Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

RSoxNo1

I thought that DL was rumored to get the Iron Man overlay. That can't be done at DHS, so that leaves Star Tours open for a unique/different IP. I just don't see a good fit currently.
That is 100% speculative as far as I know. It's fans logically reaching a conclusion. As Guardians of the tower and Hall of Muppets tell us, all logic has left the Parks and Resorts division.

RSoxNo1

Probably more chance of Horizons being rebuilt.
Horizons Century 3... my dream.

Chapek is operating the parks like he would merchandise. Cross promotions and mash ups of disconnected things like Cars and Star Wars. Nothing is sacred other than the dollar.

2013-05-18-6393.jpg

jt04

I would love to know the official opening timetables for these two lands. I would think they would want them to open simultaneously. But what's the point of having one property (Disneyland) just four to six months ahead of the other property (DHS)? I don't understand that strategy.

Here's the current state of Star Wars Land demolition in Disneyland, with many original 1955 "backstage" buildings demolished and the original 1955 railroad berm deforested and being graded away. The buildings in the right foreground are next to be bulldozed this week, as that's the general location of the exterior queue and X-wing fighters for the "Battle Escape" E-Ticket, per the maps available online.
IMG_3284-X3.jpg

It's very hard to tell what the current status of the DHS land is like. Doesn't anyone have a drone they can send up?!? Or has demolition at DHS really not yet begun anywhere except Catastrophe Canyon?

I still think there is someone out there who wants DL to be the #1 theme park in the world for at least one year.

jt04

I'm honestly not expecting a ton of new announcements next year besides announced opening year/season for swl and tsl and more details on the lands themselves. I'm hoping they'll announce something else at dhs and start of a new era at Epcot but I'm not sure they'll be ready to. Not sure what else they'd talk about with no new park opening (maybe the frozen land and nfl Tokyo version but they may have there own d23 I'm not sure about them)

I expect all divisions to be functioning so well by then, including ESPN and Shanghai that the board will back Iger 100%. And I have always believed Iger loves investing in the parks but had to get everything in order first. IMO.

Mike S

Personally think you will see it in Animal Kingdom to act as their 'Fantasyland'
Sure Zootopia has animals but they're pretty much living in the modern world which would be a big departure from the rest of Animal Kingdom.

Well, most of it.
I still think there is someone out there who wants DL to be the #1 theme park in the world for at least one year.
Especially after Star Wars Disneyland will always be the number one park. So much to do in one place without spending extra to park hop.

dreamscometrue

I don't like the idea, but a train simulator a la Hogwarts Express seems the direction they would take in DAK.
I was thinking that while watching the movie, but I thought that would seem like a direct copy of Hogwart's Express, and I thought DHS. DAK never entered my mind for this type of attraction.

Stitch1804

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I would love this if done right. It was a phenomenal movie and deserves a presence in the parks. Plus, it gives AK more to do. I'm worried about it because I feel like the expansion just isn't enough to make it a full day park.

I was actually seeing Zootopia replacing Dinoland USA. I don't know for the other people here, but I was never a big fan of that land.

RSoxNo1

I'd be hesitant to put a Jungle Book ride in Asia, but there is precedent in the Animal Kingdom. I could see a dark ride using the live action movie as it's inspiration, but not the animated movie. Festival of the Lion King uses both the animated movie and a bit of the Broadway show, but it's a delicate balance in a park that looks as good as the Animal Kingdom.

Mike S

I'd be hesitant to put a Jungle Book ride in Asia, but there is precedent in the Animal Kingdom. I could see a dark ride using the live action movie as it's inspiration, but not the animated movie. Festival of the Lion King uses both the animated movie and a bit of the Broadway show, but it's a delicate balance in a park that looks as good as the Animal Kingdom.
Live action would be the way to go.

Of course it'll never happen in AK. Chappie will put it in MK since there's already a "Jungle ride" that could use a little infusion to sell some merchandise :devilish:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom