Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Mawg

But if what DL gets is the Iron Man ride, they're going to be forced to doing something else at DHS. Doesn't matter how much cheaper it is if it goes against a contract.
I don't believe any Marvel will be going in Disneyland's Tomorrowland. They have other plans to put Marvel in DCA, which also rules out GotG. I think it also rules out Pigs in Space as it's not the best fit for Tomorrowland either. Incredibles does not fit either. It's either not going to be based on an existing IP or maybe it will be Big Hero 6.

SCOTLORR

I don't believe any Marvel will be going in Disneyland's Tomorrowland. They have other plans to put Marvel in DCA, which also rules out GotG. I think it also rules out Pigs in Space as it's not the best fit for Tomorrowland either. Incredibles does not fit either. It's either not going to be based on an existing IP or maybe it will be Big Hero 6.
How about Wall-E?

Mawg

How about Wall-E?
would be cute and may work! The problem I have with a lot of IP's going into StarTours, is part of the fun is that it is never the same. Not a lot of IP's can bring that diversity. Disney may choose to go with an IP and just scrap a lot of the Random scenes. Who knows they may even bulldoze it, but it is not in their track record to bulldoze something that can get repurposed. But, I really do not believe they will spend the money to make this a unique attraction, it'll be a clone. Hopefully they prove me wrong, but I doubt it.

SCOTLORR

would be cute and may work! The problem I have with a lot of IP's going into StarTours, is part of the fun is that it is never the same. Not a lot of IP's can bring that diversity. Disney may choose to go with an IP and just scrap a lot of the Random scenes. Who knows they may even bulldoze it, but it is not in their track record to bulldoze something that can get repurposed. But, I really do not believe they will spend the money to make this a unique attraction, it'll be a clone. Hopefully they prove me wrong, but I doubt it.
Yeah I agree that anything new probably wouldn't have the various scenes that makes every experience different. That'll probably be a loss with a re-theming

doctornick

That's one of the things I think would work with GotG as an option -- you could have different scenes where you interact with different characters. And they could certainly have different locales like Xandar, Knowhere, the Kree homeworld (Hala), on the Milano, fighting Ronan's ship The Dark Aster, encountering the Ravagers/Yondu, (options which will be expanded upon with GotG Vol 2).

doctornick

I thought that DL was rumored to get the Iron Man overlay. That can't be done at DHS, so that leaves Star Tours open for a unique/different IP. I just don't see a good fit currently.

There's no clear basis for the rumor other than armchair imagineering. Also, the Iron Man ride is set in Hong Kong, so it might have to be modified to fit for Anaheim -- if they were doing that, they might as well just develop the same ride for DL and DHS as a replacement.

Aren't they adding a new Nemo ride in Tokyo using the ride system (replacing Storm Rider)? It would be an odd fit for Tomorrowland, but maybe that is being considered.

Mawg

That's one of the things I think would work with GotG as an option -- you could have different scenes where you interact with different characters. And they could certainly have different locales like Xandar, Knowhere, the Kree homeworld (Hala), on the Milano, fighting Ronan's ship The Dark Aster, encountering the Ravagers/Yondu, (options which will be expanded upon with GotG Vol 2).
I like the idea but it's a lot of money to spend on producing all of those clips and not use it at Disneyland too. I'm only trying to think about it logically and keep my personal preferences aside.

Mike S

The main ride for DCA's Marvel Land will be Captain America so in my mind it wouldn't be that out of place to separate it from Guardians.

ToTBellHop

I don't know if that was every actually a rumor, or just armchair Imagineering.
Given the increasing likelihood that our own Star Tours will get rethemed, there is a diminishing risk of DL's getting the Iron Man retheme. Given that it would take a good deal of work to set the Iron Man ride in California, it would make more sense to go with a concept that they can also roll out in Florida around 2020-2021. Folks should relax, though. We should get another 5 years or so out of The Adventures Continue. And we've already had five years. After being here for 10 years (and 32 years overall), it'll be time for something else. I just hope it's a good fit. When we have a full-blown Star Wars Land, that quaint Ewok village will look quite ridiculous.

olie64

How about they do the right thing and drop all this Chapek driven makeover nonsense and build new rides for their beloved IPs properly. Like they used to. GotG. Big6. Zooptopia. Wall-E. Each gets its own unique, purpose built attraction.

Sadly it's too late for Frozen.

What are the chances of this happening? (honest question)

Mike S

How about they do the right thing and drop all this Chapek driven makeover nonsense and build new rides for their beloved IPs properly. Like they used to. GotG. Big6. Zooptopia. Wall-E. Each gets its own unique, purpose built attraction.

All they need to do with Wall-E is bring him out for M&G's. They have the technology.

DisDan

I think we can blame Universal for all this IP Land Craze. It's because of the success of WWOHP and DA that we are getting Avatar LAnd and SWL and TSL.... I personally like your ideas better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom