Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

nickys

Premium Member
Not any more.

I’d also be surprised if certain things weren’t fast tracked soon after SWL opens. But they still have to learn to add, not replace.

Oh no, please tell us ToT isn’t in jeopardy again...

Not that I know of.

OK, so we “know” that at least one of the shows is in line to be replaced.

Presumably Launch Bay /Animation Courtyard too.

And obviously the Star Tours re-imagining eventually.

I’m still worried about the Indy stunt show. :( Unless they have plans to replace it with a proper Indy ride. But there’s that word replace again.

Can you say anything about which is likely to be the first to go, even if not about the replacement?

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
OK, so we “know” that at least one of the shows is in line to be replaced.

Presumably Launch Bay /Animation Courtyard too.

And obviously the Star Tours re-imagining eventually.

I’m still worried about the Indy stunt show. :( Unless they have plans to replace it with a proper Indy ride. But there’s that word replace again.

Can you say anything about which is likely to be the first to go, even if not about the replacement?

Indy is a big people eater. If the concern is crowding, it should have been first to be replaced over GMR.

jt04

Indy is a big people eater. If the concern is crowding, it should have been first to be replaced over GMR.

If the main concern right now is capacity shouldn't Indy be one of the last replacements?

Not being sarcastic. I think you will see other areas developed first. And possibly a return of 2 showings of Fantasmic nightly before Indy can close. IMO.

monothingie

Premium Member
Kinda internally that 6-8 to hours to get in the land then ride an attraction that I was informed of, they project it will last for at least a year.

I’d be concerned about the other parks, particularly for DVC and regular guests. This would probably be a turn off for guests who really aren’t going the make SWGE their reason for visiting. Coupled with expected substantial price increases, I think there is going to be a negative effect at other gates.

SirLink

I’d be concerned about the other parks, particularly for DVC and regular guests. This would probably be a turn off for guests who really aren’t going the make SWGE their reason for visiting. Coupled with expected substantial price increases, I think there is going to be a negative effect at other gates.

It depends what you class as a negative at the other gates.

jt04

Yes, it should.

But if they thought logically the Mickey ride would have been in addition to the GMR.

Was GMR actually an option anymore with all the media companies scrambling to protect and exploit their own individual IP's?

It really is the wild west right now in this regard.

monothingie

Premium Member
As I said it depends on what you class as a negative at the other gates? All you have said is which gates will be hurt.

Attendance.

I’m already planning on skipping going in 2020 and will probably let my AP lapse. I’m there at least three times a year for a total of about 3-4 weeks.

BrianLo

Attendance.

I’m already planning on skipping going in 2020 and will probably let my AP lapse. I’m there at least three times a year for a total of about 3-4 weeks.

I guess it depends on how many additional people show up for this land. Park hopping and multi-day tickets are inevitable and those people will also tack on the other parks. The entire resort wide attendance should go up even if the distribution becomes wonky. If it doesn't then there will be massive panic at TDO.

I mean, people have technically been suckered if they are buying a one day ticket to Hollywood Studios, I'm sure that will be more frequent though. Depending on how difficult it is to navigate your standard week long stays may be suddenly dedicating 2 days to DHS, that's most likely coming out of Epcot or DAK. Probably the former with Pandora still being somewhat hot.

Ratatouille is going to be a tiny plug in a stinking ship.

jt04

It was certainly an option. The IP side of things wasn’t an issue.

It all came down to short term cost. And now they’re scrambling to spend even more money to fix the capacity mistake.

I remember the days when some complained they weren't spending enough money on the parks. I think it was yesterday. 😉

BrianLo

How many lands have actually had appreciable waits to enter for any period of time? Hogsmeade only? Isn't that more a sizing to popularity issue. Hogsmeade is tiny, SW:GE is not.

I don't think Pandora, Radiator Springs or Diagon Alley have closed to capacity all that often, maybe I am mistaken.

I feel like this waiting to get in is something that won't really be a factor outside of the grand opening period and maybe a holiday or two. Multi-hour waits for the attractions, absolutely. But even still both have a bit more capacity than FoP.

jt04

How many lands have actually had appreciable waits to enter for any period of time? Hogsmeade only? Isn't that more a sizing to popularity issue. Hogsmeade is tiny, SW:GE is not.

I don't think Pandora, Radiator Springs or Diagon Alley have closed to capacity all that often, maybe I am mistaken.

I feel like this waiting to get in is something that won't really be a factor outside of the grand opening period and maybe a holiday or two. Multi-hour waits for the attractions, absolutely. But even still both have a bit more capacity than FoP.

The fact that there will be two and DL will take some of the edge 😉 off will no doubt help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom