Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

doctornick

I was referring to this photo:
image-jpeg.137530

New York Street would be wider, so I guess that would be better - like you said it worked for Osbourne Light Displays . I am just having trouble picturing where you would get into the "Muppets courtyard" if SWL took up all of NY street. Would there just be an opening from SWL to the Muppet's area? I am anxious to find out what is going to happen with this land and this park.

In my mind, there would be two entrances to the Muppets -- one near where Tattooine Traders is, just like now (or maybe re-configuring
things to enter from around Sci-Fi via a path that bypasses Star Wars to get to the Muppets) and a second entrance around the back near where the Premiere Theater was.

Other side of what? All the way over by Toy Story? There will need to be an actual entrance to Star Wars Land. With the elaborate rock work and the overall look based on the concept art I can't see them having the big dramatic reveal for entering the land being an alleyway behind some buildings.

The entrance to Cars Land from It's a Bug's Land isn't nearly as impressive as the other two ways into Cars Land. For guest flow, it makes sense to have multiple paths of ingress and egress and not all will have the "dramatic reveal" of the main entrance to a land.

Regardless of all of our talk about possibly connecting Star Tours to the rest of the Star Wars stuff* (which I don't think will happen even though I like to blue sky about it), Star Wars land will have three entrances it seems -- one from Toy Story, one from around Star Tours/Sci Fi Dine In and one from the Muppets around where the Premiere Theater used to be.

*assuming Star Wars goes into the SoA/LMA area as many seem to think now

dreamscometrue

I disagree that GotG was a forgetful movie. It was a great movie and deserves a theme park presence. Frozen also deserves a theme park presence just not where they're planning either one.
As does Zootopia. I saw it this weekend and loved it. I just kept thinking of the types of attractions that could be created...lots to choose from in terms of 'settings' from that movie.

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
First time posting but have read the boards for a long time. Not an insider at all but someone who has worked for the company for many years some time ago. First, I think the simplest theory is that Star Tours will NOT connect to SWL. Truly there is no need. Star Tours is its own thing just as SWL will be its own. People are fooling themselves thinking Disney will spend money creating an alley, or tunnel, passage into the new land. Second, if Indy and Echo Lake will be the Phase 3 pad, who says that more Star Wars wouldn't be in the cards. Based on the success of Force and the buzz over the Rogue trailer...I can easily seeing more Star Wars vs. a different IP. That would make Star Tours connection to the new land moot. It's just a bit early create all these elaborate stretches of the imagination to make Star Tours connect to SWL...I just don't think Disney sees it as an issue.
Unless I've been misunderstanding this thread, the general consensus seems to be SWL in Echo Lake and SoA is Phase 3, or SWL in SoA and no changes to Echo Lake.

dreamscometrue

This is what makes this all the more confusing, even the people who claim to have information don't agree. @SirLink is saying that this configuration was never considered.
Here's what I've learned since being on these boards 11 years...I'll believe the rumors when I see the attraction actually being built, and I'll judge them myself when I experience them. There has always been conflicting information, even with the few well connected insiders. Sometimes their sources have different info, and of course, plans very, very, very often change. I remember being super excited when I read from a reliable source that the Monsters Inc door coaster was green lit...that was 2008! Still waiting. The next year, I read that the B.A.H. was coming down. That did happen...6 years later! Believe it, when you see it. :)

Disneyhead'71

My predictions:

SWL goes into LMA/Canyon plot. Star Tours is not connected. It stays open through the initial grand opening crush of Star Wars fans. After that it is closed and rethemed into a family friendly IP that meshes well with The Muppets. Probably talking animal related. Indy Show has a new non-Indy E Ticket drop on it like it's the Wicked Witch of the East.

BTW, TSMM is now the only ride in the park that hasn't had a GotG overlay rumor.

CaptainAmerica

My predictions:

SWL goes into LMA/Canyon plot. Star Tours in not connected. It stays open through the initial grand opening crush of Star Wars fans. After that it is closed and rethemed into a family friendly IP that meshes well with The Muppets. Probably talking animal related. Indy Show has a new non-Indy E Ticket drop on it like it's the Wicked Witch of the East.

BTW, TSMM is now the only ride in the park that hasn't had a GotG overlay rumor.
I'll buy that.

SCOTLORR

As far as what Star Tours could be re-themed to, I love the idea of UP. Make the simulators look like Mr. Frederickson's living room and then fly through paradise falls with an encounter with that evil guy with the talking dogs. I know that would separate two pixar IPs but i feel like this could work great.

SirLink

For all possible rethemes of ST just to note it would have to work in DL TL as well ... so no talking animals.

Last edited:

PorterRedkey

For all rethemes of ST just to note it would have to work in DL TL as well ... so no talking animals. It seems as though every WDFA has a sequel coming out in the next 5 years.
I thought that DL was rumored to get the Iron Man overlay. That can't be done at DHS, so that leaves Star Tours open for a unique/different IP. I just don't see a good fit currently.

Mawg

my bet for what happens to Star Tours is watch closely what Disneyland does. Whatever Disneyland gets DHS gets. It will remain a clone as it is much cheaper to just use the same movies for both. Disney likes cheaper.

SCOTLORR

my bet for what happens to Star Tours is watch closely what Disneyland does. Whatever Disneyland gets DHS gets. It will remain a clone as it is much cheaper to just use the same movies for both. Disney likes cheaper.
But if what DL gets is the Iron Man ride, they're going to be forced to doing something else at DHS. Doesn't matter how much cheaper it is if it goes against a contract.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom