Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Highlander12

Can't wait for some one to do the calculations on what 14 acres would look like at DHS
We'll have to wait until 6 to hear more details. I based my original comment on the words that came out of Bob Iger's mouth: "We’re building a 14-acre Star Wars land at Disneyland. We are creating a jaw-dropping new world that represents our largest single themed land expansion ever."

Last edited:

juan

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This is about 14 acres.

image.jpg

lebeau

The "14 acres" refers to Disneyland's expansion into it's current backstage areas. The actual Star Wars lands will more than likely be larger than 14 acres and sit on land currently occupied by other attractions.

That seems to contradict the facts as they were presented by Disney. They didn't give us a lot of details. But 14 acres per park was one of them.

culturenthrills

All i'm hoping is for the 2 new rides to be actual new and innovative rides and not just another Soarin type thing (millennium falcon ride). I am more interested in the 2nd one they announced.
I am excited but like many we will see how they execute this. And we are talking about probably 5 years before it opens at DHS. I am assuming the DL version will open first. The only annoying thing is it looks like both will be copies of each other. It would be neat if each one was unique, land wise. They are promising alot with the 2 rides. Execution will be key. If they drop the ball on this, the fans will be harsh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom