Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I know people have been saying on and off about the size and how crowded it will be, but I am not so sure, except for the opening month! I have been looking at at the old Ellen's Energy Adventure building since they started gutting it, and kept thinking that ride always seemed huge to me, but in all the aerials and ground shots now it looks so small. My point is that we can't really tell what this place will be like until you see pictures on the ground, but if the Energy ride is any example, they know how to utilize every square inch of space and it will hopefully be quite roomy.
We have a pretty good idea of the constraints and problems to be expected.

nickys

Premium Member
I know people have been saying on and off about the size and how crowded it will be, but I am not so sure, except for the opening month! I have been looking at at the old Ellen's Energy Adventure building since they started gutting it, and kept thinking that ride always seemed huge to me, but in all the aerials and ground shots now it looks so small. My point is that we can't really tell what this place will be like until you see pictures on the ground, but if the Energy ride is any example, they know how to utilize every square inch of space and it will hopefully be quite roomy.

We know just about every measurement of Galaxy Edge, thanks to both insider knowledge and Bioreconstruct’s aerial shots.

And this is going to attract thousands of people who wouldn’t normally go anywhere near Disney. It won’t just be insanely busy the first month, it’ll be the first year.

SirLink

We know just about every measurement of Galaxy Edge, thanks to both insider knowledge and Bioreconstruct’s aerial shots.

And this is going to attract thousands of people who wouldn’t normally go anywhere near Disney. It won’t just be insanely busy the first month, it’ll be the first year.

Well current internal projections put it at around 6-8 hours to get into the land and get on one attraction. They are panicking but they knew this which makes other decisions of the Great Hollywood Reimagining more confusing

MickeyMinnieMom

This is probably ludicrous and a nonstarter, but in talking to my husband we started thinking about this: what if they could manage something like the virtual waiting rooms used in the past for some rD races and high-demand ticket releases like Hamilton? Using something like this in addition to FP and pure standby. People could be out spending money on food, merchandise, etc., and then get in line closer to boarding when notified on their phones. Logistically I’m sure it’s a no go, but it would be better from a guest perspective if it was feasible.

nickys

Premium Member
This is probably ludicrous and a nonstarter, but in talking to my husband we started thinking about this: what if they could manage something like the virtual waiting rooms used in the past for some rD races and high-demand ticket releases like Hamilton? Using something like this in addition to FP and pure standby. People could be out spending money on food, merchandise, etc., and then get in line closer to boarding when notified on their phones. Logistically I’m sure it’s a no go, but it would be better from a guest perspective if it was feasible.

I may be wrong but I thought Universal did something like this when WWOHP opened. Possibly Diagon Alley rather than Hogsmeade, because I’m sure everyone’s seen those photos of the lines when Hogsmeade first opened. o_O

Goofyernmost

It would be great if all guest understand how the system works. I see lots of guest who don’t know they were supposed to make fast pass reservations before coming to the parks and thought it gave them FP for every ride.
Disney would want people to keep spending $$$$.
Yes, it would be cool, but, only for people who understand mechanics, or in other words, can figure out and appreciate how it works. No one needs to see it running. People by the thousands drive cars and have no idea how they work, we ride in buses and have no clue about the mechanics that make it operate. We fly in planes 30,000 feet in the air and really do not understand what holds the damn thing up. Sometimes we are better off not knowing exactly how it operates especially since this is intended strictly as a form of transportation, not entertainment. You don't desire to have a cab driver remove the hood (bonnet, for the UK) so that they can see the motor run.

One plugs in their table lamps in a weird looking slot in the wall. They don't have a clue as to how it works. It is important only that it works. Watching a big red wheel turn around will have a very limited fascination for anyone and in the process leave the moving parts wide open for birds to nest or land on moving equipment leaving a variety of mess that we would also have to witness. It will make cleaning up harder and can be a very unpleasant thing to deal with. Kind of making it lose the magic.

As far as the FP example, the difference is that one can ride on a Gondola with absolutely no clue about its makeup and it will have no effect on you, because you will still get to the intended area. Not knowing about FP, will cost you a lot of time and frustration.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
The park as far as I am aware should be 'fixed' by 2030 its a suck it up and hope investment comes. They simply don't have enough capacity to draw push people around the park.

So SWGE is not the end of development? Disney can’t walk and chew bubble gum at the same time when it comes to really big park projects, so I guess this comes after EPCOT spine?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom