Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

ToTBellHop

Do you have any information where the two announced land will be located in the parK? Or any idea when information will be provided to us? Perhaps the first of April after LMA closes down?
Last I heard, the lands are where I've always said they'd be (behind Midway Mania and behind/over Indy. I doubt they will ever make an announcement. There will be clearing and then structural steel and we will know. It isn't important to the average guest WHERE it goes, just that it's being built.

EPCOTCenterLover

I think its ok DL get it first. It's been years since DL has gotten anything really worthy. I am looking at DL as a separate park when I say this. Parades and such are very secondary in my mind compared to brick and mortar attractions.

Travel Junkie

That's because they have been working on California Adventure pretty much since then. Now that DCA is fixed, they are adding to Disneyland.

I was responding to a statement that said Disneyland is always getting new stuff and WDW always gets the shaft. There is this myth that Disneyland park is constantly getting new things and that simply isn't true. If you did a tale of the tape of recent projects completed and those under construction, it heavily tilts in WDW's favor.

Even if a lot of resources were spent on DCA there is no reason that Disneyland should have been without a new major attraction this century.

Daveeeeed

It's much easier to kick the Muppets and theme the restaurants to SW. Then Star Tours is connected to SWL.
I can almost guarantee you that they will not reuse anything besides maybe a kitchen for Star Wars. Imagine if Avatarland, or Cars land just used a random shop, and reused it. It would involve limitations as how it was originally planned, and the ventilation systems. The backlot express kitchen for Toy Story Land is probably the only thing that will be reused.

Daveeeeed

It's much easier to kick the Muppets and theme the restaurants to SW. Then Star Tours is connected to SWL.
Most likely that will happen. They already got rid of the Muppets at DCA. I don't understand why so many people think that the Muppets will stay. With almost complete certainty I can almost for sure tell you that if Star Wars is going to fully or partly take up streets of america Muppets will be gone. Truly won't be a loss for me, because although I like the Muppets MuppetVision 3D is so old. Would like to see a miniland maybe in some other part of the park with a ride though.
But please for everyone reading this do not be surprised if Muppets is the next to go on the chopping block, and if not for Star Wars Land, or Toy Story Land for location reasons then probably for Phase 3 if they are still going to have it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom