Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

BrianLo

It did not say anything about E-Tickets.

The press release mentions two signature attractions, which is Disney speak for 'we think they are E-tickets, or will certainly treat them as such'. Whether they are actually E-tickets in our eyes is a different story, but that at least means not one C-ticket and one spinner presumably.

Spirit mentioned around the BOD meeting to expect two major/worthy attractions since they were so unhappy with the first proposal... for what its worth at least.

Highlander12

What it could look like at Disneyland..

Attachments

• starwarsland copy.jpg
    starwarsland copy.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 175

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The press release mentions two signature attractions, which is Disney speak for 'we think they are E-tickets, or will certainly treat them as such'. Whether they are actually E-tickets in our eyes is a different story, but that at least means not one C-ticket and one spinner presumably.

Spirit mentioned around the BOD meeting to expect two major/worthy attractions since they were so unhappy with the first proposal... for what its worth at least.

I agree, just trying to keep the facts separate from the speculation.

FerretAfros

The rumors for DL have suggested that the Star Wars stuff would be in a mostly-indoor land, similar to Mermaid Lagoon at TDS, to allow the area to stay open during fireworks. The tall rock faces shown in the concept art certainly seem to suggest that this is a likely scenario, hiding the main guest spaces inside

An indoor land would also make a lot of sense for the Studios, where they've been doing fireworks with increasing frequency in recent years. If that's actually the case, it could bode well for the park that struggles to fill a day's worth of entertainment and has to shut down nearly half of its square footage for a nightly pyro show. I assume this would also mean that they would build it within the existing park footprint, rather than extending this area into the fallout-free parking lot

TyrantBoss

This is about 14 acres.

View attachment 106039

That would make more sense than other ideas I saw.
It would preserve the hub of Hollywood Studios, Echo Lake and not put 50's Prime Time Cafe too close to the opening of Star Wars Land.
Indiana Jones stays....but should be redesigned.
Star Tours stats as does Tatooine Traders and that is the clean transition between the Studios hub and Star Wars Land.

It makes great sense.

Jahona

When I finally think I've caught up reading this thread more posts happen. Anyways I'm totally down for riding the hype train but I still want cold hard facts. Concept art is beautiful but I have a hunger for more.

hopemax

Since Star Tours is a travel agency of sorts... Thoughts on converting it's exit so that it can serve as a Hogwart's Express style attraction that "transports" you to the new Star Wars land? With the option of a walk through for non-riders of course.

This is what I would want. Enclose the ride vehicles, and reconfigure the PeopleMover to deliver people to the land. I would think there would be some interest in developing a HE type thing for Disney since it's so popular for Uni.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom