Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

roj2323

We need a omnimover attraction badly in DHS. I honestly don't care what it is but the park needs something with a high capacity that's a decent ride time and enjoyable by both kids and adults. The Great Mickey Ride or whatever they end up calling it will be a step forward but there's still load and unload time unlike an omnimover that doesn't stop and isn't so cast dependent.

Ripken10

Once completed, SW land will make the opening of Pandora look like the opening of a new starbucks down the street. It's going to be record-setting packed.
While I agree it will be super crowded, and Harry Potter is popular but not as popular as Star Wars, I also not sure I agree that it will make Harry Potter opening look small. You definitely will have your die hards crowding the park, but I think many will avoid that first weekend...week...month. Sure I would love to be there when it opens, but I won't touch those crowd levels. I think a lot of people will think that way. How many people here (die hard Disney fans) plan to go to Star Wars land the first year it open - no doubt most. But how many on here will go that first weekend - I bet a large many will avoid because they saw the crowds/photos from Harry potters opening and will elect to wait hoping crowds die down. That is where we all know Star Wars land will definitely exceed Harry Potter - it will take a lot longer for the crowds to die down.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
While I agree it will be super crowded, and Harry Potter is popular but not as popular as Star Wars, I also not sure I agree that it will make Harry Potter opening look small. You definitely will have your die hards crowding the park, but I think many will avoid that first weekend...week...month. Sure I would love to be there when it opens, but I won't touch those crowd levels. I think a lot of people will think that way. How many people here (die hard Disney fans) plan to go to Star Wars land the first year it open - no doubt most. But how many on here will go that first weekend - I bet a large many will avoid because they saw the crowds/photos from Harry potters opening and will elect to wait hoping crowds die down. That is where we all know Star Wars land will definitely exceed Harry Potter - it will take a lot longer for the crowds to die down.
The line to just get into Star Wars Celebration this year stretched for 3/4 of a mile at 5:00 AM for all 4 days. That line did not include the people that camped out overnight inside the convention center. This was just a line to get wristbands for the panels for that day.

Just saying....:D

bclane

The line to just get into Star Wars Celebration this year stretched for 3/4 of a mile at 5:00 AM for all 4 days. That line did not include the people that camped out overnight inside the convention center. This was just a line to get wristbands for the panels for that day.

Just saying....:D
I know I plan on being there opening day. The day after opening day. The day after after opening day etc and I don't even care how long the lines are. Waiting in line with my brother and sister Star Wars geeks is half the fun (well maybe 5% of the fun but that is still at lot of fun!).

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I know I plan on being there opening day. The day after opening day. The day after after opening day etc and I don't even care how long the lines are. Waiting in line with my brother and sister Star Wars geeks is half the fun (well maybe 5% of the fun but that is still at lot of fun!).
I plan on being there as well.

As much of a pain in the you know what the lines and crowds were at Celebration, there is just something awesome about being there with so many other like minded people. I got to see John Williams "shush" several thousand people and that moment was worth every hour I spent in line.

I do however pitty the random tourist that shows up ot DHS that day completely unaware that SWL is opening.

bclane

I plan on being there as well.

As much of a pain in the you know what the lines and crowds were at Celebration, there is just something awesome about being there with so many other like minded people. I got to see John Williams "shush" several thousand people and that moment was worth every hour I spent in line.

I do however pitty the random tourist that shows up ot DHS that day completely unaware that SWL is opening.
You're right about that. And I have a feeling they will have to close DHS down within the first few hours due to blasting through capacity. I don't think Disney fully realizes what they have on their hands here. If they did, I think they would have built two Star Wars lands in two different parks simultaneously in Florida to try and split the crowds.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You're right about that. And I have a feeling they will have to close DHS down within the first few hours due to blasting through capacity. I don't think Disney fully realizes what they have on their hands here. If they did, I think they would have built two Star Wars lands in two different parks simultaneously in Florida to try and split the crowds.
I don't think it will make much of a difference. As much as I would like to go to both openings, the time and money to do so just is not there. I am sure there will be a handful that do both, but I have a feeling most will do one or the other.

peter11435

I think that's terrible. These rides should have been devised with a 3000 guest/hour capacity.

Like they used to build.

Did they learn nothing from Soarin' and Midway Mania? Watch as the space reserved for a 3rd Star Wars ride gets taken over by a new Battle ride track.
Do you know how many rides carry 3000 guests per hour?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think that's terrible. These rides should have been devised with a 3000 guest/hour capacity.

Like they used to build.

Did they learn nothing from Soarin' and Midway Mania? Watch as the space reserved for a 3rd Star Wars ride gets taken over by a new Battle ride track.
Are there any thrill ride types that can push 3k an hour?

Goofyernmost

Like they used to build.

In all fairness, between the two... they do have that capacity plus more. I don't think they have to be ridden in some special sequence.

bclane

I actually hope this happens (expand Battle) so that instead of adding more rides to the DHS Star Wars area, they instead build a second Star Wars planet at another one of the WDW parks. For example, how about if they built Kashyyyk at Animal Kingdom? I mean if Pandora fits (which it totally does in my book) then this could too. Besides, I like really big trees.

bclane

Do you know how many rides carry 3000 guests per hour?
After reading your post I started researching this. Very interesting stuff actually. It seems only a handful of rides go over 3000 riders per hour (or even get close to 3000 really) and these are the Haunted Mansion, Small World, POTC type rides. I don't know how accurate the numbers are that people have listed online but from what i found, it seems like the capacity for the two Star Wars rides isn't really that bad after all. Still gonna be 6 hour waits but I've waited that long for things I love a lot less than Star Wars (darn you Harry Potter!).

HauntedMansionFLA

I actually hope this happens (expand Battle) so that instead of adding more rides to the DHS Star Wars area, they instead build a second Star Wars planet at another one of the WDW parks. For example, how about if they built Kashyyyk at Animal Kingdom? I mean if Pandora fits (which it totally does in my book) then this could too. Besides, I like really big trees.
Ewok village?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom