Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

John

Screens......no screens......AA's....no AA's.......Existing lands.....Non Existing lands....Oy Vey! Just maybe with this budget ....just maybe the board finally said bring us something spectacular! Uni vs Disney? Of course there is a one upmanship going on.....its civil but you better believe both companies watch the other.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I really hope they do these rides justice and don't make them like a Buzz Lightyear shooter.

"attraction puts guests behind the controls of one of the most recognizable ships in the galaxy, the Millennium Falcon, as they take on a customized secret mission." - spinner

" including an epic Star Wars adventure that puts you in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance." - two, side by side spinners.

;)

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
"attraction puts guests behind the controls of one of the most recognizable ships in the galaxy, the Millennium Falcon, as they take on a customized secret mission." - spinner

" including an epic Star Wars adventure that puts you in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance." - two, side by side spinners.

;)
Careful... Someone could take that seriously and have 5 years of bile to spew....

*1023*

Cesar R M

For the Star Wars fans out there, this might interest you. Yes off topic as far as discussing the Parks...but on target for stoking your hopes for a great Star Wars film!

Drew Struzan Force Awakens Opinions (Guy who does all the wonderful posters for all the Star Wars Films.)
"…It started about a year ago or more, a year and a half ago. I got a call from J.J. Abrams who I have never met, and he was in England shooting the film and he goes ‘Hi, I’ve always loved the work’ and Blah, Blah, Blah, sounding like you, you know, like a fanboy (laughs) And we were talking along and he just goes ‘…Well, would you?’ and I said ‘…If I was asked.’ And that was the conversation (laughs). By the end of it, there were no other words. So about a year later, we get together and meet and he says we’re using all the original people – John Williams, Kasdan, Harrison Ford’s in it, everybody’s in it and everybody’s writing and making the music and we have to have your art to make it the real thing. So, of course, I’ve got to do it for George and I’ve got to do it for Star Wars. I’ve never worked with J.J before and so we started working on it and he showed me like half the movie and it was just… a wonderful film and I know it’s going to be grand. I got to read the script and subsequently I’ve seen half of it and I can tell you and the fans this, Honest to god, it is far and away probably going to be THE BEST Star Wars you’ve ever seen. … Well it’s beautifully made and it’s a wonderful story."

star-wars-7-struzan-poster-full.jpg
dear god, I feel ancient.. look how old Harrison Ford looks :(

reminds me on how fragile both Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart are :/

Cesar R M

;)
...spinner...

7Xkoe.gif

CinematicFusion

dear god, I feel ancient.. look how old Harrison Ford looks :(

reminds me on how fragile both Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart are :/

We age...he was 34 when he did Star Wars in 1977.
He looks good for his age, hope I'm as lucky in my 70's.

It is interesting that in the painting he isn't given a more heroic stance but again it's not his story anymore. The new kids have the spot light.

jimbaker84

[QUOTEhonest ="roj2323, post: 6859968, member: 94902"]I got bored so I took a crack at the 14acre plot of land. In all options I included Star tours as TDO probably did.
20505568160_0e7f09c9ef_o.png

20506835859_c5f750df7e_b.jpg
20070991134_0dd2b6139a_o.png

20505564508_cc01f30c58_o.png

Unfortunately I think the 3rd or 4th ideas are the more likely as they stay within the perimeter road. Additionally there could be plans to push beyond the current limits of the park which could result in Indy staying but the rumors on it's demise especially in light of the deaths and serious injuries over the last few years put the writing on the wall in my opinion.[/QUOTE]
To be
I got bored so I took a crack at the 14acre plot of land. In all options I included Star tours as TDO probably did.
20505568160_0e7f09c9ef_o.png

20506835859_c5f750df7e_b.jpg
20070991134_0dd2b6139a_o.png

20505564508_cc01f30c58_o.png

Unfortunately I think the 3rd or 4th ideas are the more likely as they stay within the perimeter road. Additionally there could be plans to push beyond the current limits of the park which could result in Indy staying but the rumors on it's demise especially in light of the deaths and serious injuries over the last few years put the writing on the wall in my opinion.

The term expansion has been used by many when referring to the creation of this new Star Wars land, however if any of the predictions stated previously turn out to be correct then we are set to lose two attractions with three being built in their place, a net gain of only one attraction. There seems to be plenty of land running parallel with the entrance road to Hollywood Studios, so could there be a possibility of moving the entrance road further out to free up the space required for the new Star Wars land?

Personally speaking I feel that to lose both Indiana Jones and the Muppets to make way for this new land is too high a price to pay. The point of this new land is to provide more attractions for people to enjoy, not just a direct replacement for those currently in place. Both Indiana Jones and the Muppet Show may need some work to enhance them for new audiences (and additional safety measures in the case of Indy) but they provide attractions for a diverse range of people who may not happen to be massive fans of Star Wars.

The news about the new Star Wars and Toy Story lands is the best news to have come from WDW in the last few years, I just hope that they manage to keep all of the current attractions intact.

Dropout

If they need the land that Indiana Jones currently occupies, would it be possible to move it where LMA currently is? Disney owns Indiana Jones and I imagine they would want it to have some park presence. The park does not need 2 stunts shows, that's for sure.

jimbaker84

If they need the land that Indiana Jones currently occupies, would it be possible to move it where LMA currently is? Disney owns Indiana Jones and I imagine they would want it to have some park presence. The park does not need 2 stunts shows, that's for sure.

The LMA Stunt Show is still a relatively new attraction and has always been very popular any time I've been there.

To be honest I think Hollywood Studios needs as many attractions as possible, at the moment it really is a half day park at best. I don't know if there would be any kind of possibility of having Indy relocated to the other side of the park to tie in with the theming of sunset blvd?

roj2323

I don't know that relocating it is in the cards but a replacement Indy show in the LMA area might not be a bad idea.

Beholder

In regards to Indiana Jones, I wouldn't mind seeing a stunt show/demonstration spanning the history of films. All period sets and characterizations, gangster films, westerns, sci fi, adventure (Dr. Jones), and modern day blockbusters. A collage of films, past and present, reduces the likelihood of it losing its shelf life, broad appeal and more of a history lesson in film making techniques rather than a pretend "wink wink, we're filming a movie" rehearsal routine.

WildcatDen

Then I'd be pretty ****ed. Yes, selfish on my part. I completely admit it. But I want that giant Star Wars land and let the rest of the park burn like its Atlanta in 1865......
Ahhh. The often rumored "Sherman's March Land", eh? I always thought this was a better fit for Fort Wilderness, you know, due to the burning wood and such. . . Still, it would be interesting, no?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom