Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disneyfan1981

Here's the new version of Star Tours opening at Hong Kong's Tomorrowland next year. Except it's not based on Star Wars, it's based on Iron Man. The simulator ride is a fly along with Iron Man and the pre-show queue is based on Starck Industries. At least for Disneyland where they can do whatever they want for Marvel, this would be a perfect replacement for Star Tours once Star Wars Land opens.
Marvel-Iron-Man-Experience-Disney-Hong-Kong.png

Something else can be created for the Star Tours facility and ride system in DHS. Especially since the DHS version has six cabins to use instead of Disneyland's four.

This makes sense with the rumors of Innoventions being completely rethemed into Stark Industries and a full Marvel shop chi I would assume would go where Star Traders would go?

This is amazingly exciting for me. Star Wars was everything for me as a kid and I grew up in the tail-end of the original trilogy and was let down by the prequel trilogy. One thing I wanted though is to introduce my son to Star Wars in the proper fashion and now I'll be able to have him experience it in the theaters as well as share this land expansion in real time.

Even though we all knew it was coming, seeing it officially announced makes me giddy.

ToTBellHop

Which would mean they're going to have to build and open the parking garage(s) before starting major work on this land.
That can be done by Christmas 2016, when Playland could be ready to open to alleviate any further loss of attraction space for this land and PIXAR Place Phase 3.

ryan1

Sploosh.

Fantastic news and some very nice concept art!

Reading previous posts and some of the previous rumors on other threads my question is this....How can they include the Cantina that we all want for the signature restaurant with the land being an entirely new planet? That would be a little strange to have it on a new planet (i'd be ok with it because I want the Cantina to be built) but it wouldn't exactly fit the new planet theme.

Mickey5150

But, but... Star Wars has nothing to do with the theme of Disneyland park or Hollywood studios - what does a foreign planet based on a specific ip have to do with a park about general themes or making movies? This completely ruins everything! Plus the movies are crap - just a western in space and its just gonna be star tours 3.0 and a fancy spinner.

^sarcasm
Probably should put it in frontierland then.
I'm just happy no "spinners" were announced!
How
I'm just happy no "spinners" were announced!
How do you think we will each get to pilot our own millennium falcon? Actually millennium falcon spinners would be kind of cool.

BrianLo

Please mark me down as firmly, firmly under the belief that Star Tours 2.0 is not going anywhere in either Disneyland or DHS (although DHS will likely get a plussed exterior). If someone has actually heard insider information to counter this I am willing to be swayed, but until that time I think people are treating this like a Small World moving to Epcot type speculation. Disney is not axing a popular and recently re-done attraction for the sake of slightly strange theming continuity. That's not how Disney generally operates.

Star Tours takes place in a Space Port, this new land is a very specific planet, there is no requirement for them to be located right next to each other.

I will eat my hat if Disneyland's Star Tours is re-themed to Ironman, hold me to it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Sploosh.

Reading previous posts and some of the previous rumors on other threads my question is this....How can they include the Cantina that we all want for the signature restaurant with the land being an entirely new planet? That would be a little strange to have it on a new planet (i'd be ok with it because I want the Cantina to be built) but it wouldn't exactly fit the new planet theme.

It wouldn't be the same one from Episode 4, but the land shown in the concept art looks like the kind of place that could have a similar cantina.

jt04

Sploosh.

Perhaps they franchised them across the galaxy.

ToTBellHop

Are we sure they are both new and both E-tickets?
New to us, certainly. While a vastly rethemed Star Tours is possible, I would bet these rides are in addition to Star Tours. 14 acres and the budget numbers that have been thrown around for one new ride doesn't seem reasonable. It also doesn't seem reasonable to close Star Tours for the transformation, which would be required.

bakntime

Sploosh.

"... transporting guests to a never-before-seen planet, a remote trading port and one of the last stops before wild space where Star Wars characters and their stories come to life."

So the never-before-seen planet is one of two or three places that the land would encompass, if I'm reading that right. The "remote trading port" sounds a lot like Mos Eisley. Or maybe I'm reading it wrong, and the trading port is on the remote planet, in which case a Cantina that's similar (but not identical) to ANH's might be included.

CaptainAmerica

Sploosh.

Cantina is just a word for "bar." Every Star Wars city has one. It's not necessarily the Mos Eisley Cantina.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
"... transporting guests to a never-before-seen planet, a remote trading port and one of the last stops before wild space where Star Wars characters and their stories come to life."

So the never-before-seen planet is one of two or three places that the land would encompass, if I'm reading that right. The "remote trading port" sounds a lot like Mos Eisley. Or maybe I'm reading it wrong, and the trading port is on the remote planet, in which case a Cantina that's similar (but not identical to ANH's) might be included.

Interesting, I read that as three descriptions of the same place, but they could be three distinct locations.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Every store and restuarant “will be operated by local inhabitants”. Nothing will be out of character or stray from mythology. There will be a cantina as well.

I don't even LIKE star wars.. but this. This particular detail makes me HAPPY! Hopefully they'll do something like this for Avatarland too, just to make me a tad bit happy about it coming to Disney.

bakntime

Interesting, I read that as three descriptions of the same place, but they could be three distinct locations.
Yeah I just edited to include your interpretation, which is quite frankly probably what they meant, and I simply misread it because it was ambiguously worded.

bethymouse

I know for a fact I'm a part of the minority here that doesn't like star wars..but, yep I'm THAT guy:rolleyes: I knew it was probably coming and as of right now; I'm not ecstatic but I will go into this with an open mind especially with looking at the concept art..
Hey, I'm right there with ya bud!:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom