Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Brian Swan

Of course they could. I think, however, that they would be very hesitant to erase the presence of very popular aspects of the original trilogy from DHS. I think it is most likely that they leave Star Tours more or less as is and just ignore that the timeframe setting of the ride doesn't quite fit with the rest of the land. They are already playing fast and loose with the timeframe within the ride by adding Finn.
I completely agree; ditching all of the "classic' SW iconography just because there is a new wave of it with the new movies would be a bad thing; it would disappoint us "older" folks who saw the original trilogy during it's first theatrical release. Not saying that the later movies weren't good (I even enjoy the much-maligned Episode 1), but the original trilogy is really the "heart" of all that is SW. I was just commenting on the relative ease it would be to "update" ST, if they were concerned about the chronology.

Wikkler

It is not better however I loved Millionaire....I also appreciated Idol for what it was also. Never understood the hate. Last true DHS attraction that was in line with what the park was to be about
The singers were dreadful, American Idol was already passé when it opened, Disney tried to cash in on what is popular currently instead of trying to make something timeless.

rioriz

The singers were dreadful, American Idol was already passé when it opened, Disney tried to cash in on what is popular currently instead of trying to make something timeless.

I actually saw only two performances but what I saw had some good singers...albeit they were both the final performances of the night

deere839

Is Star Wars land still being planned to be built behind Star Tours into the parking lot?
I don't believe so because no construction started over there plus im hearing that the reason its being so far away is star tour technology isn't popular anymore and is getting expensive to run that's why parks are getting rid of them so Disney might jump on the band wagon and close it when star wars land is open .

space42

I don't believe so because no construction started over there plus im hearing that the reason its being so far away is star tour technology isn't popular anymore and is getting expensive to run that's why parks are getting rid of them so Disney might jump on the band wagon and close it when star wars land is open .
Or they just haven't started construction yet and it is going where it's been rumored. Starting at Echo lake , engulfing the stunt show and extending out into the parking lot.

deere839

Or they just haven't started construction yet and it is going where it's been rumored. Starting at Echo lake , engulfing the stunt show and extending out into the parking lot.
If that's the case then we would have seen closures of Indiana Jones witch is running well atm unlike Lights motor action and they would be clearing that area out right now.Like Disneyland where there land clearing plus they said construction starts for the lands this month.

Phicinfan

If that's the case then we would have seen closures of Indiana Jones witch is running well atm unlike Lights motor action and they would be clearing that area out right now.Like Disneyland where there land clearing plus they said construction starts for the lands this month.
Not necessarily, most reports still have SWL going toward the parking lot and in the star tours area, I will also say all reports I have seen have them keeping Star tours as part of this change.

deere839

Not necessarily, most reports still have SWL going toward the parking lot and in the star tours area, I will also say all reports I have seen have them keeping Star tours as part of this change.
The thing is we would see the closure of Indiana Jones and stuff around that area by now unless they want it done a little after 2021.i think were pretty much garneted at this point of time of it going into Backlot/Lights and I keep hearing construction starts for toy story land and both star wars land at the end of this month.

Phicinfan

The thing is we would see the closure of Indiana Jones and stuff around that area by now unless they want it done a little after 2021.i think were pretty much garneted at this point of time of it going into Backlot/Lights and I keep hearing construction starts for toy story land and both star wars land at the end of this month.
I disagree. They need the Backlot for staging, and by all reports from the insiders, that is still the case. Now, the ground breaking in April is new news, but this will be done in stages, so there is plenty of time to decide on Indiana Jones and its future. Per most reports early the first stage of this change was to build parking structures, so they can then take parking lot to expand for SWL. Again you could be right, but to me I don't think it will be that straight forward, it never has with Disney recently.

Cody5294

I'd say Star Tours is still a hit with the general audience. Disney is using the same technology for the Iron Man ride and Disneyland will most likely convert their Star Tours to that ride

danlb_2000

Premium Member

"construction starting" is a very loose term. It could simply mean the setup of staging areas, or even work on new parking garages needed to free up space to build into the current parking lot.

wdwgreek

If they do go the route of building behind star tours into the parking lot, con traction starting would begin with the building of new parking lots/ parking garages I would guess right?

deere839

"construction starting" is a very loose term. It could simply mean the setup of staging areas, or even work on new parking garages needed to free up space to build into the current parking lot.
wasn't the avatar the staging area for itself? Indiana Jones still runs a lot of shows during the day unlike Lights I would even put money on it because it causes the least amount of construction viewing from park guest

danlb_2000

Premium Member
wasn't the avatar the staging area for itself? Indiana Jones still runs a lot of shows during the day unlike Lights I would even put money on it because it causes the least amount of construction viewing from park guest

Avatar had a lot of extra space that isn't becoming part of the finished land, so that gave them space for staging and construction trailers. If SWL is going in the Echo Lake area then extra space will be needed for staging. Also remember that they are build two lands and likely new garages all of which will need staging areas.

People around here who have inside sources continue to say that SWL will be build around echo lake, but there is still the possibility that things changed and that info just hasn't leaked yet.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Parking garages and backstage clearing work would happen long before Indy closes. That would be considered work beginning for phase two.

Star Tours isn't going anywhere in WDW.

Launchpad McQuack

This isn't about construction, but is Star Wars related...

Are they still showing the Finn scene every time in Star Tours, or is it just randomized in now?

We're going to WDW in November, and we decided that we are going to skip DHS since there is currently less to do, and we'll be taking our one year old kid. I think I'm going to be able to work in a quick park hop on our Epcot day (while mom and grandparents take baby girl back to resort for nap time), so I am hoping to have like 2-3 hours devoted to Launch Bay and Star Tours (and MAYBE Tower of Terror if I'm lucky, since it's one of my favorite things in the world).

JohnWD

This isn't about construction, but is Star Wars related...

Are they still showing the Finn scene every time in Star Tours, or is it just randomized in now?

We're going to WDW in November, and we decided that we are going to skip DHS since there is currently less to do, and we'll be taking our one year old kid. I think I'm going to be able to work in a quick park hop on our Epcot day (while mom and grandparents take baby girl back to resort for nap time), so I am hoping to have like 2-3 hours devoted to Launch Bay and Star Tours (and MAYBE Tower of Terror if I'm lucky, since it's one of my favorite things in the world).
I suggest posting this question in the "Parks General Discussion" area where there are more people who actually like Disney, closer to your arrival date. Who knows, by November Disney may actually follow the advice of posters here and shut down DHS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom