Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

PREMiERdrum

I've never seen them at WDW, but I've had them plenty of other places in FLA. Oddly enough, the best gator I've ever had actually comes from a place up here in central Ohio... a cajun joint opened by a Lafayette, Louisiana transplant.

roj2323

Empty space. Possible future expansion. Backstage service road.
Are they at least fixing the back stage asscess issue in that area? I've heard rumor that the tunnel / view block between TSL and SWL will double as an access bridge to the area behind GMR / ABC commissary. This will allow them to get service vehicles in that area during park hours. Most notably i'm talking about the garbage trucks.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Are they at least fixing the back stage asscess issue in that area? I've heard rumor that the tunnel / view block between TSL and SWL will double as an access bridge to the area behind GMR / ABC commissary. This will allow them to get service vehicles in that area during park hours. Most notably i'm talking about the garbage trucks.
I've seen nothing about a bridge. From what I'm aware of it'll be an at grade guest pathway crossing, just before the TSL side of the tunnel, with themed gates blocking backstage road views / access.

Princess Leia

So, what are the chances that the Episode VIII teaser trailer will debut with Rogue One? The Force Awakens had it's first teaser (the really short one) come out in December 2014, about a year before the film came out. It feels a little weird to a) not have a name for Ep.8 yet and b) not know any details of it (though we didn't know anything about TFA either).

Rodan75

So, what are the chances that the Episode VIII teaser trailer will debut with Rogue One? The Force Awakens had it's first teaser (the really short one) come out in December 2014, about a year before the film came out. It feels a little weird to a) not have a name for Ep.8 yet and b) not know any details of it (though we didn't know anything about TFA either).

I think they are working off the theory that there is only 1 SW movie at a time. So limited info on the next one until the current one is in theatres for at least a week, to avoid brand/movie confusion. I can't imagine we will know the name of Ep VIII until Xmas/ January and no teaser until the Superbowl or BatB.

Princess Leia

I think they are working off the theory that there is only 1 SW movie at a time. So limited info on the next one until the current one is in theatres for at least a week, to avoid brand/movie confusion. I can't imagine we will know the name of Ep VIII until Xmas/ January and no teaser until the Superbowl or BatB.
The Super Bowl brings up an interesting point- which of Disney's brands will be featured? 2017 is a busy year for them.

Disney- Beauty and the Beast (March) and Pirates 5 (May)

Marvel- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 comes out in May, Spider-Man: Homecoming comes out in July, and Thor: Ragnarok will be released in November.

Pixar has Cars 3 in June and Coco in November.

Lucasfilm has Star Wars in December.

If Disney jumps in the commercial game, I can absolutely see Star Wars getting a teaser, but I can also see them having a full length Cars trailer, full length GOTG trailer (or just have a teaser + dancing baby Groot in the corner of the screen during the game), or a teaser for Pirates (since Jack Sparrow wasn't in the first teaser).

Earl Sweatpants

The Super Bowl brings up an interesting point- which of Disney's brands will be featured? 2017 is a busy year for them.

Disney- Beauty and the Beast (March) and Pirates 5 (May)

Marvel- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 comes out in March, Spider-Man: Homecoming comes out in July, and Thor: Ragnarok will be released in November.

Pixar has Cars 3 in June and Coco in November.

Lucasfilm has Star Wars in December.

If Disney jumps in the commercial game, I can absolutely see Star Wars getting a teaser, but I can also see them having a full length Cars trailer, full length GOTG trailer (or just have a teaser + dancing baby Groot in the corner of the screen during the game), or a teaser for Pirates (since Jack Sparrow wasn't in the first teaser).
I feel like at the least we'll get a new Depp-filled teaser/trailer for Pirates 5.

Although now that I think about it, I feel like that might come with Rouge One instead.

Kman101

I can't believe we're still getting a Pirates 5. I think it's time to move on ... I'm sure it will do OK but I have to admit I think that franchise has passed. It just seems sort of random to see "Pirates 5" ....

Beauty and the Beast will be huge IMO. HUGE.

I also think Rogue One will do amazing. It won't be like Force Awakens so I hope Disney peppers it's expectations but no on their right mind should be worried about that film and the future of Star Wars films because of it. JMO.

Anyway ... back to the land ....

Are two rides actually enough? Yes, they may be incredible but I just feel like they're already setting themselves up to have the same problems they do now with not enough to do. Swirling Saucers and Slinky Dog aren't enough either.

erider

I sure hope there is no more budget cutting on these Star Wars lands, since they already cut the third ride and it looks like the new Toy Story land will be nothing special.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom