Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

afar28

Early 2016 a limited time event will be launching similar to Star Wars weeekends. DHS getting star wars fireworks, DL getting a star wars Space mountain overlay for the event.

Cosmic Commando

This is *pure speculation*, but I have a strong feeling that this planet that the land are set in is from Episode VII. I think the subterfuge is to placate JJ Abrams and preserve some mystery until the movie comes out. There was a somewhat similar ruse before the Abrams-directed Star Trek into Darkness that Benedict Cumberbatch was playing "John Harrison"when he was really Khan.

I think it makes a lot more sense that this is from Episode VII than making up a new planet that had to mesh with Star Wars style. I think it looks like the planet where we've seen the X-wings flying in the trailers.

djkidkaz

Surely the mere mention of the name and some vague art is enough to have the fans drooling either way?

Now. Details. Timeframe? Cost? Specifics? Attraction descriptions?

Or just enough "news" to stop the complaints?

The park certainly needs it. It doesn't need to be part of a PR hype machine.

Why are you always so negative? You guys complain no matter what happens and is announced. It's never enough. Your apparently insiders so you should know all the rest of the details you clamor for. Why jump into this thread and purposely downplay people's excitement? You and your buddies all said Star Wars would get a vague passing announcement, but we got slightly more than that with info on what parks and how many attractions. Stop trying to ruin others excitement on a day many of us have been waiting for.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Why are you always so negative? You guys complain no matter what happens and is announced. It's never enough. Your apparently insiders so you should know all the rest of the details you clamor for. Why jump into this thread and purposely downplay people's excitement? You and your buddies all said Star Wars would get a vague passing announcement, but we got slightly more than that with info on what parks and how many attractions. Stop trying to ruin others excitement on a day many of us have been waiting for.
He's just being a realist. Would you rather have your hopes dashed before they soar out of control or have them dashed when the reality of what is to come does not mesh with your fantasy?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom