Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

PorterRedkey

The expectation game is a tricky one.

I think I am going to ride "Alcatraz" and be impressed while having a good time! When I ride it I am not going to be calculating my best attraction scores. I will just enjoy it. Even if it is not the best in the world... or even second best.

The bar many people are sighting is that "Alcatraz" will be one of the top 5 attractions in the history of time. I really hope it is, but I just want to have a Super E-Ticket that I want to ride over and over again. Is that a top 10 attraction in the world? --- I don't care. It should be, but rankings are for awards, not average guests.

I think we will all have a great time on this ride, so I consider that a win!

CanadianGordon

I'm honestly getting excited for a trip I may take in 3 years and planning it out now... Would be doing a ton of backstage stuff...
and the big marathon as well.... All four parks in one run... God help me....
Leaving time of course for the rides that don't exist and are blue sky.... I'm having a fun time...

Sigh. Loving these reports from insiders about "Alcatraz" and more... EXCITED.

flyerjab

For the current posters ..... what does a marathon do with Star Wars land.
How people people reading a Star Wars land post come here to read about your tastes in marathons
Alcatraz the abandoned Federal Prison near San Francisco ? What does that have to do with Star Wars Land.

Is there any moderators on the board ?
My thoughts if members can not stay on topic the thread should be closed or edited.

Is there any news or rumors on Star Wars Land.

Answer is No.... post nothing until there is news or rumors.

Alcatraz is the code word for the mega E-Ticket in the Star Wars Land expansion.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
For the current posters ..... what does a marathon do with Star Wars land.
How people people reading a Star Wars land post come here to read about your tastes in marathons
Alcatraz the abandoned Federal Prison near San Francisco ? What does that have to do with Star Wars Land.

Is there any moderators on the board ?
My thoughts if members can not stay on topic the thread should be closed or edited.

Is there any news or rumors on Star Wars Land.

Answer is No.... post nothing until there is news or rumors.

It would be a full time job for the moderators to watch every thread and delete every off topic post. If you feel posts are disrupting the topic of a thread use the report button to bring them to the attention of the moderators. A couple off topic posts here and there aren't the end of the world, it only becomes a problem when way off topic discussion starts going on for multiple pages.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Code words .....

You got to be kidding, who has time or cares to learn code words..
Alcatraz is the nickname used by WDI for the main attraction. Since it's an internal company name it doesn't really matter if you like or understand it or not.

I will just stop coming to this board..
Feel free. No ones making you stay.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Safe to assume that you just listed your top 6 of things you've experienced? I haven't done Mystic Manor, but would add in Kilimanjaro Safaris on any list I created as well as WDW's Splash Mountain. Journey to the Center of the Earth would fall just outside for me, even though it might be the best themed ride I've ever experienced.

Roaring Rapids is running again, fwiw.

Yes, the bar is high, but so is the budget and so are the stakes. Perhaps two top 5 attractions in the world is a tough bar, but if one isn't in the top 5 and the other isn't in the conversation for top 10 then it's not going to look good. The entirety of the land has to be better than Diagon, Africa, Mysterious Island, American Waterfront and Cars Land and two major E tickets along with incredible theming should clinch that.

What about Dinoland USA? My world rankings for the rides - Triceratops Spin #3 (also where my youngest was born, so I'm a bit biased, but we can all agree it is a fantastic ride), Spinny Meteor Vomitron #5 (thrills galore) and the Megadeth themed Dinosaur ride, Countdown to Extinction (#11, just behind Magic Carpets of Aladdin which gets a bump because of its perfect placement).

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Here is a video from the DLR to give you an idea what the DHS project will look like soon since the two builds are supposed to be identical.

That round foundation is really interesting. Looks like an opening on the outside of it, and multiple round foundations.

upload_2017-2-1_17-33-34.png

Unplugged

That round foundation is really interesting. Looks like an opening on the outside of it, and multiple round foundations.

Hard to tell, but the inner forms/rebar appear to be ramping up/down in the spiral spiral, making me think it either ramps up or ramps down. Knowing WDW/FL water tables, if the designs are the same it would have to ramp up from an entry. Or is it a tiered foundation for the a centrifuge system for the Falcon simulator ala Mission: Space? Curious indeed.

roj2323

View attachment 187302

One thing's for sure whatever it is it's going to be holding up something really ridiculously heavy. That's an epic crap ton of 1inch rebar and way more than the straight wall segment to the left of this in the video so it's not for seismic reasons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom