Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

P_Radden

Insiders seem to think Star Tours will be rethemed with a new concept at some point following the opening of Star Wars land. I wanted a connected path too, but it doesn't seem to be in the cards.
I wonder if the concept for re-theming Star Tours would tie in with whatever will eventually become of Backlot Express?

G00fyDad

I wonder if the concept for re-theming Star Tours would tie in with whatever will eventually become of Backlot Express?

Probably since they are right next to each other. (Just don't post an aerial photo with this idea or you'll flip some people out and they won't be able to handle it. :) )

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Moved my last post over to the right thread.... is it too far fetched to hold out hope that an extended exit from star tours would "transport" you to then new star wars land (after the ride is over, you walk through a cue to a back entrance to the land? I'd just hate to see Start Tours leave :(

I highly doubt this will happen.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Moved my last post over to the right thread.... is it too far fetched to hold out hope that an extended exit from star tours would "transport" you to then new star wars land (after the ride is over, you walk through a cue to a back entrance to the land? I'd just hate to see Start Tours leave :(
I'll say again then! It's too far fetched.

The area immediately south of the MuppetVision exit and beyond will all be backstage.

Siren

Read again. The rotation should not be perceptible it will be that slow.
Hi @marni1971! Oh wow, it sounds like the Garden Grill sans food. Hopefully, this will translate into a longer ride experience with a duration of at least ten minutes.

Not to mention, the slow rotation will allow for riders to aim more accurately at the target(s) and feel more relaxed and immersed in the ride versus the hasty, rushed experience you get in rides like Buzz and TSM.

The boat ride in AK is slow, too. So...

It's the first line of each movie: "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away." Just before the crawl starts.
Hi @TiggerDad! I have never watched any of the Star Wars movies with the exception of TFA. But, I have seen the beginning part, so I really have no excuses. I can't even recall this part in TFA, but I'm sure it was there. LOL!

JohnWD

Hi @marni1971! Oh wow, it sounds like the Garden Grill sans food. Hopefully, this will translate into a longer ride experience with a duration of at least ten minutes.

Not to mention, the slow rotation will allow for riders to aim more accurately at the target(s) and feel more relaxed and immersed in the ride versus the hasty, rushed experience you get in rides like Buzz and TSM.

The boat ride in AK is slow, too. So...

Hi @TiggerDad! I have never watched any of the Star Wars movies with the exception of TFA. But, I have seen the beginning part, so I really have no excuses. I can't even recall this part in TFA, but I'm sure it was there. LOL!

Nice avatar!

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
@marni1971 could the layoffs significantly change these plans as 74 seemed to suggest?

I do find it rather amusing that an individual who has been named as someone axed was the same person heading up the GMR to Great MICKEY Ride trackless conversion. No, I don't know whether it is true or not. If so, it does give pause whether this will happen or happen in the timeline that people here seem to believe.

Bacon

Insiders seem to think Star Tours will be rethemed with a new concept at some point following the opening of Star Wars land. I wanted a connected path too, but it doesn't seem to be in the cards.
Tron simulator!
giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom