up to 3 months apart? Is that at all accurate?

Comparing the progress on the battle ride show building between DL and DHS, the steel work stills seems to be 3 to 4 months apart, but the circular area at the end of the show building is further behind then that at DHS. This is about the same I have seen between the two project since DHS went vertical. It's to extrapolate that into how far apart they actually are, but I don't see any evidence that DHS is closing the gap.

I haven't seen any reason why they couldn't have scheduled things so they would open together, which leads me to believe the staggered opening is by choice but out of necessity.

matt9112

they are still spaced too close....maybe with operations but not with any real detail this isn't the wizzarding world's. 6 months is is the expected opening delay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom