Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

BrianLo

It's probably true that SWL will wrap around a bit more. It's very likely their artwork is just off.

Here's perhaps a more accurate version. I used the NEW Toy Story artwork here

disneys-hollywood-studios-star-wars-toy-story-land-new-jpg.138611

Awesome job! Can you slightly swing and stretch out SWL a tad? Then I think you've got it pretty much aligned.

26547351925_4254ba5e26_o.jpg

Jaison

How does Star Wars connect to Muppets, I wonder

I think that is why the small corridor of the Streets of America still exists. That will be the entrance to the land from that area. Still unsure if Muppets will connect around the other side as well. It doesnt appear to ....

jt04

Star Tours is gone. Sorry. Makes no sense to keep the attraction separate from the main land. Same problem at Disneyland.

Nowhere near the same as DL. We know DL' s conversion may not work at WDW so I think the odds favor Star Tours staying.

jt04

I think that is why the small corridor of the Streets of America still exists. That will be the entrance to the land from that area. Still unsure if Muppets will connect around the other side as well. It doesnt appear to ....

Logic says ST will connect to SWL utilizing the central SoA corridor.

Rodan75

Why do you say that? It looks like an extremely well themed land that will actually be bigger the Pandora.

I agree it will be well themed. And I'm still looking forward to it, but when it was over at Echo seemed like it would include both Jedi Academy and ST, making it 4 attractions plus the themeing. Now it is 2. There was no mention of either Star Tours of Jedi Academy which means they could both go, or be stranded away from SWL, neither seems like a great solution.

But I like the comments around the bar and restaurant, which I think will add more to my enjoyment of the finished product.

BrianLo

Even more accurate. Just ignore the BAH

disneys-hollywood-studios-star-wars-toy-story-land-overlay-jpg.138617

Perfect! Thanks.

I agree it will be well themed. And I'm still looking forward to it, but when it was over at Echo seemed like it would include both Jedi Academy and ST, making it 4 attractions plus the themeing. Now it is 2. There was no mention of either Star Tours of Jedi Academy which means they could both go, or be stranded away from SWL, neither seems like a great solution.

But I like the comments around the bar and restaurant, which I think will add more to my enjoyment of the finished product.

I believe you will still see a Jedi Academy of sorts incorporated. A third attraction is eventually planned behind A-SS (thanks for that @RSoxNo1!) and Slinky.

G WDW

It's interesting that we have (mock-up) video of 2 rides from SWE, an area that has at the very least 2 full years until completion. Yet we still only have a few concept images of the Banshee flight simulator and the boat ride in Pandora, a land that has been under construction for several years and is supposed to open next year This isn't necessarily bad, just very interesting. Also, is it just me or is anyone wondering if the rock-work is going to be brown or a steel gray color.

G WDW

Also, I don't think the possibility of phase 3 is out the window. If SWL was going to be around Echo Lake and Phase 3 was going to be back by SOA and LMA, why can't phase 3 just go near Echo Lake and possibly extend the border of the park? Despite our complaining, WDW is not dumb. I highly doubt they put SWL in a spot that completely prevented a Phase 3, especially since there have been rumors and talk about Phase 3 for awhile. My personal idea/opinion is that WDW decided to get SWL in ASAP (which we all seem to agree on) to make money ASAP instead of trying to develop Phase 3 along with SWL. I'm thinking/hoping that WDW is going to focus on getting SWL/SWE (and TSL) up and running, and hopefully by seeing the boatloads of money it brings them, they use that money to do phase 3 in the echo lake area and/or expanding outwards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom