Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

wdizneew

Your coaster is far too big.

Sorry, should've stated that this is an approximation. I was using MS Paint so it was already hard enough to get the lines in the shape of the layout (especially with a mouse!). I just wanted to get my mind off work for a bit so drawing was like therapy for me haha. I need a Disney vacation soon.....

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I understand that the muppets will be between swl and star tours, but isn't it possible they will build some type of corridor behind muppets to connect them? It really makes no sense to not have star tours part of swl.

Going behind would be tricky because it would cut off backstage access to the restaurants along there. They also could not make the connection until the entrance road is moved. Creating access down New York Street would also be tricky since you would be creating a path that cuts across a SW themed area to get to another land and there is not a lot of room there to properly handle the transitions. If Disney was really worried about connecting Star Tours I think they would have just sacrificed Muppets, or moved it.

deere839

Going behind would be tricky because it would cut off backstage access to the restaurants along there. They also could not make the connection until the entrance road is moved. Creating access down New York Street would also be tricky since you would be creating a path that cuts across a SW themed area to get to another land and there is not a lot of room there to properly handle the transitions. If Disney was really worried about connecting Star Tours I think they would have just sacrificed Muppets, or moved it.
Are they still moving the road for tolls or did that get scrapped

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
It is certain that Star Tours will be re-themed or might it live on as a Star Wars ride in a second land in the park?

Two things I want to buy on eBay... Star Tours simulator and monorail train... Lol. Imagine using simulator as a "man cave". Hey you guys wanna watch Star Wars? :)

Herc11

It's reasonably close I'd say:

View attachment 138614
This is 14.03 Acres And as a bonus SOA is left fairly intact

This is illustrating something I have been wondering for a while. The total area of SOA, LMA, Catastrophe Canyon, HISTK playground, and the BLT complex seems to be much larger than the 14 acres rumored for SWL. Is it possible some of that space could be used for future expansions? It's hard to imagine Disney going for it, but I'd love to see them increase the park's Muppet presence into a fully developed land by expanding into the SOA and the playground as would be possible in this scenario.

gmajew

I hate to see Star tours go because I love the ride, but once everything else opens if it is part of the Phase 3 plussing of other areas of the park into new experiences then I am ok with it.

If it just goes dark and disappears then that sucks but I have to assume that this park still needs the ride capacity and will need it online to help eat traffic for when the new areas are built. Can not see them closing it with the influx of crowds coming not at first...

indyumd

Its going to be so long before SWL opens, I'm not gonna get too worked up about a plan now to retheme Star Tours. If the 3-4 Star Wars movies that will release during the SWL build all hit, I'm sure that decision will be re-considered.

If we've learned anything in the last year or so, Disney certainly wants to make the absolute most out of the Star Wars IP.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This is illustrating something I have been wondering for a while. The total area of SOA, LMA, Catastrophe Canyon, HISTK playground, and the BLT complex seems to be much larger than the 14 acres rumored for SWL. Is it possible some of that space could be used for future expansions? It's hard to imagine Disney going for it, but I'd love to see them increase the park's Muppet presence into a fully developed land by expanding into the SOA and the playground as would be possible in this scenario.

This is 14 acres. There will be some space in the corner depending on how far into that corner TSL extends.

upload_2016-4-20_16-6-9-png.138612

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom