Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

bakntime

So who here thinks this will kill Universal? Pack up shop. Go crying to Mom kind of thing?
What does that have to do with the price of tea? How is that relevant? Who cares? Why would anyone want Universal to kill Disney or Disney to kill Universal? Universal and Disney being both successful helps the industry. Competition is good. The consumer benefits, Orlando benefits, the industry thrives with more to see and do, Disney and Universal both profit.

Enough with the "Who will win the War" junk.

Mike S

What does that have to do with the price of tea? How is that relevant? Who cares? Why would anyone want Universal to kill Disney or Disney to kill Universal? Universal and Disney being both successful helps the industry. Competition is good. The consumer benefits, Orlando benefits, the industry thrives with more to see and do, Disney and Universal both profit.

Enough with the "Who will win the War" junk.
If anyone is getting killed, it's Sea World ;)

lebeau

Surely the mere mention of the name and some vague art is enough to have the fans drooling either way?

You would think. But when Disney fans have been starving for a decade, they salivate over scraps.

A date would have done a lot for my excitement. Especially one before 2020.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
New planet - at least one that is NOT in the movies. I assume it could be in books and stuff, though that is likely not the case either.

Its a combination of Lucasfilm Industrial Lights and Magic, and Imagineers.

I like the idea of a new land. One of peoples concerns about a Star Wars land has always been, how do you pick which locaton to use since there are so many iconic locations in the movies. This solves that problem, create a new planet and give it all the Star Wars flavor.

bakntime

Star Tours can be moved, quite easily in fact.
I think we have different definitions of "quite easily."

Star Tours won't be moved. It may get re-themed (at Disneyland) to something else that's not SW, since that's an easy process to just make a new film that's themed to just about anything, but they're not going to move those simulators to another part of the park.

If anyone is getting killed, it's Sea World ;)
You may have a point there haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom