Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think you are misunderstanding. I didn't saying it cannot be built upon. I am saying that according to @marni1971 the way Star Wars is being build, it "cuts off" access to the southeast corner. Which means to use it for on stage and allow guest flow to the area, they would have to tear down buildings that will be build for Star Wars.

Maybe plans have been modified and this is no longer the case. Admittedly, Martin's drawing seems to me to allow for some potential guest access to that corner in the future, but he's the one who has said it and I trust him unless he says he's learned something new.
I think they could probably add something Star Wars related. It would be hard to imagine adding something else and still have enough room to create a buffer between the new area and SWL.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think the top expansion pad closer to TSMm could possibly be used for something Pixar related if they reopened the Pixar Place walkway. The back corner one would have to be Star Wars related. It's too small and hard to get to for a unique theme. What is that building that survived the demo? Could that potentially go as well to make the expansion pad a little bigger?

i think your exp pad in front will be a berm
exp pad to left definitely

The large building is park operations support, the small green building is the newly built pargo maintenance building.

View attachment 178043

So in a future phase both could pretty easily be relocated to gain additional expansion space.

I should add there are several sizeable and rather chunky buildings yet to be built in the south west area near to World Drive. These are support / BOH facilities and could impact any future plans for this area.

Marni what are your sources? You seem to have a lot of info. I do as well, possibly more than you, however due to how tight this info is, I won't reveal it. However, where do you hear everything you've posted?
There is NO coaster in SWL. That's a rumour made up by a troll to get people like @Siren to believe them. Just to be clear.

The land will have one simulator style ride and one ride style ride. The former will be a ride vehicle as opposed to a pure Star Tours style simulator.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Marni what are your sources?
You'll understand I'm not about to say. I also sometimes play things deliberately vague in order to protect things and to retain the trust and respect I hopefully have from others.

What I post is also what I believe to be true at that time. As we know things can and do change.

However I do trust what I post, and I have good reason to believe it. I don't post about every rumour or heresay that I come across. Nor do I post everything I could. It's not a one man show!

Last edited:

Monoblanco13

As promised. I`m being deliberately vague again with detail, but placement and scale are correct.

White are buildings, blue is the extent of the onstage area:

View attachment 177952
Any possibility of you adding TSL to this as well? I know I ask for much, though I am having issues visualizing the utilized space. I understand if its not possible, thanks in advance. Side note how is SGE Tribute coming along?

Goofyernmost

I think you are misunderstanding. I didn't saying it cannot be built upon. I am saying that according to @marni1971 the way Star Wars is being build, it "cuts off" access to the southeast corner. Which means to use it for on stage and allow guest flow to the area, they would have to tear down buildings that will be build for Star Wars.

Maybe plans have been modified and this is no longer the case. Admittedly, Martin's drawing seems to me to allow for some potential guest access to that corner in the future, but he's the one who has said it and I trust him unless he says he's learned something new.
I don't disagree, but, in all likelihood they have no intention of doing anything back there. They still need backstage to make the show work. However, if they did decide they wanted to use it, even if it meant tearing something else out, they would do it. In other words, there is no such thing as they can't use that area. I wouldn't be surprised if that temporary bridge remains and that is used for easier backstage access as well. My statement was more of a general one then a specific one.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Any possibility of you adding TSL to this as well? I know I ask for much, though I am having issues visualizing the utilized space. I understand if its not possible, thanks in advance. Side note how is SGE Tribute coming along?
I've done a similar top down composite for TSL. It must be in that thread.

SGE is looking and sounding very very good :)

phi2134

I should add there are several sizeable and rather chunky buildings yet to be built in the south west area near to World Drive. These are support / BOH facilities and could impact any future plans for this area.

What are your opinions in terms of immersive/quality environment between DLs version and WDW? Will one be superior to the other or will the be pretty similar?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom