Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

azox

I tried searching the forum and threads for the answer as i can't imagine this hasn't been adressed yet, but i'm afraid i missed it.

Can anyone explain the differences in the 'groundwork' (circular shapes and boomerang shapes) for the Falcon attraction in DL and DHS? Is it because of the water level/final elevation of the land and attractions?

In DL: 1 boomerang shape (right behind Battle Escape) and 2 circles)
in DHS: 2 boomerang shapes

I'm confused... ;)

Shot from the Fox broadcast of Disneyland (Freshbaked Disney)
View attachment 213849

One of the latest shots of DHS by @Bioreconstruct (the yellow arrow is not of any importance in this question)
View attachment 213850

UPDATE... from this view you can see the second 'boomerang' in DL... but the question remains... why the differences?
View attachment 213851

From what I saw the boomerang shape is underneath the circles. it looks like a channel of some sort that goes from one circle to the other. So in the DHS photo you see both because the circles have not been started yet at DHS. In the DL version you see that only one set of Circles have been completed but the other one has not.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
From what I saw the boomerang shape is underneath the circles. it looks like a channel of some sort that goes from one circle to the other. So in the DHS photo you see both because the circles have not been started yet at DHS. In the DL version you see that only one set of Circles have been completed but the other one has not.

Exactly this, two different points in the construction. You can see the boomerang under the circles.

upload_2017-7-6_10-4-23.png

Ralf

Exactly this, two different points in the construction. You can see the boomerang under the circles.

Thanks! That helped me to figure it out!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
My understanding is that it will be converted to something else, or demolished for something else. The theory being, why need a Launch Bay when you have an entire land that could integrate props or showcase upcoming SW projects?

The whole land is supposed to be a unified immersive environment, so something like the launch bay would not really fit in thematically.

socaljoeyb

@marni1971 and everyone... thanks for the info,

I have a couple of questions.

We know Alcatraz is trackless, but will it have vehicle movements such as Indy or Dinosaur or be static vehicles like Mystic Manor?

Do we know general capacities for Alcatraz and the Falcon ride?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom