Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

ToTBellHop

I think we can blame Universal for all this IP Land Craze. It's because of the success of WWOHP and DA that we are getting Avatar LAnd and SWL and TSL.... I personally like your ideas better.
At least Universal builds some new rides for its IPs. Although, yes, two of the three new rides built over in Hogsmeade were just modest overlays (and in one case, I think they ruined an incredible queue).

doctornick

So, going back to the set up regarding Star Tours... I know I've discussed how ST could be connected to a greater Star Wars land located in the current SoA/LMA area. But the reality is that I don't think they would go to the trouble of connecting them. And that's okay IMHO -- I actually think it might be ideal with keeping Star Tours as a separate entity in a separate land. I think a great idea would be to just retheme Star Tours as a second Star Wars area, themed to a specific different planet and different timeframe. Specifically, why not make it themed to Tatooine at the time of the original trilogy, which means extending the aesthetic of Tatooine Traders to the entire ride with some possible smaller additional content in the area (the new M&G that is near the bathrooms can become Star Wars themed, maybe using Sounds Dangerous or Backlot Express as part of the mini-land); one reason I like the idea of the desert of Tatooine is that it can also be combined with a new Indiana Jones ride set in a similar desert area (e.g. Egypt) so that the mini-lands can flow into each other.

Just my thought for a simple aesthetically pleasing re-do that keeps a popular ride around.

Goofyernmost

I hope they retheme star tours to a ride where you like travel through the human body. Call it... Body Battles. Or Physical Wars. Or another name.

;)
Wait... I have a name for that... they could call it Body Wars (combining the two). I think it's a sure winner. I don't think it's ever been done before either. :)

mikeh

Isn't he standing in Streets of America? Perhaps I'm wrong. It's blurry.

It sure looks like he is.

Yes. It looks like the building in the right side of the picture is the facade next to the (now demolished) Premier Theater.

Edit: So R2 would be near the end of San Francisco street

r2.png

StreetsOfAmerica_04072016-5.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom